Inquisition

Reaction score
So this is a follow on from my Little Boro story. Where I made it to the BPL with Stevenage a League 1 team. The year is currently 2016 as stated in the title. Anyways onto Liverpools situation.
From 2012
Brendan Rodgers was sacked in 2013
Luciano Spalletti sacked December 2013
Manuel Pellegrini sacked November 2014

After the 3 sackings Harry Redknapp joined. Liverpool had placed 7th, 6th. Respectable but not where the owners wanted to go. 'Arry brought Liverpool to success. Flirting with first in the 2015-16 season and finishing 5th and 6th with them. Winning a Europa Cup title. Bringing in some quality players such as Julian Draxler and Christian Erikson. Well at the end of the 15-16 season 'Arry retired. It was speculated that I, Sam Fisher was to take the job but I saw no real challenge so I rejected and John van den Brom was hired. Brom did not do well with Liverpool dropping into the relegation zone in the 16/17 season. In december he was sacked. I saw the job and decided I'd like the challenge and I'd document the progression. Let me say though, I did not want to leave the position at Stevenage but, this was a one time thing so I took it. (I made two saves so I can play my Stevenage game still, but not document it anymore).

View attachment 307484View attachment 307485
Current Squad

So Liverpool, what do we have? It is worse than you expect. Draxler, Erikson, Sterling, Reina and Bartra all want out. Suarez, Allen, Erikson and Bartra all on long term injuries. Reina on leave from homesickness. And its the middle of december. Wow. A rebuild is in order.

Last edited:
Woah. Really, really in the **** there. Should be fun re-building in Jan'/Summer.

December 2016

View attachment 307986

So this is the make it or break it for Liverpool FC. In my own mind there was a blunt and brutal truth towards the players. This month does not have my integrity on the line it had the players. Their potential career in football will depend on their actions in the next few weeks. If the players didn't produce then there stock would drop. If any had plans to eventually move on from the club to bigger and better things, this was the time to show it. Most of the world class depth in the squad was injured and not going to be back soon. The only player expected to be back soon is Christian Erikson. I completely changed the play. My usual counter 4-2-3-1 was being stapled into the players knowledge with the chance of playing a defensive 4-1-2-2-1. I have limited knowledge about most players in the club exempt the big names. Raheem Sterling and Jonjo Shelvey were the only others I knew about. To me Jonjo and Sterling are quality players. I had taken an interest in them a few times while at Stevenage but nothing really ever got me attracted to buying one of them (probably because of the price tag I assumed both would have). Sterling looked like he was left out of the play at the Reds. I personally want to revitalize his career and bring his potential back with sight. Shelvey is an extremely underrated player and I look to use him to his full capability. Other than that I don't see anything that stands out other then my extremely underpar assistant Colin Pascoe (I will quickly replace that man).

Anyways onto the games. Newcastle away 3 days after I joined with the whole midfield looking exhausted and stretched. So I would just play the game not look into the players at Liverpool yet, I will just let their play do the talking. Another thing to add, Reina is away on leave so I have to use the backup goalie David Stockdale. He is a decent number one but, he hasn't got the class I am looking for in a goalie that Reina offers even at the age of 34.

Home/Away
View attachment 3080111-2View attachment 307986
Starting Eleven:
David Stockdale
Timothy Chandler, Martin Skrtel, Marcos Rojo, Jose Enrique,
Jack Cork, Jonjo Shelvey,
Raheem Sterling, Henrik Mkhitaryan, Julian Draxler,
Emmanuel Mayuka.

Goals: Draxler 2 and Sterling 57

The game was a hard one to read. Both teams had been struggling this season perhaps Newcastle more than Liverpool but you never know with the Geordies bad form can result in last stand battles. To be honest Newcastle had most of the possession in the game but we came out on top. Mainly because our chances were more probable Newcastles just seemed to be content popping shots from far. Our next game against Aston Villa who are having a decent season.

View attachment 3079860-1View attachment 308013
Starting Eleven:
David Stockdale
Jorge Fucile, Danny Wilson, Neven Subotic, Jack Robinson,
Timothy Chandler, Raheem Sterling, Emmanuel Mayuka,
Samed Yesil

Aston Villa provided a stark reminder of where the team had to go. The squad looked flat. Admittedly some of the players were out of place and others were exhausted. Plus I chose to use a more rotated starting eleven, had no choice though. All in all Villa out gunned us and out played us. They were the better team and deserved it. Cardiff at home next hopefully that will be an easy win against a club not enjoying their stay in the basement (20th place).

View attachment 3079861-1View attachment 308014
Starting Eleven:
David Stockdale,
Jorge Fucile, Danny Wilson, Stefan Savic, Jack Robinson,
Jack Cork, Henrik Mkhitaryan,
Timothy Chandler, Jonjo Shelvey, Raheem Sterling,
Emmanuel Mayuka

Goals: Cork 17

Another reminder. I really gave it to the squad after this. I would have liked to have won this; we were clear favorites. The back four played well the front couldn't get anything in or on target even. Another day and another disappointing result for the club. Perhaps after the ear bashing I gave the squad the will pull up their socks. Hopefully. Next game against my lads Stevenage.

View attachment 3080151-2View attachment 307986
Starting Eleven:
David Stockdale,
Jorge Fucile, Martin Skrtel, Neven Subotic, Marcos Rojo,
Jack Cork, Lucas Leiva,
Raheem Sterling, Julian Draxler, Emmanuel Mayuka,
Samed Yesil

Goals: Mayuka 18, 63

A good win against the old boys. The team looked to be more into the game, which was evident with the few times we hit the bar and amount of shots. Mayuka really stepped up which is really nice to see as his form was **** when I first joined. Not much to report other than the team played well and kept the flow going when in possession. Next game the overachieving Derby at Anfield

View attachment 3079863-0View attachment 308016
Starting Eleven:
David Stockdale,
Timothy Chandler, Martin Skrtel, Stefan Savic, Jose Enrique,
Raheem Sterling, Henrik Mkhitayan, Julian Draxler,
Emmanuel Mayuka

Goals: Mayuka 1, 58 and Savic 12

A good solid win against an overachieving team. Hopefully that'll knock them off their perch. Again like the Stevenage game the players heads were in the right places as possession was ours and along with chances. Mayuka gave another solid performances. Hopefully we can continue this early run into our first game in January against Chelsea.

So this month was a decent start to my campaign as Liverpool manager. Brought the team together and right after the Stevenage game. The players wanting to leave asked to stay. I will agree for now but their request to leave in the first place won't go unnoticed. I want players who stick it out when the going gets tough and that is what I will work for.

Keep tuned in as the transfer window is here now so players coming in and players going out. I am anxious to put some of that yankie money to good use.​