Great season last season and some great transfer dealings for the upcoming season, good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement! I anticipate sharing with you a very exciting new season of West Brom football coming up! :)

View attachment 287225Summer Transfer Wrapup - West Brom

All told, by the close of the September 1st transfer deadline, I had aquired an astonishing 24 new players to add to West Brom's talent pool. About half were acquisitions for the future, some would be loaned out, others would be developed on the reserve squad. However I expected at least 10 of these new players to make significant contributions to the side this season.

My 5 key new players to watch for the upcoming season include:
ST Simone Zaza, ST Jordan Ayew, GK Onur Kivrak, CD Tomas Kalas, and CM Roberto Pereyra.

View attachment 287227

27 year old Turkish keeper Kivrak presents a signifcant upgrade between the sticks. My plan is for my side to concede fewer goals as we make an assault on a top 6 position this season. Hopefully he helps the cause. Onur's main challenge is he doesn't speak English, so communication may be an issue until he fully settles in, but athletically he has all the tools necessary for the position.

View attachment 287226

Landing Ex-Juventus star Roberto Pereyra gives West Brom a welcome boost to our midfield! The 24 year old Argentinian adds both creativity and skill to our side. A quality that we lacked at times last season. The best part is that he was a free acquistion, but he should play a large role in creating more scoring chances for the Baggies.

On the other side of the ledger, 23 players would depart West Brom, 4 of them on loan.

Last edited:
A New Era: West Brom Season 2

After integrating the new additions to the squad, I announced changes to the on-field leadership.

Stalwart midfielder Scott Brown would take over as the new Captain of West Brom.

View attachment 280735

and imposing Swedish Defender Jonas Olsson would serve as Vice-Captain.

View attachment 280734

I made it clear to the men in our lockerroom the goals for the new season.

Boss Smoke: "Listen up men. We stayed up in the Premiership and that's great. But I have loftier ambitions in mind for you than just staying up. This season we are aiming to qualify for European competition. There are two ways to achieve that goal, one is to win a Cup, and the other is to finish in the Top 6. Whatever way we get in, let's just get it done. Last season was a fight for survival, this season is a fight for pride!"

Scott Brown: "You heard 'im lads. We ain't just aiming to knock on the doorstep of Europe, we gonna knock those doors down! Now on three let me hear you..."

Team: Win! Win!! Win!!!

==============================

The Preseason I used as tuneups while checking out different lineup combinations. It quickly became clear to me who would be our key players on the field. Simone Zaza in particular impressed. I had a feeling our offense was about to see a significant boost thanks to the addition of the confident Italian. We extended Richiedly Bazoer's loan as he seemed to have a keen affinity to our club. And Roberto Pereyra had an air of being in complete control in the midfield. Now if only our defense could come together, the pieces were in place to make a run...

The first game of the season started away at Brittania stadium. Stoke drew first blood in just the 10th minutes thanks to Austrian winger Arnautovic goal off an uncontrolled rebound. Undaunted, our side responded after Vadillo set up Simone Zaza who beat the keeper with a powerful strike up front. Next, ex-Liverpool forward Fabio Borini would find Graham Dorrans with a precise cross for the go ahead goal. Our hopes of pulling out the road win were dashed when Stoke defender Martin Olsson scored in the 79th minute. We would have to settle for a draw.

Our mettle was to be tested in just the second game of our young season. Perennial powerhouse Manchester City at the Hawthorns.

View attachment 280733

Boss Smoke: Do you know what the oddsmakers think of our chances? Well, as a matter of fact they are looking down on us. Yes, the Citizens are lining up Aguero, Silva, Strootman, Kompany, and Hart. But guess what, they are in OUR HOUSE. We can't be in awe of them men, we gotta line up out there and ****** their lips, and take what is OURS. Because we are the warriors. Make them know, they can not come into our HOME, and do as they please!

Scott Brown: Knock em on their keisters, kick dirt in their eye, and have at em! We ain't scared, and we ain't backing down. Let's take em down a peg. West Brom football! This is OUR HOUSE and this is OUR TIME! On three...

Team: Our House!!

