Ridiculous agent fee demands

appoxplayer

Sep 3, 2011
So, it's 2017 in my Madrid save and Marcelo wants out. Fine, I sell him for £25m giving me a total transfer budget of over £100m and wages over £200k. With this I decide to sign Alaba, the best LB in the game, to take Marcelo's place before Shaw is ready. Transfer talks are easy then I get to the contract talks and his agent want £12.5M! WTF? That's stupidly high and my board will only let me offer £7m at most meaning there's no way for me to get Alaba now because the agent doesn't want to enter discussions.

This is so stupid, I have a mega transfer budget but because of stupid AI agents I can't get the one player I need!

How do you get around this when the player isn't your own?

StevenM92

May 14, 2012
Put max loyalty bonus plus things like seasonal landmark goal bonus 2mill after 15 goals, hes never going to score that amount for a lb, and things like team of the year bonus etc.

appoxplayer

Sep 3, 2011
Put max loyalty bonus plus things like seasonal landmark goal bonus 2mill after 15 goals, hes never going to score that amount for a lb, and things like team of the year bonus etc.
This isn't the problem I have. The agent wanted £12.5m fee but I could only offer 7 max, so I put it at 7 and locked it in, offered the contract and now the agent won't even open discussions

dazmaz

Feb 20, 2010
Doing what he said lowers the agents fee.

How is Shaw not ready in the 2017 season? He should be able to do a job for you at LB and will develop more quickly

coolmcool

May 30, 2011
I will always offer the player more just so i can give the agent less if he wants a silly fee, i would rather pay the player and extra 10k a week than an agent £3Million, I know it might not even be logical but i just dont like giving the agents money