Rigid Attack 4-1-4-1 (High CC's, High Goals, High Action)

GobBluthJD

Reaction score
Rigid v.2

High Attack, Rigid formation = tons of CC's, tons of goals. Napoli has become giant slayers with this so far.

View attachment 343533

Took down Atletico in Champions League with 5 CC's, 7 half CC's
View attachment 343532

Took down AC Milan with 6 CC's and 12 half CC's - also held them to 0 CC's
View attachment 343531

Just beat Dortmund in Champions with 8 CC's!
View attachment 343530

Here are the Instructions
View attachment 343529

You'll also get a good number of goals from corners, but you need to have in-swingers, so lefties taking corners from the right and righties taking from the left
View attachment 343528

OI's are built into the tactic, so it's plug and play, but make sure you don't leave OI to AssMan! He'll just mess things up.

Haven't tried it with a really small team (though it should work) or a really big team (though it should dominate). Will be trying those next and posting updates.

Give it a try: Rigid v.2

Gonna try it with Arsenal, what about training?

View attachment 343454

This is during the season. For pre-season, I change general training to High and Tactics and then when tactics are close to full I switch to Fitness. Once the season starts or after a few games into the season, I switch to the one above.

going to do a season with arsenal can you recommend any players to suit the tactic? and team talks

Very happy about the start of one of my final saves in FM14. Great job with the tactic man, kudos!

MV5cwb7.png

going to do a season with arsenal can you recommend any players to suit the tactic? and team talks

Pre-game home: Passionate or Assertive - Go out and give fan's money
Pre-game away: Calm - Go out and give fan's money or keep good streak going

Half-time home if winning by less than 3: Calm - Done well so far, but room for improvement
Half-time home if losing: Assertive - Not happy, better showing, where's your passion lads
Half-time away if winning: Passionate or Calm - Done well so far, but room for improvement (if winning by more than 2 or 3 - pleased with what I've seen, keep it up)
Half-time away if losing: Calm - Not happy, better showing, etc

End game home if won: Calm - Well done, that was a good win, Good job (same thing but passionate if away)
End game if lost: Assertive - Not happy with your performance (same thing but calm if away)

Positional team talks if winning: Have faith, keep it up (calm if home, passionate if away)
Positional team talks if losing: Not happy, show me something else (assertive if home, calm if away)

I think that's about it, or close variations of that. These generally keep your team with good, very good, or suburb morale, and that increases the team's performance greatly

Hmm...its hard to judge this tactic because i always dominated game, but two or three counter attack opponent and i lose the game. I had some very good matches but i also had some bad matches.

View attachment 343338 View attachment 343337

Im gonna end this season a will see how its end ;)

just started season 3 with my man u save do thought i would give this a go as i love tactics that have beasty wingers used well. started off ok but my last 2 games it has just clicked and beast mode has kicked in lol here is my screenshots off last two games and my fixtures up to now also i fielded a couple of fringe players in videton game in champs league

View attachment 342114View attachment 342115View attachment 342116

just started season 3 with my man u save do thought i would give this a go as i love tactics that have beasty wingers used well. started off ok but my last 2 games it has just clicked and beast mode has kicked in lol here is my screenshots off last two games and my fixtures up to now also i fielded a couple of fringe players in videton game in champs league

View attachment 675133View attachment 675132View attachment 675131

6-1 against City?? Beast Mode Activated!

Yeah I know mate was well chuffed with that result. I have now got to end of January and it's slowly starting to lose it's attacking potency and leaking a goal or two albeit I'm still winning with the occasional draw but not destroying teams with possession and shots like earlier in the season. Still a great tactic just hope this blip is a mid season one and not the tactic slowly dying lol

Hmm...its hard to judge this tactic because i always dominated game, but two or three counter attack opponent and i lose the game. I had some very good matches but i also had some bad matches.

View attachment 672510 View attachment 672512

Im gonna end this season a will see how its end ;)

Seems to be the FM14 way - win a bunch, lose a bunch in a row. I've still had success with this one though, no 2nd season syndrome with it (H)

Wow this is such a sick tactic. My AP just seems to be banging them in. Concedes a little but i switch to standard when im 2 or 3 up.

Wow this is such a sick tactic. My AP just seems to be banging them in. Concedes a little but i switch to standard when im 2 or 3 up.

Nice! AP's usually score boatloads with this set-up I've found (H)