SaintMotbot

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

Last year on FM15 I had a reasonable bit of success with my Rickie Lambert story and really enjoyed writing it. When it finally finished I promised that Rickie would be returning this year and I am about to make good on that promise! I have played a **** of a lot of FM this year, and played all of my favourite teams to death so I decided to let the footballing gods decide and start a SAF Challenge! I'm sure most of you are fully aware of what this is, but for those who aren't here is the basic premise.​

Challenge requirements

Holiday until November 6th - Ferguson took over Man United on Novermber 6th 1986

Take over the team 2nd bottom in the Premiership - United were 2nd bottom when Fergie took over

Stay at this one club - Ferguson stayed at United until 2013

Aim to bring youth players through - Ferguson often focused on bringing youth through, notably in 1995 with the likes of Giggs, Beckham, Neville, Scholes, **** to name but a few, aka Fergie's Fledglings.

Persuade long term players to become part of your backroom staff and/or managers - Scholes, Solskjaer, Bruce, Keane, Berg, Ince, Robson, Hughes, Strachan, Blanc, Robins etc

Goals
Win a domestic cup within 4 seasons - Ferguson won his first cup vs Crystal Palace in 89/90
Win a league title within 7 seasons - Ferguson won his first title in 92/93
Win a league and cup double within 8 seasons - Ferguson wonhis first double with United in 93-94
Win a league, cup and Champions League within 13 seasons- Ferguson won the infamous treble in 98/99

I hope you all enjoy and follow!

Last edited:
View attachment 1050202
View attachment 1050204

View attachment 153044
Natalie Sawyer -
"The breaking news this hour is that West Brom striker Rickie Lambert has failed in his bid to return from a serious thigh injury and has in the last few moments announced his retirement from the professional game. This news has come as a bitter blow to the Liverpool born striker who found fame playing for Southampton, becoming somewhat of a cult hero down on the South Coast. We are expecting a statement from Lambert shortly which should address his future plans. We have already heard from West Brom boss Tony Pulis who had this to say..."

View attachment 153043
Tony Pulis - "Its such a shame, Rickie is a tremendous lad and will be sorely missed by everybody here at the club. The thing that made him stand out and the reason I wanted him here at the club was his intelligence on the ball. He was so good at reading the play and could see things happening and evolving around him before anybody else which made him such a threat in the final third. To be honest I think it is that intelligence that could see him quite easily make the transition into management. Everybody here at West Brom wishes him all the best for the future and we thank him for his service."

Official Statement

View attachment 153042
Following the recent reports and rumours in the media, I have decided to release an official statement to finally put the matter to rest and to get all the facts out in the open. Last month I suffered a muscle tear in my left thigh during training and it is with great regret that I can confirm I will be unable to return to playing professional football.

I would like to take this moment to thank everybody at West Brom Football Club for their support during this tough time. The dedicated medical staff did absolutely everything in their power and gave me every chance of making a comeback but unfortunately it just wasn't to be.

I have never been one to wallow in self pity and am already looking at opportunities for the future. I am very hopeful that my immediate future is within the game of football and am already looking at coaching licenses.

Finally I would like to thank all my friends, family and supporters for their caring and understanding, you will never know how much your ongoing support means to me.

Yours Faithfully

Rickie Lambert.

6th November 2015.

Lambert spotted at White Hart Lane

View attachment 152997
Rickie Lambert has today been spotted entering White Hart Lane following the sacking of Spurs head coach Mauricio Pochetino on Monday following Tottenham's dismal start to the season. Tottenham find themselves in 19th position in the Premier League with just two wins from their first eleven games. Rumours have been rife as to who would take the Spurs hot seat but betting has now been suspended by all the major companies following Lamberts appearance at the stadium.

Lambert, 33, was forced to retire at the beginning of the season after a thigh injury and would surely be a huge gamble for Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy to take given that Lambert has no previous experience in management.

