FM2014

Reaction score
View attachment 352148View attachment 352160

F.C. United of Manchester is an English semi-professional football club based in Bury, Greater Manchester that plays in the Northern Premier League Premier Division. It was formed in 2005 by Manchester United supporters opposed to American businessman Malcolm Glazer's controversial takeover of the club. The supporters own the club and vote on how the club is run.

The club entered the North West Counties Football League Division Two in 2005, winning the league in their inaugural season. In their second season, they were crowned champions of North West Counties Football League Division One and were promoted to the Northern Premier League. The 2007–08 season saw them finish second in the Northern Premier League Division One North and gain promotion through the end of season play-offs. Since then they have played in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, reaching the play-off final in 2010–11. The club also reached the Second Round Proper of the FA Cup in the 2010–11 season. F.C. United has played at Gigg Lane since its formation in a ground-share with Bury. However, the club has applied for planning permission to build its own ground in north Manchester.​

View attachment 352163

View attachment 352164

Rhodri Giggs (born April 2nd, 1977) is a Welsh right-sided midfielder who currently plays for Curzon Ashton. He was a trainee with Torquay, but left midway through his traineeship. He is the brother of Manchester United and Wales winger Ryan Giggs.

Giggs was born in Cardiff, but attended Grosvenor Road Primary School and Moorside High in Swinton, Greater Manchester, after his family had moved there. He played football for Salford Boys before joining Torquay as a trainee, going under the name Rhodri Jones to avoid comparisons with his famous older brother. His time as a trainee was not a happy one and he left halfway through his traineeship and temporarily quit football.

He attempted to resurrect his footballing career - three years later at the age of 19, heading north and having trials with Scottish side Hearts, eventually ending up playing with Livingston for six months, but never in their first team.

He worked as an estate agent, but in October 1997, was arrested after being accused of supplying cocaine to the undercover journalist Mazher Mahmood, better known as the News of the World's 'fake sheik'. He lost his job, but was later found not guilty after the prosecution said that it could not rely on taped conversations between him and the journalist.

He eventually returned to football, joining North West Counties League Division One side Salford City. He moved on to Welsh side Bangor City in October 2000,[3] but in August 2001 was jailed for nine months for attacking a man outside a nightclub in Manchester.

On his release he joined Aberystwyth Town in January 2002, playing four league games before returning to Salford City in February 2002.

In July 2003, he left Salford to join Kidsgrove Athletic, moving to Bacup Borough in October 2003. In January 2004, he was the victim of a car-jacking in Manchester, his Porsche being stolen and driven to Blackburn after Giggs had been assaulted.​

View attachment 352128
FC United have appointed former player Rhodri Giggs as their new Manager after Karl Marginson stepped down after guiding FC United to the Blue Square Bet North Division after being in charge for a total of 2915 days.

FC United Chairman Ashley Morgan believes Rhodri Giggs to be a central figure at FC United and there was never any doubt who was going to take over after Karl Marginson stepped down after a brilliant spell with the Red Rebels.

View attachment 352133
At a packed Press Conference at FC United's rented Gigg Lane Stadium, Rhodri Giggs was quick to announce his intentions at FC United of Manchester.

bsq-north-top.gif

View attachment 352140

Press -
Welcome Rhodri Giggs, you must be absolutely delighted to have been offered the position to manage FC United of Manchester especially after the huge link you have with the club?

Giggs -
Yes, I am delighted to be here and I want to thank the fans for showing their support for me.

Press -
Can you shine any light on how you will be conducting your managerial career?

Giggs
-
Well first of all I will need to see what there is to work with here at Gigg Lane and I want all the players at the club to know I will be accessing them on a constant basis.

Press -
Will there be any transfer dealings from your side in the opening months of the 2013/14 season?

Giggs -
I can't really say at the present time, but I am sure you will be the first to find out if there are any dealings from our side.

Press -
What are your targets for FC United?

Giggs -
Well the first target is to set up a stability here at FC United, but my long term goal is to climb the leagues and see how far we can go.

bsq-north-top.gif

View attachment 352172

View attachment 352173