Ridiculous 'Lacking First Team Football'

In my Man Utd save I have Gaya and Shaw both fighting for the LWB slot in the team. They are very similar in age and ability (Gaya is however, also able to play on the right and is my 2nd choice in that position), I've managed to keep both happy using rotation for the last 4 seasons even using them to substitute the other during a game when returning to fitness (the returnee is always placed in the first team and plays for about 50 mins until fully fit). It's easy to keep your players happy in this way (as in real life getting selected first is more important than use as a sub), you just need to make sure that all the players are given an equally fair shot at the start of a match. I've had the injured player whine as well it's just one of those things you have to live with as the AI is not perfect.

I just had a player complaining about lack of first team football after 8 games in the season. He has started 5 of them and come on as sub in one other. Just secured a loan for him 2 leagues down.

^It's a joke.

I just had one player asking for first team football. He's played 20 of 32 games so far. Sod off.

^It's a joke.

I just had one player asking for first team football. He's played 20 of 32 games so far. Sod off.
That's not enough if he believes himself to be an important part of the team. A lot also depends on has last few games, like if he's been dropped for 3 out of the last 5 games. A lot also depends on whether he STARTED 20 games or not.

What is the players reputation, what is your reputation, what is the clubs reputation? What is the squad status of the player and are there any players with lower squad status than his in the starting lineup? (a player would think "if this is a match in which young or backup players get a chance, why am i not getting it") More importantly how well is your squad blending together and do you have a coach with good man management? If there are no problems regarding these, i like putting the player in its place, risk getting him transfer listed - if his wishes are truly unreasonable and your relationship with the player is okay, i find the player usually backs down