Rise of the Fleet. Ebbsfleet United F.C. Story

Davey Jones

Reaction score
Rise of the Fleet
Ebbsfleet United F.C. FM 15 Story

Wednesday 24th June 2014
ZsWHBP204L16VOZ8oQLei7KUqIC484VcRYUelaVD-4LzpCuxnNxf94JjxKXzGji7-xwmI1CoA5tWMeRBdrnt1n-22HfGFj1zSOLbsMhNboqzixh2SQlWtkvufgO6I8pChoa-2V0
_Bff4PpQpBiZVShfyWKIkdEhW4VBK_5NNNpFcupSWHRtXmCLXAq0Ao61H5hAd7vlS60dqZIrQrybk2osk08B1sL9zk-Q5Sou-8MwLvO4I0RF_M8XnR_D6nTTXg0ewYBXiKYrE4Q

Ebbsfleet United F.C. Announces Press Conference - Major News By James Parker
vTGpm3d1Q_rsA2IPm_CVwG3Q1kmm9UTfYnjeztM6Rj4y_rI_S_DP9g_FZdeQSih6CzO-XbnmZ0hYpIlmBAY6NggdaFccQR5424RcKd1DIisrdDEVyHcwNymxRMYNHtaVUQ9xCeY

Today at the Stonebridge Road, Northfleet, a young man was announced as the new manager of Ebbsfleet United F.C after Jamie Days shock resignation last week. The twenty year old New Zealander Davey Jones was introduced by chairman Abdulla Al-Humaidi to the media and fans.

Mr Jones had a few words to say at his appointment. “ I am honored to have been chosen by Dr Al-Humaidi to manage Ebbsfleet. I know I have very little experience in football management apart from a few games on FM. But in all seriousness, I am determined to see the Rise of the “Fleet” through the divisions to the very top.”

Bold words for a bold manager.

Many and I have been confused at the surprise appointment of Davey Jones given his lack of experience and age. Turns out he only holds a National A Licence and only played Sunday League football back in Christchurch, New Zealand. Surely there could have someone better out there to take up the reins of the club.

But we shall wait and see if his appointment was justified. Could this be dark times for the club? We shall see....

Last edited:
Love the fact that Davey Jones is managing the Fleet - very naval themed :p

Ebbsfleet United F.C. Facts

_xCpg0MdwYuHpjJTVAIDXuCfTZ93VJde229dlMCNNyI6NxRTTPDsJWb1NFz-QN4D3k6HGLwt2wiFy3V20JD5ZY05uJq9z_4yRXzo6ycGHeuPcRUJ5TPHEeQOQudwTR4Uu2J7CEk

• Founded in 1946 as Gravesend & Northfleet before named changed in 2007
  • Nicknamed “The Fleet”
  • Current playing in Vanarama Conference South
  • Based in Northfleet, Gravesend, Kent, population of 29,474
Famous people that have played at the club
Roy Hodgson - current manager of England, Jimmy Bullard

h2Y0tRicc2Kul5c89p9F77_xkU8dpXpsypf7XhapEaikc9qC6x3GTINnAlsQeSm1n6G7En6SXGvhvJeXv2G7xu3dDbu6D3LaBjK-k9QVPNSenSAxMXN0ggvMft6wuXp9QSd2Fi8

TOuelVycSjB5oNFi8rh4v_JOKF7dSskuDw4glj5cADB_0xY9KtwodkAUnt2VUHVrHqa134Kq9jfSlbI72_IVR5QnuK9VDPmfO9c9_uVxMZf7TwUS-SECzZC6F5lqAyFpgmiBAQg

Map

GRopiTT7AraVRmCoY731vQI4m0bvo-poz4UHtc_JRyKXF4Q2wSOfkuVpozG4Bn2ewJNgRpzDGJKjnJQXnG6h6BxRfAp_uq_V0YD6WHkYPyEYUk_nDECOR4wGbTFAnO3jLfHUM5M

