Ridiculous stats drop, anyway to stop this?

noname11

Reaction score
<p>
I had played FM for a season now and I realized every month there will be concerns in training with some players and most their stats will drop in a ridiculous way, with almost every single of their attribute dropping. This has happened to every player, young and old but the older players over the age of 30 seems to have this happen to them in a much worse way. My Carragher has dropped from 3 stars to being almost unusable within a season. Jonjo Shelvey had his stats drop for 2 months straight and that had severely affected his potential. Even players in their 20s like Johnson had his stats declined slightly in the last 3 months. This is severely affecting my play experience as I cannot past a day in game without worrying if a player stats drops that day. I wonder am I doing something wrong with my training or this happens to all people? Here is an example of a screenshot of such event happening.</p>

Either the training is incorrectly setup or the players are unhappy, unmotivated resulting in them training without quality.

Could you post a screen of your training setup ?
( dont mind about Carra though as he sholuld decline due to age)

Either the training is incorrectly setup or the players are unhappy, unmotivated resulting in them training without quality. Could you post a screen of your training setup ? ( dont mind about Carra though as he sholuld decline due to age)
I know he should decline but that decline was a little bit way to drastic? You have players like Giggs who played well at top level at an extremely old age. As for training I usually follow my coach advice and change it every few days or so. I tend to set heavy intensity for younger player with potential for better chance of them improving. None of the players are unhappy with training, those who were unhappy I told them off and they were okay with it later on.

Thats their indivudual training. It was refering to the team trainning. Also, do you have coaches assigned to all areas ?

Thats their indivudual training. It was refering to the team trainning. Also, do you have coaches assigned to all areas ?

Didn't touch team training for most parts. And yes I have coaches assigned to all areas.

If you are using Team Cohesion for most parts of the season, then this would be the explanation, especially along with " more match training". The players simply wont work on their skills enough. If this is just because you are in preseason and is not how you have been doling it, then I dont know.

Have a look at one player that have been playing lots of matches and is between 20-28 years old. Look at under Player, Development and then click a few of his attributes. Have they really gone down ? If not, then you have been looking at the " recent changes" to seldom OR its a cosmetic glitch.

I do change to defending for bigger matches but I leave it like this for most of the time. What should I change for the team training to improve the training results? As for more match training yeah it's been like that the whole time. Johnson had played about 40 matches last season, some of his stats did went down and the coach feedback is that he had declined slightly as a footballer.

I would use " Balanced" as the default Traning at all times. Then, chose the weekly training to Team Cohession for a weeks here and there in the preseason if you have many new players. During the season, I would chose a new weekly training ( still using Balanced as the Default" between 20-40 % of the time. As for what category, it would depend on your tactical approach.

If playing Tiki-Taka, then it would be on Ball controll, Attack and Tactics. If playing Physical direct counter attack, then it would be Tactics, Fitness and Defending. Naturally, this is if you have a philosophy to raise and form players into fitting your style of play

So I alternate between those three weekly for weekly focus? What about the defenders, would they get decent increase if I keep focusing on attack? (Ball controll, Attack and Tactics, I'm using Koflok's goal galore tactic)

And for the schduleing as you said more match training is not ideal, how much should it be for better training results?

So I alternate between those three weekly for weekly focus? What about the defenders, would they get decent increase if I keep focusing on attack? (Ball controll, Attack and Tactics, I'm using Koflok's goal galore tactic)

And for the schduleing as you said more match training is not ideal, how much should it be for better training results?

No, I mean that you should go for the Default ( Standard ) traniing between 60-80 %, chosing a weekly training of your choice between 20-40 % of the time and here, you rotate between those.

Like this
Tactics
Ball Control
Attacking

etc etc

I would not focus too much on match training during the season. I never use more than 40 % for match training.

No, I mean that you should go for the Default ( Standard ) traniing between 60-80 %, chosing a weekly training of your choice between 20-40 % of the time and here, you rotate between those. Like this Default Default Default Tactics Default Default Default Ball Control Default Default Default Attacking etc etc I would not focus too much on match training during the season. I never use more than 40 % for match training.

I see, whatever I select for match training will not affect the player's attributes right?

I see, whatever I select for match training will not affect the player's attributes right?

Correct. The match training aims to the following

- Tactics: The team gettuing more fluid with your approach
- The rest: A temporarely boost in this area for the coming game

Correct. The match training aims to the following - Tactics: The team gettuing more fluid with your approach - The rest: A temporarely boost in this area for the coming game

Got it. Thanks very much for your help. I will try what you suggested and hopefully the situation will change for the better. Cheers.