MaccerBCFC

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm new here so i decided to do a story.

Chris's Out

Newcastle United have been dealt a major blow today just two months before their official return to the Premier League.

The Magpies have released full details of the departure of Chris Hughton on the club's website after rumours were circulating around Newcastle that the Irish gaffer had quit.

The Newcastle board have released a statement claiming Hughton was dealing with personal problems and insisted they would not go deeper into the situation until Hughton commented himself.

"Its disappointing for everyone to come to terms with. Chris was a fantastic manager in his time here , he gave us the joy of promotion last year and we will be forever grateful for that." - Newcastle director, Derek Llambias

ChrisHughton3.jpg

Hughton was suffering with personal problems

Newcastle have refused to comment on a replacement but the bookies believe Martin O'Neill could be in line to take the job.

Full Odds

Martin O'Neill - 5/4
John Toshack - 11/5
Tony Mowbray - 6/1
Colin Calderwood - 9/1

Hught Coach Is Chosen

Chris Hughton's young prodigy Aaron McDonald has been handed the opportuiny of his life after been given the chance to replace his mentor.

The Birmingham born coach who has recently taken control of Newcastle's youth team was given the chance after the Newcastle board rejected the interest of well known managers like Martin O'Neill and John Toshack as well as current assistant manager Colin Calderwood.

"I've dreamt of this moment for years, I didn't expect to go into management at this stage of my life but I will take any chance I get to prove I am worthy of this chance" -Aaron McDonald

Newcastle's new boss will face a difficult pre-season as the media will be on his back from the off with most believing he is not the man to keep Newcastle up or make them the great power they once were.

Although Newcastle chairmen Mike Ashley has hit out at the pessimistic press.

"I'm sure he (McDonald) will do a great job for us this season and in the future, he's got a bit of a budget and we will certainly encourage and support any deals he feels are necessery to keep us in this division"

I can tell your going to stick at this mate, so maybe look HERE to make this good start even better :)

Cheers mate, thats quite helpful

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

attachment.php

McDonald Holds First Press Conference

Aaron McDonald held his first official press conference today with many eyes keeping watch on the new Newcastle boss.

The conference in full is below.

McDonald: Hello and welcome to St.James' I will now accept any questions asked.

BBC Sport: Alot of people in the press recently have been criticising your appointment as Newcastle boss. How do you intend to react ?

McDonald: Well obviously with a win or two in the opening matches of the season. I feel that I got this job for a reason. If the board didn't think I was good enough they wouldn't have put me in charge so as long as their opinion of me is good then that's all I need.

Sky Sports News: Is this your dream job ?

McDonald: For me, any job in football is a dream one. I would be quite happy managing in the bottom divisons in England earning little money but its just worked out for me that i've been given a chance in the big time.

Four Four Two: You've become manager at a time when it appears as if Jonàs Gutierrez might be leaving the club. What's your view on this ?

McDonald: I will be doing my utmost to ensure Jonàs stays at this club, we will be more interested in bringing players into the club than letting them go.

Shoot: If that is the case, who are you looking at bringing in ?

McDonald: We've got several players on the books but I would prefer not to go into detail on that one.

McDonald: Thank you very much but I will be taking no more questions at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

McDonald: Cole Will Shine

Newcastle United have snapped up Carlton Cole from West Ham for a reported fee of £6 million today.

The Magpies were said to be on the lookout for a striker with Andy Carroll the only in-form front man the Toon possess at this time and manager McDonald sees Cole as a fantastic man to play with Carroll.

"He's proven himself to be a fine player in recent seasons and luckily this year we've been able to get him. He's a big man, like Andy(Carroll) and thats the type of players I think a club like Newcastle needs" said McDonald after announcing the signing.

In other Toon news, Peter Whittingham has also made the switch to black and white after passing his medical and completing a deal said to be worth around £2 million.

Pre Season Round Up in Full

Transfers

In:
Peter Whittingham - Cardiff City - £2.3 million
Carlton Cole - West Ham United - £6 million

Total: £8.3 million

Out:
Nile Ranger - Manchester City - £2.5 million

Friendlies

Newcastle United 4 - 0 Newcastle United Reserves
Ameobi (12, 35, 80), Kadar (2)

Genoa 1 - 2 Newcastle United
Chico (90) -- Lovenkrands (19, 33)

Bristol City 0 - 1 Newcastle United
Nolan (53)

August Fixtures

Newcastle United v. Aston Villa - Premier League (Featured Match)
Newcastle United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - Premier League
Wigan Athletic v. Newcastle United - Premier League
Brentford v. Newcastle United - League Cup 2nd Round
Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle United - Premier League

