Ridiculous amount of tycoon takeovers!!

louiscfc

Reaction score
In my save there is far too many takeovers, there is at least one a fortnight. Why are there so many, is it a bug?!

In my save there is far too many takeovers, there is at least one a fortnight. Why are there so many, is it a bug?!

Really, are you sure. For how long has this been going on and how meany leagues do you have loaded ? 1 Year, meaning 26 Tycoon takeovers, 2 Years, meaning 52 Tycocons etc etc ?

Have 5 leagues loaded and am in 3rd season. My club (man utd) have been taken over, so have newcastle and fulham. Arsenal are also in talks. A host of Brazilian and Italian clubs have as well and many have failed. When I said one every fortnight I meant that there are talks with clubs not actually takeovers being completed. In past saves I have never had any!

Have 5 leagues loaded and am in 3rd season. My club (man utd) have been taken over, so have newcastle and fulham. Arsenal are also in talks. A host of Brazilian and Italian clubs have as well and many have failed. When I said one every fortnight I meant that there are talks with clubs not actually takeovers being completed. In past saves I have never had any!

Then I would say its about the same amount as in my saves. A couple of Clubs in each leagues( nation) loaded. I Would not say its a bug at all.

Yeah but in past saves (in fm2012 aswell) it was weird to see one every 2-3 seasons and in this one I am seeing one every couple of weeks which IRL is also unrealistic.

Yeah but in past saves (in fm2012 aswell) it was weird to see one every 2-3 seasons and in this one I am seeing one every couple of weeks which IRL is also unrealistic.

There is a difference between seing there being " talks" every fortnight though. If you should read a heafty amounts of mags, you would probably see that in real life to although I agre that yhour current save seem to contain more than the usual.

Ive only seen 1 so far on this years version (I have only had one save past 1 season though! lol) and that was a takeover for Everton. They got like £100M transfer budget! I sold them Thiago and Benzema (who I got both for free) for £98 Million lol.

In my Histon game which is 11 seasons in with 15 leagues loaded, used to get 5-6 a year most of which were clubs you'd expect (poor chairman relations/poor finances). Around the sixth season they pretty much stopped all together, might get two a year at most.

Top teams brought out are, PSG, AC Milan, Everton, Napoli as well as teams like Newcastle, Malaga, few league one and championship teams. Rest were all random teams from around the world.

Mines the same, I think nearly every bottom 10 club in serie a and b have a new owner. Udinese got a massive tycoon in!

Meh... I've never had a tycoon takeover in any of the FM games. Not even an AI team was taking over. Usually just consortiums and local business men.