clarky1683

Reaction score
View attachment 174421
Lyngby FC

Founded in 1921, the club find themselves in the First Division in Denmark having spent the last decade jumping up and down between the Superliga and the First Division.

The aim of the save is to not only dominate Danish and European football, but to increase the reputation of Danish football, making it one of the most competitive and strongest footballing nations on the planet.

A long term aim is to also manage the Danish national team to a World Cup title along with significant success with Lyngby FC, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves...

Managerial Profile

View attachment 174420
To ensure that this is a challenge, my manager attributes will not be particularly high. I'll be taking Danish nationality (along with Finland as a secondary nationality) to ensure that my knowledge of the country is decent enough from the start.

Club Details

View attachment 174419
As you can see, the club hasn't managed to lay down a long term place in the Danish Superliga, so my first job is to get back to the top flight and establish the team there as a foundation for the future. Financially, the club is "okay" but we do have great youth facilities which is perfect.

(If anyone fancies creating some kits for the club, that would be rad!)

Club History and Background

View attachment 174418
Excitingly, the club has already won the Superliga twice in its history, but I want to take that to a much higher number. Youth facilities are, like I said, great, but the training facilities could probably do with some improvement. We will have to work with what we've got for now.​

View attachment 174417
Season Expectations

View attachment 174416
The aim is, of course, to gain promotion. In the First Division the top three teams are automatically promoted to the Superliga, but ideally we want to be winning the league to set the mark for the future. In terms of the Danish Cup, we are expected to reach the fourth round.

Initial Squad

View attachment 174415
At first glance the squad seems pretty strong. Some obvious key players are goalkeeper Viktor Noring, winger David Boysen and full back Michael Lumb, but there are plenty of other quality footballers here.

I'm uncertain as to how I want to play for the first season, so the friendlies will be largely used to determine the tactic, although I think it may be best to keep things reasonably simple. It definitely seems like we need to utilise our width though.

Good Luck mate - I have been doing something similar with Wales and is a fun challenge, but have found myself completely dominating all domestic competitions within a about 6 seasons. Although the Danish League will likely be much more competitive.

Will be following!

Best of luck with this challenge! Danish league, v. interesting! :)

Good Luck mate - I have been doing something similar with Wales and is a fun challenge, but have found myself completely dominating all domestic competitions within a about 6 seasons. Although the Danish League will likely be much more competitive.

Will be following!

Thanks very much mate! Hopefully things will go well but not be too easy!

View attachment 174138
Pre Season

Since the Danish leagues start in July I didn't have too long to get to know the squad or bring in many players. I decided against shipping anyone out, they all deserve a chance, but I did bring in two players on loan (also looking at a few more loans).

View attachment 174133
Jonas Gemmer is on a two year loan deal and can play in multiple positions so will be very useful. Jeppe Brinch is on a one year loan, and will provide another option in defence.

Friendly Results

View attachment 174126

Only managed to play two friendlies, but one was against the reserve team. I feel like the first few weeks of the season will be very unpredictable, but we can't hold off the start of the season any longer!

Tactic

View attachment 174125
Since we have some very capable wingers in the side, I want to utilise them fully, so I think a 4-2-3-1 formation could work well and suit the side.

View attachment 174124
In terms of team instructions, I'm aiming to keep things quite simple to avoid over complicating anything. The main idea is to keep the ball and spread it out wide for the wingers to attack the fullbacks and get the ball in. If that doesn't work, I'll try going through the attacking midfielder whilst looking for the overlap, but we will see how things go in each game.

View attachment 174120
Start of the Season

We went into our first match of the season hoping for a good start. Having looked at the side I felt that we had enough quality to seal a victory in my first game in charge.

Match Day 1

View attachment 174119
A well fought victory in the end. Fosgaard was incredible, with an assist and two goals (including a 40 yarder!). A solid win to begin the season, but one problem I did pick up on was how old and frankly slow our centre backs are.

-----

Match Day 2

View attachment 174118Arguably the most uneventful game I've ever been involved in. Literally nothing happened. There seems to be a lack of link up between our midfield and front line.

-----

League Table

View attachment 174117
An unbeaten start to the season, albeit after only two games! We sit in second place in the league, which is a decent enough start. I'd like to kick on, but top three is definitely the minimum aim.

Player of the Month (July)

Lasse Fosgaard

View attachment 174114
The winger has been superb, an assist and two goals, and I hope there is more to come from him.​

View attachment 173294
August 2015

After a win and a draw in our first two league games we went into the third game looking to continue our decent start to the season.

Match Day 3

View attachment 173293
A solid away victory with a clean sheet too! Kjaer did well and score a goal either side of the half time whistle. 7 points out of 9 isn't bad at all.

Danish Cup 1st Round

View attachment 173291
We made this much harder than it needed to be as the lower league side took us all the way to extra time where only a Kjaer hatrick goal could clinch it for us right at the end. Regardless, we're in the next round.

Match Day 4

View attachment 173290
A devastating result. We got absolutely smashed in every department. Moving on quickly...

Match Day 5

View attachment 173289
Back to winning ways... just. Gemmer, who has been fantastic so far with the last minute winner.

Match Day 6

View attachment 173287
Another win, against who were top of the league at the time. Boysen with a super goal, and another clean sheet.

League Standings

View attachment 173286
Top of the table, in what has been a pretty decent start to my time here.

Player of the Month

Jonas Gemmer

View attachment 173285
The young midfielder has put in an excellent shift in every single match. Very pleased with his work so far.​

Some nice results, Jeppe Kjaer seems to be scoring for fun!