Riera- Backtracking

Yeah, i just wanted to make sure that's what he mean't before i responded.
I'd agree Malouda isn't world class but what's that got to do with this thread?
It's funny how people bring in other people's clubs as a defense mechanism when somebody says something negative about their club.

why did u get him in da 1st place

A defence mechanism? It's banter calm down, the only one being overly defensive here is you. He was just saying that maybe Chelsea should take a look at their wingers.. Slight overreaction on your part there..

Anyway why do we need world class wingers? We don't play with wingers, all our wingers flop, remember Kewell? We need a player like Arda Turan, not Robben. We were linked with Turan last summer I think, hopefully the money we get for Reira we can spend on him.

Maybe a slight overreaction, but still, can you tell me how Chelsea relates to this thread?
If he didn't go off topic and take a cheap dig at Chelsea then he wouldn't of provoked such a reaction.

Getting a few wingers would benefit you as you wouldn't become too reliant on Torres and Gerrard if they sustain an injury.
Anyway, isn't Arda Turan a winger?

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

why did u get him in da 1st place

Who Malouda?
It was Roman's idea i believe as he didn't want to splash out too much on a replacment for Robben. He had won several individual awards in France so it could have interested potential suitors.
In fact, L'pool were close to signing him only for us to come in at the last minute and ****** the deal.

Maybe a slight overreaction, but still, can you tell me how Chelsea relates to this thread?
If he didn't go off topic and take a cheap dig at Chelsea then he wouldn't of provoked such a reaction.

Getting a few wingers would benefit you as you wouldn't become too reliant on Torres and Gerrard if they sustain an injury.
Anyway, isn't Arda Turan a winger?

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Who Malouda?
It was Roman's idea i believe as he didn't want to splash out too much on a replacment for Robben. He had won several individual awards in France so it could have interested potential suitors.
In fact, L'pool were close to signing him only for us to come in at the last minute and ****** the deal.

Nope, it was only paper talk,there was no solid bid.Also, perhaps Roman couldn't afford to?

I've heard that Raul will come to us from Madrid in a swap deal for Riera. Well worth it. ;)

WHY DID RAFA BUY KEANE AND NOT PLAY HIM. its not the players its the manager he needs to fix up.blank checks aren't the way forward. he needs to learn to use what he has to the fullest. players like riera and babel like a run of games...proof? babel has improved dramatically since his return to the team.

Riera is actually a top player, shame he didnt quite cut it at the reds, i actually loved him when he played for us, was our signing of the season at one point

Likely to play against benfica next week though, with babel out and yossi likely to play in place of maxi.

**** off Albert Riera. You cannot critiscise your own manager publicly and expect to get away with it. When he first joined he seemed a good player but he is far too inconsistent, the Spanish media told us this including Guilleme Balague. Just hope we get a few millions for him.

Back