View attachment 152995

View attachment 1050273

Lambert appointed Tottenham Boss

View attachment 152991
Rickie Lambert has today been appointed as Tottenham's new manager on a three year contract following the departure of Mauricio Pochettino from the role last week. Lambert, 33, who was forced to retire from the professional game at the beginning of the season, expressed his delight at being trusted for the role.

"It's a wonderful feeling to be unveiled here today, and I would like to offer a massive thank you to Daniel Levy for entrusting me with this position. The boys are a bit low at the moment and some heads have dropped but I am confident we can work our way out of this."

Tottenham have been in appalling form this season and find themselves in 19th place in the league, but Lambert remains hopeful that they can still salvage something from this season.

"There is still everything to play for this year, we are in the quarter finals of the League Cup, we have the FA Cup coming up, we are top of our Europa League group and at the end of the day we are only 9 points off of Leicester in 5th. We have the ability in the squad to turn our fortunes around, now we need to make it a reality."

Brilliant that you got Tottenham! Was expecting Norwich

View attachment 152912
So the first day on the job and my first step into football management. I arrived early the next morning at Tottenham's state of the art Enfield Training Centre having requested a meeting with the entire squad, youth team and all.

View attachment 152911
If I was being completely honest I felt that sacking Pochettino was a little bit harsh, with Spurs being top of their Europa League group, in the quarter finals of the League Cup and only a couple of good results away from the Europa League placings in the Premier League but I suppose the sight of us in the relegation zone spooked the powers that be.

View attachment 152909
As for the squad, things were looking really good. Pochettino made two additions in the summer, signing Gabriel Barbosa (Get in!!!) and Quincy Promes to strengthen our attacking options. At the same time we resisted selling players as well so the squad looked in really good shape.

View attachment 152908
As for the key players, I'm sure that most of you can guess the names that will be forming the spine of my side but just in case you dont I will give you a quick summary.

View attachment 152906
Hugo Lloris - One of the very best goalkeepers in the world, it will take a massive bid to pry him away from this side. He exudes confidence and takes a huge amount of pressure off of the defence in front of him.

Toby Alderweireld -
An extremely classy player and one of the first names on the team sheet. Calm in possession and wonderful in the tackle, Toby is a key part of our plans.

Dele Alli - Englands next great hope? Dele has the flexibility and intelligence to boss the midfield for years to come, a real star in the making.

Christian Eriksen - The Dane can be a bit hit and miss at times but there is no doubt the talent is there. Capable of scoring and assisting with ease I will be looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Harry Kane -
Englands best striker. I can probably get away with saying that? Harry really is the complete forward with his height, pace and finishing ability, we are truly lucky to have him.

So just what has gone wrong so far this season under Pochettino? Well the answer to that is... nothing much really.

View attachment 152905
Yes the start to the season was appalling, losing to Bournemouth, Stoke and Leicester, but one defeat in the last 9 games shows that a corner was being turned, we just have to look to continue that arc.

View attachment 152904
It looks like Kane, Eriksen and Alderweireld have already gotten to work, time for me to do the same!

View attachment 152888
Premier League
Tottenham Vs Southampton
8th November, 2015.

View attachment 152886
View attachment 152885
View attachment 152884
By some strange quirk of fate, our first game was against my old club Southampton, who still hold a very special place in my heart, but now was not the time for nostalgia, we had a game to win. Eric Dier and Toby Alderweireld were not fit to start following our Europa game a few days previous, so Dembele and Wimmer came into the side. We started very poorly and it was obvious our confidence was almost shot. Matters weren't helped when Jan Vertonghen put the ball into his own net early on to surrender the lead but from then on, Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela ran the whole show. Harry Kane scored a beauty of an effort in the first half, before a wonderful back heel put Lamela through for us to take the lead. Eriksen then put Lamela through again to make it comfortable. A fantastic start!

View attachment 152883

Great first result mate, looking forward to reading more of this as a Spurs fan!

How lucky to get Spurs! Such an awesome team and you will no doubt do very, very well with them :)

So how Tottenham are so bad any ideas? Even I can't do that and I normally can get good tactic for teams... Tottenham are only team where I enjoy playinng and getting tactics right at the moment xD