Our plan was bold, and unlikely. We attacked right out of the gates, pressing hard up the field, and aiming to score. If Pellegrini had expected us to park the bus, he would be sorely disappointed. Our aggression paid off in the 19th minute as Graham Dorrans found Ajax loanee Richiedly Bazoer who boomed home the first goal of the game from 25 yards out. Man City struggled to adjust to our attacking style. Bazoer then found streaking striker Jordan Ayew with precision passing, and the frenchman beat Hart to the near left post for our second goal of the game and his 1st career goal as a member of West Brom.

Bazoer continued his brilliant play when he found Scott Brown left unmarked at the top of the key. Brown shocked Manchester United with the extra time goal as we took a commanding 3-0 lead in the 46th minute to close out the first half. Ayew was dragged down by desperate Man City defender Dante before he could take an open shot against Hart. A yellow flag was awarded by the refs and on the subsequent penalty kick, Brown would cap off the scoring with his 2nd goal of the game in the 54th minute. The shell-shocked Manchester City side was unable to mount a comeback as we enjoyed a sweet and unpredicted 4-0 victory over the former 2014 Premier League champions.

Boss Smoke: "A well deserved win, men! This is what we are capable of, when we play as one! Keep up the good work. The papers will have something to talk about tomorrow, for sure!"

We would continue our homestand against West Ham. And home cooking apparently agreed with us. Italian thoroughbred, Simone Zaza, nearly single-handedly dismantled the Hammers' defense as he scored a marvelous hat-trick. West Ham's sole consolation a lone goal in the 54th minute by defender Tomkins off an opportunity created by a free kick set piece as we triumphed 3-1 at home.

Next we took on Tottenham at White Hart Lane. We could not overcome a tour de force performance by Andriy Yarmalenko as he scored all three goals for the Spurs in their 3-2 win over us.

We returned home to the Hawthorns seeking a win over Liverpool. However we went down by two goals early in the first half as Joe Allen and Mario Gomez each tallied. After making a couple of choice substitutions, Jordan Ayew scored in the 77th minute and Simone Zaza equalized in the 86th. Despite our 2nd half momentum, we settled for the draw and had to count ourselves lucky after staring at a 2 goal deficit.

Next we sought a road victory against lower table Queens Park Rangers. Simone Zaza opened the scoring in the 17th minute with a top shelf blast that the keeper was unable to touch. But a 55th minute letdown by the defense saw Rickie Lambert scoring the equalizer off a well timed second chance rebound strike. We would walk away with a 1-1 draw to open the month of October although we had hopes for more.

Returning home against New Castle was like a breath of fresh air. The Baggies crowd support buoyed our side as Scott Brown bagged a goal in the opening minute, much to their delight! The David Moyes managed side would respond in the 15th minute thanks to Ayoze's goal which came off the youthful Bazoer's untimely turnover. Berahino made a French connection with Jordan Ayew for the go ahead goal in the 28th minute as the ball scorched the ground on its way to the back of the net. Wingback Ibrahim Mbaye would seal the 3-1 victory in the 64th minute thanks in part to Bazoer's impeccable through ball.

Hull hosted us at the Circle in the pouring rain. They jumped to a 3-0 lead in the first half on the strength of a 2nd minute goal by Abel Hernandez followed by Tom Huddlestone's brace. We fought back but for naught as Vadillo and Berahino scored late goals as we still fell to the Tigers 3-2.

In Capital One Cup action, we opened against Cardiff. Thanks to England U21 star, Saido Berahino, we triumphed easily as he put the Bluebirds defense to the sword. They had no answer for Berahino's explosive finishing and penalty kick prowess as he pulled a hattrick in our comfortable 3-0 home victory.

We closed out October by facing West Ham in the next round of the Capital One Cup. Former Baggie, James Morrison faced off against us in a day he would probably sooner forget. We handed out a drubbing of HISTORIC proprotions to the Hammers as keeper Sam Johnstone conceded a Capital 1 Cup record 9 goals. Our midfielders scored 5 goals as loanee Cristoforo tallied twice, loanee Richedly Bazoer added a brace, and newly acquired Roberto Pereryra added on to the torrent of offense.