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

August

attachment.php

Cole Goal Has Magpies Singing Right Toon

Barclays Premier League

Newcastle United v. Aston Villa

St.James' Park

Team Line Ups

newcastle-crest.gif

Newcastle United

GK Steve Harper
DR Steven Taylor
DL Jose Enrique
DC Fabricio Coloccini
DC Mike Williamson
MC Kevin Nolan (C)
MC Hatem Ben Arfa
AMR Ryan Taylor
AML Peter Whittingham
ST Carlton Cole
ST Andy Carroll

aston-villa-crest.gif

Aston Villa

GK Brad Friedel
DR Habib Beye
DL Stephen Warnock
DC Richard Dunne
DC Curtis Davies
MR Ashley Young
ML Stewart Downing
MC Stephen Ireland
MC Stilian Petrov (C)
ST Gabby Agbonlahor
ST John Carew

Match Report

Newcastle won a hard fought battle on a fine summer's day at St. James Park.

Newcastle were given a major boost after six minutes when a speculative Peter Whittingham effort cannoned off the leg of Richard Dunne and squirmed past helpless 'keeper Brad Friedel.

Newcastle continued to push on but were soon pressed back by the top four contenders and after a bit of contreversy when Luke Young's appeals for a penalty were waved off by referee Mike Jones, Villa finally equalised through a towering Curtis Davies header just minutes from the break.

Both sides looked likely to score again but the defensive performances of Coloccini and Williamson proved the difference as they held firm to deny Aston Villa a second equaliser after Newcastle new-boy Carlton Cole pounced on a parry from Friedel after a Ben Arfa pile driver was blocked by the American

The Magpies sturdy defence was tested thouroughly and was relieved to hear the final whistle.

Final Score

Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa
(Peter Whittingham 6, Carlton Cole 70)
(Curtis Davies 43)

----------------------------

Newcastle United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers
St. James' Park
Barclays Premier League

Line Up: Harper, R. Taylor, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Nolan, Smith, Ben Arfa, Whittingham, Cole, Carroll
Subs: Krul, Simpson, Campbell, Gosling, Barton, Ameobi, Perch
Result: Newcastle 0 - 0 Wolves
Scorers: -

------------------------------

Wigan Athletic v. Newcastle United
DW Stadium
Barclays Premier League

Line Up: Harper, R.Taylor, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Barton, Nolan, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez, Ameobi, Carroll
Subs: Krul, Simpson, S.Campbell, Cole, Smith, Whittingham, Gosling
Result: Wigan 0 - 2 Newcastle
Scorers: (Carroll 30, Gutierrez 86)

-----------------------------------

Brentford v. Newcastle United
Griffin Park
League Cup 2nd Round

Line Up: Krul, Simpson, Kàdar, Campbell, S.Taylor, Guthrie, Tiotè, Pancrate, Lovenkrands, Ameobi, Best
Subs: Harper, Coloccini, Williamson, Nolan, Smith, Cole, Carroll.
Result: Brentford 0 - 2 Newcastle
Scorers: (Lovenkrands 3, Szczesny O.G 32)

---------------------------

League Cup Third Round Draw

Newcastle United v. Sheffield United

----------------------------

Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle United
White Hart Lane
Barclays Premier League

Line Up: Harper, S.Taylor, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, Smith, Nolan, Gutierrez, Routledge, Carroll, Cole
Subs: Krul, R.Taylor, Tozer, Whittingham, Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Ameobi
Result: Tottenham 4 - 2 Newcastle
Scorers: (Defoe 45, Crouch 52, Palacios 62,69) (Gomes O.G 3, Cole 57)

August Report

Competitions

Premier League: 8th (7 points)
League Cup: 3rd Round (v. Sheff. United)
F.A Cup: Not Entered​

Player Stats

Top Scorer: Carlton Cole (2)
Most Assists: Jose Enrique (2)
Man Of The Match: Three Players (1)
Average Rating: Hatem Ben Arfa (7.40)

Managers Player Of The Month

Carlton Cole

Spain+v+England+International+Friendly+usgjHjkPbXgl.jpg

The big frontman proved his worth for the club with two good goals one of which a vital winner on the opening day against Villa.

September Fixtures

Birmingham v. Newcastle - Premier League
Newcastle v. Blackburn - Premier League
Man United v. Newcastle - Premier League (Featured Match)
Newcastle v. Sheffield United - League Cup 3rd Rnd.
Newcastle v. Liverpool - Premier League