Rise and Fall : The Story of Bolton Wanderers

chrisjericho

Reaction score
5th July 2011

MY FIRST DAY

" You're hired ! "

These words echo in my mind as i woke up from my midnight sleep. The words that Phil Gartside, the chairman of the club Bolton Wanderers himself said to me just yesterday as i applied to the job of being the manager of the club.

I hurriedly put on my good suit for once and rode my car to Reebok Stadium, i hope i can make a good impression for Phil on the first day...
My heart raced as if i had run thousands of kilometers, as i open the door to the conference room i was greeted by Phil and walked calmly inside...
" Good morning. "
" Good morning, Mr. Gartside. "
" Please call me Phil. "
" Ok then, Phil. I would really like if we could sign the contract right now. "

After i got the contract signed, he told me to meet the staff and players to get acquainted with them and i immediately did that.

After talking to all of the staff, i mutually terminated all their contracts because i think the club could do with even better coaches then them. They all agreed and without hesitation their contracts are terminated. I began to hire some staff to help with my work, sending emails to the likes of Tony Coton to be my assistant and Paul Johnson to be one of my scouts.

Next were the players.

" Hello all, i am Tobias Danny, i am the new manager or head coach for this here club. Now, i know that i am not known at all and you maybe think my lack of experience may block this club's progress. If you think that, then it's fine, but i only demand two things from you, that you believe in me and that you will play 1000% for the club. Any questions? "

The players stayed silent, some of them shaked their heads.

After that i went home and began looking at the funds we have. I was not too happy about the £ 0 transfer budget, nor that the wage budget is almost occupied. This means i will have to sell players in order to sign some...but other than that i fell GREAT ! I am looking forward to be able to manage this club back to it's prime.