digimagpie

Reaction score
So I'm in my first season with Newcastle, we're doing ok sitting in 9th. A tycoon comes in and takes over the club. This is in March so obviously outside the transfer window! He sends me a message saying with the money they've given me they expect to finish in a Champions League place this season!!! Not impossible but pretty ****** difficult when I cant sign anyone new! Miraculously I manage to finish 6th and get into the Europa League. Next thing I have a meeting with him where I need to beg for my job and he gives me an ultimatum of 9 points in the next 5 games (next season obviously I guess) or I'm done.

How is that fair?? Such a stupid way of doing it, I cant sign anyone, but the money he's given me is sure to help in the last few months of the season. Nonsense.

That sounds like a bug, based on the timing. You might want to report that on the SI forum and upload it.

Yeah, overall it isn't a ridiculous scenario, but the timing is poor here and the targets should have been for next season. Report it with the save game from before that take over, if you have it, so they can check it out.