Revival of the Red Devils - A Manchester United Story!

savan21

Reaction score

View attachment 13683
Manchester United is the most successful team in English Football history and currently hold the record for most league titles won as Manchester United Legend Sir Alex Ferguson knocked Liverpool off their ******* perch! The Club carries a proud tradition and were famous for their attacking football and their youth academy. It all went south unfortunately after the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson as 3 managers have since changed hands but Manchester United are nowhere near where they should be and are currently the laughing stock amongst European Elite.

Aims:

1. Takeover as Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and stabilise the club.
2. Promote Youth players to the First Team
3. Surpass Liverpool first (Country) and Real Madrid (Continent) as the most successful European Club
4. Field an XI comprising of Home Grown Talent in Premier League
5. Field an XI comprising of Home Grown Talent in Champions League
6. Win the Premier League and Champions League with majority HG players

Rules:

1. One Youth Player in the team every match.
2. Atleast one player from U-18's or U-23's in every match day squad.

THE CLUB

View attachment 13636
Formed in 1878 as Newton Heath, Manchester United or Red Devils as they are known as are a part of the Rich British History and a British Royalty. Grown on the principles of Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex Ferguson, the clubs enjoyed their highest success under both these legendary managers' with the formers' reign featured the darkest day in the Clubs history but also became the foundation for the youth first policy of the club.

The Club has more legends, Icons and favoured personnel than many clubs combined. Their greatest rival is Liverpool who were the most successful club in Britain before Sir Alex Ferguson arrived while the growing strength of Manchester City and historic rivalry with Chelsea and Arsenal means the Premier League is always a feisty affair!

FACILITiES

View attachment 13635
Manchester United have the biggest stadium in England and one of the most impressive ones. With brilliant training facilities, youth facilities and a bulging Bank Balance, Manchester United should be dominating football for the next few decades. But unfortunately Sir Alex Ferguson left an ageing squad which only he could motivate and a lack of direction and sense of purpose thereafter meant the Red Devils haven't won a Premier League title in the 5 years since Sir Alex retired as David Moyes, Louis Van Gaal and Jose Mourinho came and went without able to stamp their authority on the club.

It all changes today as I look to establish the United Way and bring the club back to its former glory and making full use of the brilliant facilities available.​

THE SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS

David De Gea - The undisputed Number 1 and unarguably one of the best in the world. David De Gea will man the goal-posts as we rebuild to our former glory. Signed by Sir Alex, he has still room for improvement and hopefully an extended contract will bring the focus back on the pitch and the rumours of transfer can finally die.

Sergio Romero - The No. 1 shot stopper for Argentina is behind De Gea at united. One of the best understudies in the world, I will be looking to sell him either this year or next year as I look to develop Dean Henderson or Joel Pereira.

Lee Grant - Signed in for cover at the beginning by Jose Mourinho. He will remain at the club till the expiry of his contract.

Dean Henderson - The English goalee has been generating headlines at his loan spell in Sheffield United and attracting interest from elsewhere with his United path blocked by De Gea. I am hopeful of agreeing a contract extension with him and bump him upto the understudy role! English and Home Grown is a combination I am not willing to lose other than for silly money.

FULL-BACKS

Ashley Young - The Vice-captain of the club and capable of covering on both the left and right flank, the ex-attacking midfielder is a reliable and short term solution at the full-backs and it is criminal that a club of Manchester United's stature has stuck with him at full-back for so long. I will be looking to sell him if I can otherwise will be gone on expiry of his contract.

Antonio Valencia - The club captain and another winger who was converted to full-back. He is hard working and talented but doesn't suit the vision for the club I have. Will mostly meet the same fate as Ashley Young. (The quality of the captains is shameful)

Matteo Darmian - Arguably the best right-back at the club, he has been out of favour for a long time. Plays sporadically once in a while but will be sold for the right money.

Diogo Dalot - The exciting portuguese is someone I will be looking to give game time and develop further. He could be and should be our full-back for the next few years.

Luke Shaw - The Englishman hasn't had the best of life at Manchester United but with minimal competition and back to full fitness, there is no rock for him to hide behind now. Will be first choice for the season ahead and will be re-assessed after!

Lee O'Connor - The Irish can play both Centre-back and right-back and I will be looking to give him some time at both. An exciting prospect and a born leader, I am hoping he can lead us in the future.

