Ridiculous 'Lacking First Team Football'

saranw71

Reaction score
For what I've searched, the problem seems quite normal.

But I think it is getting ridiculous! I rotate players, I think he's gotten more than enough play time for a 'Rotation' player, and yet he came and whined at the office.

Tell me if he's 'Lacking first team football'.

View attachment 259023

I transfer listed him. I really wish I could keep him (one-club man, fought for 2 promotions in a row together).

Anyone has the same problem?

Tell me if he's 'Lacking first team football'.
What was his exact wording?

What's his skill level (CA stars, if you have to) and how does that compare to the DCs who start regularly?

How good is his potential, if he's still young?

What is his personality? How old is he?

'I was unhappy about the lack of games I was playing but then I had decent run in the side so I dropped it, you're not picking me again now though so I'm starting to think I might to leave'

The conversation was after I rested him for JUST A MATCH after two games as a starter. That doesn't make any sense.

He's 24, fairly determined and level-headed. Here's his stats:
View attachment 258994

Comparison:
View attachment 258993

He's that close in quality that he's pushing for a starting spot in your team. He played the last 2 out of 5 matches, so it's unfair to say he complained after being dropped for 1 game.

His wording also indicates that he has complained before and that you promised to give him a run and did so. When did that promise end?

TBF to the player, he's only started 11 out of 20, which is too little for a player wanting to be in the starting 11.

I see. Thanks for the reply!

I might try to keep hold of him.

It's just one of those things you have to deal with as a manager. You have 3 players of almost equal ability competing for (I assume) 2 spots. You may not always be able to keep all 3 happy.

Adam Smith has just returned from a 3 month loan whislt in the International break and hes just complained about a lack of first team football?!

It's just one of those things you have to deal with as a manager. You have 3 players of almost equal ability competing for (I assume) 2 spots. You may not always be able to keep all 3 happy.

True - but you CAN rotate them and if you do it properly (ie make a note about who started last match and play the other one) you wont have any probs

Adam Smith has just returned from a 3 month loan whislt in the International break and hes just complained about a lack of first team football?!

So he wants to know if he'll feature or need to be loaned out again?

I must admit I am having this problem at the moment, I am RM manager and Bale has been out for 5 months, he comes back and our next match is in the Cup against a 3rd tier side, his Fitness is 83% and MF is 60%, I give him 15 mins at the end. Next match in the league, both fitness and MF is below 80%, I give him another 20 mins. Next day Bale is unhappy, I tell him that he will get first team football, after the next match (he played 30 mins), Bale leaks to press and key squad members are unhappy about my treatment of Bale.. Ridiculous!

I must admit I am having this problem at the moment, I am RM manager and Bale has been out for 5 months, he comes back and our next match is in the Cup against a 3rd tier side, his Fitness is 83% and MF is 60%, I give him 15 mins at the end. Next match in the league, both fitness and MF is below 80%, I give him another 20 mins. Next day Bale is unhappy, I tell him that he will get first team football, after the next match (he played 30 mins), Bale leaks to press and key squad members are unhappy about my treatment of Bale.. Ridiculous!

You're promising him first-team football, he is a key player, and you're playing him as a sub. True, he's been out for 5 months, but that's likely building up to the frustration.

You're promising him first-team football, he is a key player, and you're playing him as a sub. True, he's been out for 5 months, but that's likely building up to the frustration.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I understand the in-game reason for his frustration, but realistically the player would have been more patient about his recovery and first team chances. It's just one of those things, without consciousness the AI will always have small flaws.. Its just f*cking annoying haha!

So he wants to know if he'll feature or need to be loaned out again?

Sorry, but in a real life scenario no one is going to come back from loan DURING a international break when there are no games being played only to complain about lack of first team football :/

Sorry, but in a real life scenario no one is going to come back from loan DURING a international break when there are no games being played only to complain about lack of first team football :/

As I said in my last comment, AI will always have small flaws when it comes to realism. All you can do is give him game time. I am playing Bale in every game now despite him not being fully fit, if he gets injured again then its his own fault.

He's seeking assurances that he will feature. The international break has nothing to do with it.

He's seeking assurances that he will feature. The international break has nothing to do with it.

Complaining about first team football is when someone has featured in a lack of games. He probably featured in a run of games on loan. I don't see why anyone that would complain about lack of first team football for his current club be complaining as soon as he comes back from loan. This of course would never happen in a real life scenario.

If he is seeking assurances that he will feature, SI has to implement a clearer way of doing as it would not happen in this way.

Complaining about first team football is when someone has featured in a lack of games. He probably featured in a run of games on loan. I don't see why anyone that would complain about lack of first team football for his current club be complaining as soon as he comes back from loan. This of course would never happen in a real life scenario.

If he is seeking assurances that he will feature, SI has to implement a clearer way of doing as it would not happen in this way.

It's just a case of bad wording.

What would happen IRL is the player asking for clarification about his future. Would it involve a run in the first team, sub appearances or another loan move for game time.

Ah i now understand this a little better. I agree SI needs to work on the wording/explanation of what the player is actually asking for. Thanks!

Unhappiness

I subbed Jese out of a game after 35 minutes as he picked up an injury. He's now out for 3/4 weeks but he's complaining to me about the substitution!!

Is this normal? Seems like a bit of a joke to me.

Hi,

Kinda same issue many times:
once a player wants more first team appearances and get injured, after a while he's just getting complaining even if he's still injured.
Last lad has just come back from a couple of months long visit from physio's room and already crying about more playing time, no matter he started right before he'd got injured and right after he recovered. After the game, he's asking more first team appearances which I can't.