Stadium: Stonebridge Road

j4s_aTCCi0jsad2jWuHLhvtYn575LwZzOUtRyUeqRkl4n2Z-2G_3l9tWk8wc9ih8iknDrwAjjaDn5fYqmUL9JbI9ZOgsq0HD_QpCjyTh63TwJ-MUBQYW5lZJiTMboPg0oBU4QmM

bNfFwwHXlzcD3rBbhnEcga79UiCvWPpFuGQBJxewBX1KaNcEMYVjDF5ggWIKjyZoO7LoUxVPBaQcMpaBmLIxiOHibJ5f-qZ25SscDrW55dCQnuk0AruL7a5DF-mJ18kah1sO9pQ

A quick look at current squad
httGgOQmA6kA0oet9ZGdHXaUTwfgWTTEcFmuMFLqR12fJqVVPHjGrDfwjgXAEFFFIC4Lk2IKc1YO2G4E76p_LW8UadWnwAxL3GxxWvNWsWPfht1Nwsj17BA1HhH8KC03JyHj02o

The Manager
8EjtIIPPl1dY-E5SWV9KG33Sv1V9HnVA7YiNsnpyIJ-zqNc2wGsRiVOwqtpA6qi-ee7fTAV4urR6AH3nLMtBfHcQip00Fje8k6iomMlRJVs57emH1z0rHr_oIjuIeDRXZbUpKAg

Goals in this Save
Maintain a majority of English players in the squad
Reach Premier League
Maintain an attacking style football

Next Post will be about the squad, transfer window and pre-season fixtures
Stay tuned folks!

Last edited:
8Ab0IEkWydRL1NNHaAdqUwUCj8W89qHraD2NIxKDPNUm9Oc8hT6lC7vO-OUR0ATWVax3tiMEhlbu9IbjZueYsJC1QMXWdR9WsAlKJhatlOJNWX7i0_PRtCpJX5P-glBiyjJ72vI

Squad Overview
As you can see I have added quite a few players to the team.
Cs-UGbGYEvFJBDydTErCZJOmkbn_cJr4RsRl95VsoNFFkOjxPRDKIW6MKhJ3wsvvhqnC3DfrLiySpZb3vjxyxehf5SJ9DXi4UAtEHGv6aidk4Vb796uou95Dw0P9cD8SRvOCjhc

Injuries List
Currently there is three players on the injuries list, two of them long term, I deem them to be some of the best players at the club.
_UucTmkWRoROEeiuBe0ZQiGw1wZ18-TP_5QfrsyV3wA98kwDoQyAKC_A19uEGnk-LCorWSF0xVzXVmRP6qkr1rdQxZ8A5kdY2VNc-4f_pKS1vyEfJD-6r5X1bpmzj2z3tAUVkXc

HGNhGKGYufjijPYDKjCA1lhG0doT_VUt8SRdtvadwOlwvr5ZLgHhgTQD86aN9_gEPW3vdkQZVyq-Vwb3EfIkKPlyfGNE-TwkqQmGmROmrKGG1G7UWmDC79BCb8VV3J789Xyg8tc

Transfers

u-RKQzKWl1Z6ZasGyNZb-IE-2oySSEMu2NHZetGHchQTb5qbDexgMoSTc1FSdUrIrOYFVnj3mMDmD0df4XxhtKy8m2ggvj5iArt6chaoL79WuKMXsmPpSYgfy0ojlMlJSkioy_0

Four players released and nine players signed with no fees. Expected at this level.

New Players
LDLtaNCbUvGUHvTJYYMWnPNNsIN_h_13GygNeCoESuaKwbRD9iFBGtbjxHm5tTkKyzBh3Vzs7zrcV_wvRy3Sgd0hd6vmab7_gGsyW9gIdh1wpw-XHvPXuQbIbmVwXtINz6yA_4w

Young, decent attributes for a centre defender, can cover left back. Expect him to grow for next few seasons.

