Riddles anyone :) ?

I have two pieces of rope, each of equal length. I also have a lighter. The only known property about the rope is that, when lit at the end they take exactly 1 hour to burn to the other end. I need to measure exactly 45 minutes. How can i do this???

Last edited:
I have two pieces of rope, each of equal length. I also have a lighter. The only known property about the rope is that they take exactly 1 hour to burn. I need to measure exactly 45 minutes. How can i do this???

burn off 3/4 of the first rope and use the second to judge by.

I have two pieces of rope, each of equal length. I also have a lighter. The only known property about the rope is that they take exactly 1 hour to burn. I need to measure exactly 45 minutes. How can i do this???

Ahah, I've heard this one before, we had to work it out for some teambuilding **** on a school trip. Light the first rope at both ends, and at the same time light one end of rope 2. When rope 1 is fully burnt, then half an hour has passed. When rope 1 is fully burnt, rope 2 should be half burned. Then light the other end of rope 2, and when it is fully burnt then 45 minutes have passed.

Light rope 1 at one end then light the 2nd rope at both ends. When rope 2's 2 ends meet light rope 1 at the other end. Because it takes an hour to light a rope at one end 30 mins have passed meaning that there are 30 mins left on rope 1. When rope 1's ends meet 45 mins have passed.

What word begins with seven consonants and ends with nine?

Heard this years ago:

There's a time when I was green, a time when i was brown
But both of these times, cause me to frown
But just in between for a very short while
Theyre perfect and yellow and cause me to smile.

What am I?

Sadly, the answer is my teeth :(

Dont know that though really!!

Ummm, an easy one -

*What can go all around the world, but only in the corners?*