Last edited:
View attachment 1080585

September Review

Results

View attachment 125425
A really good month for us! unbeaten in the league and with four clean sheets in a row, we are storming up the table. Grealish, Adomah and Ayew are proving to be a lethal front three and are only going better the more games we play.

Table

View attachment 125424
If somebody had offered me a place in the playoffs after the first 10 games of the seasons I would have snatched their hand off, especially after the start we made. It's now time to be looking up the table, I think it should be a reasonable expectation to try and stay with Newcastle and Norwich and fight for the automatic promotion spots.

Next Months Fixtures

View attachment 125423
A HUGE month for us with back to back games against Newcastle and Norwich which have the potential to shape our entire season.

Player of the Month

View attachment 125422
Albert Adomah has been phenomenal this month. His pace and skill on the ball is a nightmare for defenders and he has 7 assists so far this season from just 10 games. Long may his form continue.

View attachment 1080601
View attachment 125410
Another massive blow for us, as Westwood joins Tettey on the sidelines, meaning both of our first choice central midfielders are going to be out for the next couple of months. It had to happen before our games against Newcastle and Norwich too!

View attachment 125409

Newcastle Vs Aston Villa
17th October, 2015.

View attachment 125408
View attachment 125407
View attachment 125406
What a day and what a result!! you could feel the tension in the match at kick off and for the first half we got absolutely battered, but some stubborn defence and some blistering counter attacking pace claimed us some more vital points and narrowed the gap to the top! Jack Grealish was stunning once again, getting on the end of crosses from deep for both of his goals, but also a massive shout-out to Ruben Loftus-Cheek who filled Westwoods boots beautifully!

View attachment 125405

View attachment 125404
Aston Villa Vs Norwich
20th October, 2015.

View attachment 125403
View attachment 125402
View attachment 125401
Another one bites the dust! It was our turn to do the battering today as we swarmed all over Norwich and absolutely thumped them. Grealish and Ayew again ran the show and Micah Richards even chipped in with a goal and an assist. Even better is Newcastle only drew so we move into the automatic promotion places, only three points behind leaders Newcastle.

View attachment 125400

View attachment 1080648

Lambert signs new Aston Villa deal

View attachment 125366
Rickie Lambert has today penned a two year contract extension with Championship side Aston Villa which will see him remain as manager until at least 2018. Lambert, 33, has enjoyed a good start at Villa Park and currently finds his side occupying the automatic promotion places in their attempt to make an instant return to the Premier League.

"To sign a new contract here was an absolute no brainer" Lambert told BBC Sport. "The owner put his faith in me in giving me the job, now its time for me to put my faith in him and help him realise his goal of securing this great clubs short and long term future."

Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia expressed his delight at the contract extension being signed. "Rickie has immediately made a massive impact at this football club, helping the squad to bond and play a brand of football that is uniting the club and its fans once more. To have him commit to staying here is fantastic for all involved."

View attachment 125365

View attachment 125364

Aston Villa Vs Birmingham
31st October, 2015.

View attachment 125363
View attachment 125362
View attachment 125361
We have to settle for a point in the Birmingham derby. Once again we found ourselves up against a side that set themselves up very negatively and once again we really struggled to break them down. Arguably we should have won the game after Adomah had a goal ruled out for offside when he looked like he was on, but there is no point in crying over spilt milk. While Newcastle havent played yet, we temporarily at least go top of the league!

View attachment 125360

View attachment 1080655
October Review

Results

View attachment 125359
A fantastic unbeaten month as we pick up massive wins against Newcastle and Norwich. The team are playing with some real confidence and freedom which has seen us shoot right up the table.

Table

View attachment 125358
Top of the league after Newcastle lost their game in hand but it is still incredibly tight up front with everything to play for, we are definitely going to need to guard against complacency if we are going to maintain this.

Next Months Fixtures

View attachment 125357
On paper it seems like a fairly simple month for us, in reality? the pressure is going to start mounting now we are top of the pile and as we have seen, anybody can beat anybody else in the championship.

Player of the Month

View attachment 125356
Jordan Ayew has scored in our last four games running and currently sits second in the leagues scoring charts with 12 goals to his name. I mentioned at the beginning of the season that we were going to need a consistent striker to bang in the goals, and this lad has stepped up to the plate. Such is his form, he has McCormack, Agbonlahor, Gestede and Kodjia all complaining about lack of football, and all understanding that I just cant drop the guy!

View attachment 125307

Barnsley Vs Aston Villa
21st November, 2015.

View attachment 125306
View attachment 125305
View attachment 125304
Thats much more like it. The squad showed a superb spirit to come back from the previous defeat and put in such a good performance. Once again the key men stepped up with Ayew and Grealish finding the back of the net, but also a massive well done to Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Aaron Tshibola who played superbly as a central midfield partnership.

View attachment 125303

View attachment 1080716
View attachment 125302
Fantastic news to have this lad back and raring to go. Its going to be important to ease him back into football and not just throw him straight back in. Unless anything drastic happens its going to be Loftus-Cheek and Tshibola starting our next fixture against Reading.

View attachment 1080723

November Review

Results

View attachment 125296
A really poor month, capped off Jedinaks suspension and James' injury. We have lost ground in the promotion race but it is far from serious yet, we cant afford to have too many of these rubbish months though.

Table

View attachment 125290
Newcastle going superbly at the top and living up to their billing as pre-season favourites. Reading are perhaps the surprise package at the top in what is an extremely close bunch. We remain just the one win away from the automatic promotion places.

Next months fixtures

View attachment 125289
Brighton, Ipswich and Rotherham are all in the relegation scrap while Cardiff and Wigan sit in mid table. I am laying down the challenge to the squad and expect 5 wins minimum over what is a hectic Christmas period.

Player of the month

View attachment 125288
This month im going to give the award to Loftus-Cheek. Ruben has stepped in to the midfield at a time of injury crisis and has consistently delivered a string of good performances. I am sure this lad has a massive future, and money permitting, when we get back to the Premier League I will make every effort to sign him on a permanent deal.