UrVxyCcRajU7QcKVSxYdDlpEP0LN1NwTnd6SNkHjYNS6VzX9B9ce5DoIn6KejXRrC7ZdFItrcAN8rqi2H3g8VgwnYoRJ8Hd8bLKkK2yaK8uch8poEAQGtL7YPaZ0HjIotEmDMuY

Decent goalkeeper. Young at 19 so will expect him to grow. Will rotate with other keeper Brandon Hall during the season. Signed on non-contract. No risks at all!

E96W2PCQPQYeJ-Sq-zUwOE0cYf6ZdN_P9fD12B__1b9bSvJKP9pujG06-D_hSWtikz7ZrEBuesllkQqSuKfvEViqb0feqTNs9l5aJmgspDDZ9biNhQqvZ7_Z6H0YjxoNVjC1C2w

Experienced Namibian international signed for one season in midfield. Great leadership and can slot in defensive mid. Signed on the cheap also!

WblwkXvuhYYKWpbvWL8n_T3Q4WAH_xXzLn36JOEH1faZU3GEgj5mS9HdPuabJ3_P11wwr0BLmHt7gG2g9VHBJspQYXhlVOr31uuxdUJlLmX2BeOqCA0pRs-4il6jcKljKZlLrOY

Experienced English midfielder, provides another option in midfield, signed for one season due to age concern.

CvpQwmNceYFXQeYef5z1P3VH04hbrn-OmULrTZ_eACF51HVquN2OlvjwEd6VFtpMxTAmFLjLwL-UxQvPojLuF2224pAINsfLSXrdSUp-GoiDKvTcICPRTFLyfcSLlna2aaQFGnI

Loaned from Luton. No risk signing, fast player, can cover both wings.

i33M5tp51-2FZp4BjmYgk1Gp6NRQHz01joxxQULFFRjZtPUZ7zyYO5jLlw23CZdHlXvk07GEE5e9K-at4GlMFg2vYoQDIY1D79C4dKim9fSqWsxbJoBvz4yQaenZ0AiBgLpINbY

Spanish Journeyman, backup for midfield, signed on non-contract so no risks at all.

-z4_k9_qhsperBu_8QVpRepEsfUzSQyzEtTjkiIq4_s1In8VbxYVsRtWJrxy96l1Bty3tcXUobR2dP1TV1mJ4ZAASTW0wqfknjRPy-QzSydSZ2EGaXAxNfaNcXSqbwcCJPASb0k

Decent player for League two level,experienced Nigerian international, despite the advanced years he can still provide due to high heading and decent pace, only issue is lack of natural fitness. Cheap wages and only one year contract. Not a bad addition to defence line.

W7SUHkzdpMvNE2c3mpD3ePqUhQxORODxIKIVXa0CfqJ8_AOceO48LNKy5I4G_6NUhzFPTzsMndAAhI2etngaKFHpkJEBmVcaqeqtsVtaR8tP_JqoejNOterTE223YRNuxb5naI4

Experienced Ghanaian international, a bit slow defender but decent attributes for this level. Signed on non-contract so no risks at all.

7ejIvaqPRAq_XfS0lFCb4jtYkY2WWIX14qxvqp7HgatypcVb4iHK1R0ideKTlM9L1bcnrdL-d88I3efbEvP6uJ21Gq-5yPYXUytno6sx9xVEHoaABh4uxVJ4_36nkQjIn8PHlfQ

Backup for Matt Fish at right back. Non-contract so no risk at all.

Might add more before transfer window shuts but don’t expect much.