Ethan Laird - The attacking full-back is reminiscent of a young Rafael before the Bayern Munich fiasco broke the lad. His passing range, vision and ability to get in attacking position is brilliant IRL and I will be looking to develop him and give him game time at left-back.

Wishlist - Backup Leftback (On Loan mostly)

CENTRE-BACKS

Phil Jones - Once likened and compared to Duncan Edwards, he has to put it mildly not even been good as Duncan's shadow. Phil Jones has brilliant games every 4-5 matches and then gets injured. He will be part of my squad during the year but will be re-assessed at the end.

Chris Smalling - The most experienced Centre-back at the club but is as inconsistent as Jones. He will be similarly given chance but re-assessed at the end of the year.

Eric Bailly - He announced himself to the United faithful with verve and swagger and reminded of Nemanja Vidic with his crunchinc tackles. As is the problem with United Centre-backs he is inconsistent, injured or moments away from being rash.

Victor Lindelof - The Swedish came with a brilliant reputation which got tattered in his debut season but after a solid World Cup he is slowly showing his brilliant self to the club. He is my first choice for now and I will be looking to build my defense around him.

Axel Tuanzebe - The Enlgish Centre-back suffers from the injury curse which has hampered his progress. He will be given a chance in the squad next season after his loan spell!

Lukasz Bejger - The Polish centre-back is very raw but the staff rates him highly! Might be given a chance in the team as part of Youth promotion!

Wishlist - De Ligt, Varane

MIDFIELDERS

Nemanja Matic - The only defensive midfielder at the club, his slow pace is his biggest enemy. An effective shield to my fragile back-four. I am still not sure about his utillity but will be kept for this season at least!

Fred - The Brazilian comes with a brilliant reputation and I am looking to integrate him this season to provide some attacking verve and finesse to our passing. He has won plenty of titles in Ukraine and I will be looking to him to lead our midfield renaissance.

Scott McTominay - The younf academy graduate will serve as another defensive midfielder and as an understudy to Matic. Likened to Darren Fletcher, he is far from convincing but his Home Grown status means he will get plenty of chances.

Ander Herrera - The spaniar wears his heart on his sleeves and is a fan favorite for his passion and often been touted as an United captain. He will be competing with Fred to be part of the midfield but is undoubtedly one of my favorite players in the squad. Smart and sensible, he puts the club before himself.

Paul Pogba - The Midfield King and one of the best in the world, Pogba often blows hot and cold, disappearing for matches in a row at times. I am looking to build my team around him but I will be demanding more consistency from him on the pitch.

Charlie McCann - The U-17 Irish lad has a mean footballing brain and mean right foot. Creative and always looking for a pass, the Irish will be playing a huge role in the squad.

Ethan Hamilton - The scottish midfielder suffers due to his versaitility as he has not any role his own yet. I am keen to see how he does on loan.

Ailou Traore - The French teen was signed from PSG and is highly rated around the world. Silky and sleek, he is used in a box to box role in the youth team and might be groomed under a similar role for the First Team.

James Garner - The best youth midfielder, Garner has already made his debut IRL and has been likened to Micheal Carrick. I am looking to actively give him some minuted this season.

Wishlist - U-23 & U-18 Player (Tonali, Melegoni)

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Juan Mata - Signed by David Moyes in 2013, Mata never reached the heights of his stunning seasons at Chelsea. He is technically one of the most brilliant players at the club but often slows down the attacks. I am looking to offload him if possible and investing in younger players.

Andreas Pereira - Capable of playing in mdifield, attack and left wing, Pereira is famous for his technical ability and long range goals. He has often flattered to deceive but will be given a chance this season to prove himself.

Angel Gomes - Coming on for Wayne Rooney in Jose Mourinho's debut season, Gomes is a bag of tricks and a brilliant player at youth level. He has stagnated a bit since that big day with his contemparies like Sancho and Odoi performing much better, a lack of depth in his position means he will be given plenty of chances.

Wishlist - Rotation Option, U-23 and U-18 player

WINGERS

Alexis Sanchez - The chilean has failed to impress since his high profile signing from Arsenal as the curse of No. 7 continues at Manchester United. He will be rotated with Martial for the Left wing position and will be moved on if he fails to impress in the first 6 months! His wages have ruined the wage structure and there are plenty of young left-wingers in the country.

