Rise of The Blue Toon (Peterhead)

Nisbet

Reaction score
I started a game with the English & Scottish leagues loaded & put myself in unemployed with a Sunday League reputation (this has always been my preferred way to play the game). My aim was to start at the bottom & work my way to the top eventually getting one of the top jobs in the Premiership. I decided that I was going to have very little loyalty to a club & move on as soon as a job at a bigger became available.

As soon as the game loaded I went on holiday & selected the options: go on holiday indefinitely, apply for all jobs, return from holiday when offered a job.

Now the waiting game...

To my amazement I returned from my holiday after about 2 seconds as the Peterhead job had been available.

A very little club in the Scottish 3rd Division affectionately known as "The Blue Toon".

It didn't take long for me to agree terms on my contract. The journey had begun...

The date is 31st January 2022

Jump forward 10 & a half seasons to the date 31st Jan 2022.

I am still the manager of Peterhead however the club has changed some what over the past 10 years.

After a few successful promotions I grew quite attached to the club that had given me my first chance in football so at that point I decided that I was going so repay them for the faith that they had shown in me & try & take the club as far as possible rejecting any approach from other clubs.

To confirm my loyalty to the club I have rejected many approaches from the bright lights of the English Premiership including a very lucrative offer from Manchester United.

To cut what could be a long story please see attached images.

Nice, follow my story please :). Its the Paul Gazza Gascoigne one(My first story).

yo nisbet you are the don....impressive work....and i read in your other story u just adapt a formation and tactic to suit your players....any player combinations uve noticed that work well together? e.g i play with a target man/advanced forward in attack and my 2 cm play deep lying playmaker and cm support...never know if these work though...came 8th with wolves first season although i did holiday half of it with my tactics set...do u use same tactic season after season?do u adapt it for every game?im really intrigued as what you have achieved in this game is really impressive.i want to take over a low low rated team in future but need to get feel of the game first and get more understanding...i wouldnt know where to start with a team like Droylsden.

yo nisbet you are the don....impressive work....and i read in your other story u just adapt a formation and tactic to suit your players....any player combinations uve noticed that work well together? e.g i play with a target man/advanced forward in attack and my 2 cm play deep lying playmaker and cm support...never know if these work though...came 8th with wolves first season although i did holiday half of it with my tactics set...do u use same tactic season after season?do u adapt it for every game?im really intrigued as what you have achieved in this game is really impressive.i want to take over a low low rated team in future but need to get feel of the game first and get more understanding...i wouldnt know where to start with a team like Droylsden.

I normally have one of the MC playing as defensive & one as an advanced playmaker. One striker at Advanced Forward & one as a Poacher. I start in the lower leagues playing a fairly defensive game & then step it up when I feel then that the team are good enough.

Hello fellow Peterhead manager! Well done on your success....I managed to get successive promotions to Division 1 and after a good first season...I finished third.....I'm in big trouble second from bottom....it just seems whatever I do I can't seem to get my squad to perform. Usually I'm pretty good when it comes to LLM but the main problem is the fact that Peterhead are still semi-pro which has such an impact on who I can sign and also training of course. What formation are you using? Any other advice and tips?

Cheers!