richy25

Reaction score
manchester-united-badge1.png

Hello everyone, as a big utd fan i thought i'd have a go at doin there tactic and this is what i come up with

DEFENCE

This formation?s back-line is similar to the back-line of many other formations that use a flat back 4. It consists of 2 center-backs, who sit deep and are completely devoted to defense with no real attacking assignments. The center-backs need great stamina, the ability to organize the defensive line, and great defensive skills. There are 2 fullbacks, one on each side of the center-backs, and they are responsible for defending the area wide of the center-backs. But, unlike the center-backs, they also have attacking tasks. When the team has prolonged periods of possession, the fullbacks are tasked with getting forward to support the wingers, helping to control possession and move the ball laterally, while also making overlapping runs past the wingers to overload the opposing defense.

MIDFIELD

The midfield is anchored by 2 box-to-box (B2B) midfielders in the middle, whose jobs range from shielding and defending in front of the center-back pairing to getting forward on the attack to provide late runs into the penalty area. Their responsibilities are split 50/50 between attacking and defending. Most teams that use the 4-4-2 have matched a good passing central midfielder with a more physical ball-winning central midfielder. The tackler is responsible for winning the ball back and having more of a defensive focus while the passing central midfielder takes more responsibility for contributing to the offensive build-up. However, unlike other formations, both of these central midfielders are responsible for putting in good effort and work on both sides of the ball. The central midfielders need to have tactical intelligence, to help organize the teams attacking phase. They need to be strong and confident with the ball, able to make short passes to move the ball laterally to the wingers and ahead to the two strikers. They must also be defensively proficient, able to deal with strong midfielders and not afraid to put in a strong tackle to break up a building attack. They also need to be positionally proficient, which tends to lead to a high number of interceptions. The central midfielders are also often responsible for organize the defensive pressing. On each side of the center midfielders are 2 traditional wingers, both of whom have the offensive objectives of providing attacking width and accurate crosses into the box. They get forward down the touchline to run at the oppositions fullbacks, meaning they must have good pace, acceleration, decent dribbling ability and the confidence to run at the fullbacks. They should also have good crossing ability, able to put in strong and accurate crosses into the box from near the byline, for the 2 forwards to attack. Defensively, their job is to quickly track back and assist the fullbacks in dealing with the opponent?s wingers; they also are responsible for keeping an eye on the opponent?s fullbacks when they try to get forward.

FORWARDS

The 2 strikers are responsible for converting the team?s possession into goals. Often, one of the strikers needs to be a good header of the ball who can get on the end of the crosses that the wingers will put into the box. Additionally, one of them needs to be good with the ball at his feet, able to create spaces and a decent shooter from distance. On defense, the 2 strikers need to pressure the opposition?s defensive line when they have the ball. The strikers need to ensure that the opponent?s center-backs don?t have too much time on the ball, preventing any dangerous passes from the opponent?s back line.

MANCHESTER UNITED CHARACTERISTICS

STRENGHTS
Coming back from losing positions
Attacking down the wings
Creating chances using through balls
Shooting from direct free kicks
Finishing scoring chances
Protecting the lead

WEAKNESSES

Avoiding offside
MANCHESTER UNITED STYLE

Attacking down the right
Control the game in the opposition's half
Attempt crosses often
Play with width
Opponents play aggressively against them
Rotate their first eleven
Aggressive

Please note i know they have been playing 4-2-3-1 this season and that will be my next project.
Pics below of my current save with utd

Regards Richy25

You have only really been tested once (Chelsea) in those couple of games. Have you done more extensive testing?

You may well play whole season...

I think honestly, you may test it with a middle ranked and lower ranked team....then a tactic thread will be more convincing and popular