Anthony Martial - The mercurial french star has been compared to Giggs, Henry and many others but has performed only sporadically after his magical goal against Liverpool. Has got plenty of talent but lacks consistency and discipline. I am looking to make him an integral member of the team if he performs well.

Jesse Lingard - Home-Grown, hard working and ability to perform at the big stage, Lingard is a dream player to have. His only problem like many others is the consistency. It's shameful that we suffer from such a high level of consistency problem for a club of our level.

Tahith Chong - The Dutch has had many fans salivating for the past 2 years and he will get a chance to prove himself. Chong is the only player apart from Lingard who is a natural right-winger and that will serve as an advantage for him.

Wishlist - U-23 and Rotation options (Antonio Marin, Ante-Coric, Callum-Hudson Odoi)

STRIKERS

Romelu Lukaku - The Belgian is a Premier League veteran and has proved himself constantly at this level but for his CONSISTENCY! That's the problem with the entire ****** squad! I prefer playing with a single striker and will be competing with Rashford! Also looking to develop him as a Wide Target Man.

Marcus Rashford - The Academy graduate is the darling of the fans and English Football. He lacks a bit of finishing touhch but his work-rate is phenomenal. He should be in the team for years to come and will be given time and patience to bloom.

Mason Greenwood - The 16 year old has fans dreaming of Van Persie and seemingly does everything well on the pitch. Far from First-Team material he will be given minutes to get ready for the Premier League though. Carabao cup and last 10 minutes will be his audition ground!

Wishlist - Backup Option (Berbatov) and U-23 & U-18 players

---

PRE-SEASON

View attachment 13169
A pre-season which was both enlightening and worrisome as we struggled to beat the good teams, failed to take chances against the average ones but we were defensively very stable. With most of the squad away due to the World Cup holiday, it was a good chance for the youngsters in the club to stake their claim for the start of the season and it was Angel Gomes who was the most impressive of the lot. He was a constant menace either on the left wing or centrally and with players short of match fitness and a forgiving schedule, he might just get his chance at the beginning of the season.

Alexis Sanchez also impressed although he was played upfront with no senior strikers at the club while Greenwood played second fiddle to him. It was an overall pleasant experience but fully made me aware of what and how much work is needed at the club. When I arrived there were not enough coaches and no one knew where to start from. Many big coaches were not even ready to join us due to the lack of vision at the club and all that cobwebs will take a while to clear but it's a good beginning and I am hoping for a pleasant start to the season.

TRANSFERS

IN

View attachment 13162PATRICE EVRA - I needed a backup left-back for the season and who other than the United legend to shore up our defence in case of injury or squad rotation while also teaching the young squad the United Way of playing. He will serve up the role to be Shaw's deputy, mentor to the young full-backs as well as the DJ of the squad!

View attachment 13161
DIMITAR BERBATOV - Another ex-United player who joins us for the season, Berbatov will have a similar role to Evra at the club. He will be backup to Lukaku and Rashford while I am planning on playing him and Greenwood together in the cups so there is less pressure on the youngster as well.

View attachment 13160
PELAYO MORRILA - The Spanish midfielder can play on the left and through the middle and had a very cheap release clause. This proved to be the trump points as he was preferred over Antonio Marin for the role. While I wanted to sign Marin as well, I would rather give a chance to Gomes on the left and Gribbin/Barlow through the middle rather than youth players of other academies.

View attachment 13159
MATTHIJS DE LIGT - The defence was in serious need of upgrade and depth and while looking at various alternatives, the Dutchman seemed the best option. Coming in for 23 Million and 16 to be paid based on performance and appearance, the young defender is a coup for the club. Chased by every club in the world, he is a defensive rock, a leader at the back and can bring the ball our brilliantly. I am very excited to partner him with Lindelof or Bailly!

PLAYERS OUT

View attachment 13158
Matteo Darmian - I had too many right backs and he was the best saleable asset I had. He goes off to Southampton for an initial 13.75 Million with a further 5 based on performance and 10 % of any further sale. A nice deal for me which partially funded the De Ligt deal.

Review

A decent transfer window as we were able to plug in a position we needed while selling off dead-wood which was possible too. With lots of players coming late from holidays, I didn't want many signings and neither could I sell many players. With 53 Million still in the kitty, I might dip my toes in the water if needed otherwise the academy will step up.

---​