Reviving sleeping giants, Nottingham Forest

iopzzza

Reaction score
Hello to all of you :). This is my save, reviving sleeping giants and i choosed to pick 2 times champions leagues winners Nottingham Forest. They reside in championship now and here is a little bit history about them...

Nottingham Forest Football Club, often referred to as simply Forest, is a professional football club based in West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, England. Forest were founded in 1865 and have played home matches at the City Ground since 1898. They compete in the Championship, the second tier of the English football league system.Forest were founder members of the Football Alliance in 1889 before joining the Football League in 1892. They have since mostly competed in the top two League tiers except five seasons in the third tier. Forest won the FA Cup in 1898 and 1959. Their most successful period was in the management reign of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor between 1976 and 1982. With Forest they won the 1977–78 Football League title followed by the 1979 and 1980 European Cups. They also won two Football League Cups at Forest together. After Taylor left Clough won two more League Cups and two Full Members Cups.

I was wondering actually which club to start, because , everton , wolves were also an option, but at last decided to start in championship so it will be more fun :). I am predicted to finish 10 , so hopefully we can fight for playoff spots. Cups are really important for me in the first season so i wont be playing full commitment into them.

My team will play mostly 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1. 4-4-2 counter attacking , as match engine is more suited counter-attacks this season rather than possesion football and of course 4-4-1-1 for possesion football when its necessery. As of the squad i will look for exactly 22 players and i will have at least 2 players at each position , so i can have 2 full squads, and i will change them each match. The last thing i do is because of jadedness.

As i see i have a lots of great players currently away on loan so i will play with whatever is left. My finances are average with around 3,5 mln for transfers and decent amount for wages left.

As i look now through squad - View attachment 24992 i will need one Dc and one DL because we are short on this positions and i will sell bridcutt and claudio yacob, because i dont play ball winning midfielder. And they are both old and i can get decent amount of money.

I see now actually i got Danny Fox for a cb in the reserves so he will do for this season.
View attachment 24989View attachment 24988these are the players i've signed so far.

Last edited:
So we are halfway through season, 23 matches played
View attachment 24981as you can see we are doing great and Dias is our top performer he scored 12 goals as of now.

View attachment 24980and
View attachment 24979senior matches for now... We did amazing at Carabao but tottenham beat us by little. And there are tooo many injury's on fm touch 19... i mean 7 players injured at the same time first team... it was hard.

Over

So first season is over for us. Some great performance by G.Dias View attachment 24834 Shame he is on loat at us, though.

Secured us the Championship division. View attachment 24833 and great performances at the other competitions.

Now comes the hard part. Next season we are gonna play against the 8 most sucessfull clubs in english history top6 + everton and newcastle (i exclude villa, but they have chance to win the playoff, so yeah) and its gonna be very very tough. I will rebuild the squad and hope for mid table or low table finish , avoid relegation at all costs.

If anyone wants any additional screenshots of the team or everything feel free to ask i will post :)

And yes, we starting the new season with very decent signings including high profile View attachment 24779

And some others View attachment 24778. We also offloaded some players and i actually want to sell more , but no one wants to buy Ben Watson and A.Geudieoura. They are too old and slow for premier league .

View attachment 24777View attachment 24776This is my whole squad i expect avoiding fight for relegation.

View attachment 24775View attachment 24774And those are the matches from first 2 halfs of the season . I hope to do well.

If anyone interested wants me to go more detailed of this save, feel free to ask, i will go in more details , for example for every match and every transfer.

hey, i've only just seen this on the forum and i'm really interested as i'm a Nottingham Forest fan
i would love to see more of this