Best Players

Along with the new arrivals, I had a better look at my squad and I see these two important for the upcoming season.

slE8LzqvKHyDidxu14SXy-RHQLumS-enpGPdUIXwwTzzb0rGCWTsxv8LCYGVMWYs-238Ke9i90inEKfDu8Y43MAd-g5vsOzu8wq0A7l5gFR5tSbmFMTYG8Q859Ru6ef3OTYoroc

My best striker, target man with good work rate and high penalty taking skills. Expect him to lead the line.

eedI9pEgI5flQlm2QlIOzFLBhOvJGYLERjh0hWlgBZFNh6D9Un5rvu5C8zcr3uSq7uo0NtrKWlU_h1VJ8kQuEnaIqMD90SF5RIv4KAWTdQVsSZkGR2LVy9dq-Vl3StNu5PB29VA

Fast striker, can play on wings, only 20 so will expect him to improve. Leading player for Vanarama Conference Division.

Tactics
Main tactics for the season include 4-3-2-1 and 4-2-2-2 with advanced wingers. Will adjust accordingly to each opponent. Instructions include to float the ball for target man, direct and play into space, close down less to conserve players fitness. Will tweak more going into the season but find the teams in lower leagues play well when not having too many instructions and using speed to exploit the defenses.

Pre-Season Fixtures

L9bM6m87ELfpzfsznQgT3y7W4lbS7OXfRJ63BJoNtmwwxkczc1aPsk7ABU_dCJmS61LgkUzatH0Oy-WBNbbHtj4ofrOYthslDKsMO1kELGVYypYhgH5rV-_b-hjDFp-oixfRkyw

Good pre-season, team finding the back of the net well, the only meaningful game was against Chesterfield from League One, was undone by a hat trick. But bodes well for the upcoming season.

Onwards for the first game!
ZdjWtqWWwHVFDUiZqytEr7dcZsgdJ1j4VV9bezNf1KZds5Bn6AYNDivyxOBzjbD51qxd4_xIfm_x-9lj64SKoEL9xP0lSAmT9HHpCyF9_lrrkmtEoQWeAkB5EvOt51BECBvTHo4

Upcoming Fixtures
zqv8Z5pHrthO8QQuBhDiWRAd_enyc1yNGQG_NoVE8VDrcoFOgJ_Y2xBlMxPXh7Vo1gLruNm_eGDu0q9w3FzyS8B_o7KdGKabPntALxFiFFFkUyE2C8_qYoLeoFA1NTAj5wVvkhk

Last edited:
Sensational catch-phrase for the Ebbsfleet Online :p
Good to see someone paying some attention! Will be slipping in more things like that in the future as I am still trying to figure out a good way to present this story.

Good to see someone paying some attention! Will be slipping in more things like that in the future as I am still trying to figure out a good way to present this story.

I really like the presentation so far, well laid out and easy to read :)

August 2014 Overview

8Ab0IEkWydRL1NNHaAdqUwUCj8W89qHraD2NIxKDPNUm9Oc8hT6lC7vO-OUR0ATWVax3tiMEhlbu9IbjZueYsJC1QMXWdR9WsAlKJhatlOJNWX7i0_PRtCpJX5P-glBiyjJ72vI

Ebbsfleet Utd F.C. Player of the Month - August
I have created this award for Ebbsfleet Utd players only. Anyone can go for this award as long they have tried their hardest in training, play well when I pick them for games and outstanding behavior. Designed to whip the players into shape and get them motivated!

CNau9lJXsnC2q49HlN23e8cDXQRH6RiC3pQHp2v7SFm1w7ZpCc9xBAsqqUP-dXcyHj6AdQeeN7nT_B-rpOPBAGAaaQ66dtbDo-BXdhkNglV_I9ZLR7DCWKUbSvfKh1SZXqg26mA

Danny Kedwell - ST(C)

4 goals in 3 games! 32 year old target man has been playing superb, big danger for the opposition defenders, is often marked heavily, allowing space to open up for wingers to exploit! Great team player and will be looking for more goals and assists to come! Provided I rest him well after each game due to lack of natural fitness. The only downside to him :(

August Fixtures Review
vZxDzqerxZ9PdT1ZBn-ZWzLUbf1jgXqfIMyRYL8QN7FeUaaFxQhIFMeATTK3BCSU3XtUW5BuanXKqily4vlDiH6PU2RTW7tAYGLAJS0RuN7A2V3nc0bFZpImaiFDGA6TFd1rWzQ

Concord Rangers 2-0 Win
Good start to the season with this game. Kedwell grabbed a penalty goal after Marsh, playing on the left wing was tripped in the box. Highlight of the game was debut Oliver Risser firing a low rocket from 30 yards out into left bottom corner to tie up the game. Nine debuts were started in this game.

