Mkmillwall

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been wanting to start a US Custom League Chairman game for a while and have been working over the past week or so to put it all in writing. It will likely launch in the next week or the week after, but I was wondering if I should have one 16 team league or a two tier league with 32 teams. Would there be enough interest for 32 teams? If there is, I promise I'll put in the work, but I would need some dedicated individuals. Does anybody have some other ideas about how many teams I should put in each league and how realistic this would be? Thanks!

Honestly, I'd go with 16 teams as getting 32 ACTIVE chairmen will be hard enough nevermind the amount of work you will have to do to manage 32 chairman's transfers and such..

Do you guys think two divisions of 12 will be alright? 24 managers ... it's a lot I'd do the work but I just like the idea of promotion/relegation you know; something new for football in America.

The idea of promotion/relegation would be something new to the table, in regards to chairman games and would be interesting.

It would be hard to find 24 chairmen who will be ACTIVE..as with most chairman games, users tend to become less active over time before these games die out. Hence the reason to keep the chairman amount to a low amount, with strictly only active users participating.

At the end of the day, interactive users who post daily on the chairman thread is what will keep the chairman game alive and entertaining.

It is your game though and if you feel up to the task of having 24 chairmen then definitely give it a go. I will be your first Chairman signup.

Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to see you joining; So I know that the whole inactivity thing might be an issue, so my idea is to make this sort of a long term save, with chairmen "taking over" clubs once another chairman either resigns or doesn't post for a set amount of time. That way, there can be a history behind the clubs and a legacy that each chairman will have to follow with. Adds to the story really...

Just saying guys chairman game is active and we have 7 spots left to fill so if you want to come join go check it out under manager stories cheers!