Berahino and Nielsen scored a goal apiece, and new addition Fabio Borini added a brace. Baggies fans celebrated joyously all evening long as the offensive fireworks went off continously throughout the match. A lone goal by Hammer's winger Joaquin ensured that this match would go down in the record books as a 9-1 double digit goal derby. Needless to say, I was pleased by my men's effort.

Boss Smoke: Today you've made history. This is the largest victory in modern Baggies history, as well as the highest scoring game in Capital One Cup history! We've served notice to the football world, West Brom is the team to watch. If we keep playing like this, we will surely earn our ticket into the European playoffs!

West Brom Fixtures:

Last edited:
View attachment 280722

The month of September reveals a bright new star entering the Premier League.
Simone Zaza, formerly of Italian Serie A Club Sassuolo, has made an immediate impact with his new club, West Brom.
The 24 year old Italian striker impressed by scoring an astounding 5 goals in 3 appearances, duly earning English Premier League Player of the month Award for September.
It looks like Boss Smoke has done a brilliant piece of business by reeling in Zaza over the summer transfer window.

The bearded one is known for his explosive finishing. And he certainly has not disappointed in that department ever since landing on British soil. He is fast becoming a fan favorite for Baggies nation.

Skills and Goals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1DLkbtW_jM

Boss Smoke: Simone is single-minded in his approach to the game. He wants to win every single one on one encounter and it shows. He has been even better than advertised by our scouts and more than I could have expected. Zaza has proven on the pitch that he is one of the top Strikers in the league today. And his award this month is richly deserved.

View attachment 280205
English Premier Division Young Player of the Month of October Winner: Ibrahima Mbaye.
The 21 year old fullback from Senegal has made an early impact with current club West Brom.
Even though he was brought in originally as a backup option, Mbaye has shown immediate promise with the side.
He has beaten out the likes of Ross Barkley and Jordan Obita for top honors this month.

Reporter: Has it been a challenge for Mbaye to adjust to the English game considering he doesn't speak the language?
Boss Smoke: Fortunately football is a universal language and Mbaye has shown to be very adaptable. Our assistant coach, Josep Segura speaks basic french. In addition we have fellow french speakers in Foulquier and Jordan Ayew with the club. On top of that Mbaye also speaks Italian, and we have Borini and Zaza here as well.
Reporter: Were you surprised that he was recognized so soon for honors?
Boss Smoke: It is early days, but to be honest our scouts felt that he could turn ino a meaningful contributor or we wouldn't have brought him in.
Reporter: What do you like most about Mbaye's game currently?
Boss Smoke: He is a versatile player who can line up in a lot of different spots defensively. This gives us roster flexibility. Also he has been very humble and coachable thus far. If Mbaye continues to progress, I can see more good things in his future here at West Brom.

View attachment 280204
End of October
State of the Club Address

Boss Smoke: Thank you, I want to take today to report on the state of the club and the direction that we are taking. As of this date, we stand in 8th place in the Premier Division. I assure you that I am not content with these results. I have promised the board, and I have challenged the players to secure a berth in the European playoffs this season. That will take at least a top 6 finish or a Cup victory to accomplish.

The good news is that the season is young, and we are less than 3 points away from 5th place Arsenal. So we are definitely within shouting distance. I challenge the leaders on this team, and I challenge each of our players to step up and take us to the top. I may provide the strategems and the opportunity but in the end this is a players game.

The one great piece of news is that we are building off great momentum in the Capital 1 Cup. Our historic 9-1 victory over West Ham shows exactly the aggressive type of football we are capable of playing. This competition win is a huge confidence builder for us.

In the league we also defeated Manchester City at home early on. That gives us a huge boost in confidence that we can play with anyone if we are at the top of our game! Each game is like a building block in this young season. And we aim to build off a solid foundation in order to climb to our ultimate destination. We are not a finished product yet. But we will get where we are going. I ask the board and the fans for their continued support. I assure you that you will be richly rewarded for your patience. I believe in our team and so should you!

Last edited: