dannyrefc

Reaction score
hello,

since the older cms and fms i was always a com only type player for quickness but have recently gone to watching in key/extended due to wanting to see tactics etc but i find this game their is absaloutly no point!

atleast 3-4 errors per game for example players running away from ball or goalkeepers positioning etc i just find it very pointless to even watch it as it is all just random and don't see much benefit in watching it due to this?

anyone else commentary only ?

Yes me, never had the time to do it any slower

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

what way do you set up? i havent used com only since the days of it being across the middle of the screen on overview im thinking split screen with overview and match stats?

I use player ratings

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I am also an old school champ manager player, from about 99/00 era but have moved with the times and gone on to the pitch view when it first came out.

However on the 2014 game I reverted back to just commentary (about 6 months back) as I felt the benefit didn't outweigh the time.

The pitch view was getting annoying, some of the movement was terrible, not realistic, and therefore frustrating, like watching armature teams. It was also taking too long to play a game, and therefore season for me too.

I use commentary only for the same reason. Tracking a couple of stats makes up for what I could miss out on the pitch.

What's the point of playing this game if you don't even watch the matches....?

Does commentary only different from the pitch view in terms of what happens?

For me it would just take all the fun out of it but to each their own i suppose.

I do watch the games because it is part of the game, and kind of what make FM so good and different to other Management titles out there. Having said that I do get where he is coming from about the unrealistic-ness of it all.

Considering 'realism' is what SI claim is their USP, I find it very frustrating when defenders run away from balls leaving the AI strikers to have a tap in, or my players with very good passing and decisions stats not being able to roll the ball 6 yards to each other, or the best and most annoying is how SI cant get the 'realism' right so they make strikers god awful finishers so the games don't end up with cricket scores.

Ive only started watching sometimes lately now after I replaced my 2 white AMR/L players with 2 black dudes and now they always seem to get dis allowed goals. First 2 never.. (not claiming racist lol)..I guess you can use it to fine tune some training - at least I like to think that. But com all the way for me usually.

For big important games i switch it to key.

I would like FM to include player camera whereby you are watching the game through the eyes of the person FPS and 3rd person view. That would be frikking cool.