Ridiculous prices for non-transfer listed players.

Direttore

Reaction score
So I usually just play FM rather casually, with one of the bigger European teams, lately that has been Barcelona.
In my first year I won the League, domestic cup, and lost in the CL final. Coming in to the second season, I just can't buy any players that aren't listed. Many players just doesn't want a permanent move to Barcelona, because who would right? This being players from, amongst others, Porto, Benfica, Napoli. Not only that, but the teams request 60m+ for players like Hysaj, and 80m+ for Renato Sanches. I make a more reasonable bit, they refuse, and the players gets upset and asks to leave but the club doesn't care.

This happens to me EVERY save, so I guess that's how the game is supposed to be, so basically this is just a rant.
But if the same thing happens to you, but you find some way to manage to negotiate the prices down atleast in the slightest, please give me hints.

So I usually just play FM rather casually, with one of the bigger European teams, lately that has been Barcelona.
In my first year I won the League, domestic cup, and lost in the CL final. Coming in to the second season, I just can't buy any players that aren't listed. Many players just doesn't want a permanent move to Barcelona, because who would right? This being players from, amongst others, Porto, Benfica, Napoli. Not only that, but the teams request 60m+ for players like Hysaj, and 80m+ for Renato Sanches. I make a more reasonable bit, they refuse, and the players gets upset and asks to leave but the club doesn't care.

This happens to me EVERY save, so I guess that's how the game is supposed to be, so basically this is just a rant.
But if the same thing happens to you, but you find some way to manage to negotiate the prices down atleast in the slightest, please give me hints.
You don't have a divine right to just cheaply buy anyone. Put some effort into it or scout players to see their likely transfer cost. Huge transfers where the club doesn't want to sell, won't happen overnight in FM or IRL.

Heh, I know that Benfica ask some crazy money for Renato Sanches but this guy is definitely worth it but as Barcelona you should afford such amount easily, I really don't see any problem here :)

I used LFC Marshalls latest update where Renato Sanches is at Bayern and got him for 17M first season. He has been incredible in my 2nd season

There is no problem here, the same goes in real life, because in reality, with most Non-Transfer listed players the team will not be willing to part with the pay unless you pay big $$$. WJ put it exactly right, you don't have a right to just buy a player at what you believe his value is. Do some scouting and find a player of similar mould who is going to be available for a lower fee. And keep an eye on those over priced players because contracts get shorter, players fall out of favour ect.

I got lucky in my save, Renato Sanches became unhappy for some reason in Benfica and it helped to get him very cheap only for 40M :)