Havant & W 2-1 Win
Balanced game with us snatching a late goal from a corner with Bonner placing a header into the goal. Cunnington got us to a flyer with a great goal from a tight angle after receiving a long pass from Fish at right back. Havant & W fought back in the 12th min with a goal from a corner.

Whitehawk 1-0 Win
Tight game away from home, balanced in terms of possession, Whitehawk had more shots on goal with 9 to our 4 but they had 0 on target to our 2! Kedwell our scorer after receiving whipped in cross in the box area from Walley on the right

Wealdstone 2-1 Win
50/50 possession, had better chances with 2 clear cuts, Godden scoring after cutting in from the right wing. Wealdstone fought back with a stunner from edge of the box but we finished them off with Lewis receiving the ball on the far post from a cross and volleying it into back of the net.

Basingstoke 2-2 Draw
50/50 possession with us getting more shots on goal but less clear cut chances. Kedwell scoring twice with assists from midfielder Gower. Basingstoke drawing level after the break with two goals. One from a corner and another lobbed other the heads of our defenders for the opposition striker to collect and smashed into the net past the stranded keeper.

Looking at our stats for these games, I noticed we have dominated the aerial department constantly.
Time for me to tinker more with the tactics then.

Current League Position - 1st
I know it says played 6 games! Forgot to screenshot at 5!
View attachment 226056
Perfect start!

Upcoming Fixtures

IlTU-QEctYikKQQG_G9uriddqJX4xBqG5v5SI7pV3j_oSoA_syUqum2X9bTU5-UZrIGZbnaxdUVLQt8LZQpJzNCBIAiUXoKLhKKygzw4d3n6NUwD_ow79n0gYiAOUIHejf1ErR8

Couple of away matches to get through then get started with FA cup qualifying! Hoping for continuation of form in September.

Last edited:
Looking good mate. When I was in the UK I lived out that way at Gravesend for a bit so I'm familiar with Ebsfleet. Will be following with interest!!

September Overview

Manager of the Month

lgZZVtTB1MlvJOWmoVnDvXh7e5RpiKfeO04Qf3B_EqE2LALVkKBRiQgTBWuIPum0jcTMnwJ_J2SERnsQ-dxrhNmveed6BgoKaGqboZMGe8TQGs6Av4voCj_XS3m1Is1T27c=s1600

Great to have picked up this award for four victories in September! A testament to my ever evolving management skills!

Ebbsfleet Utd F.C Player of the Month - September

5rgbmOTxMajAJheoWdxdZ9eHTK-ohUV_Apu0iyvCGtj6F-qWKRsxlwLFWROZEdAio_FPeNAsghC4_7L2oYlnENroVoVaLM4t_lUG7A57FNUr9dFJUaiKtkIte9gVJ-Zh=s1600

Sam Sodje - Defender (C)
Impressed me on the training grounds after recently coming back from a twisted knee last month. 35 year old Nigerian defender was picked for the Hayes and Sutton games, part of the rearguard keeping a clean sheet and also laying on a cheeky long pass assist! He was man of the match for the Sutton game. Sam is a newcomer into the team, carries a wealth of experience playing 3 games for Reading in Premier League back in 2006 and was part of Leeds team in the Championship. Can’t wait to see more from him!

D1gBuCGuOboIqq16v0JBL6XfitwDek6pWo-geWBZ2OY_UTv3p7Rij5vybFj4Yf6Bfm2RzysVFSTAwORXgLLFmlI3yNvQYUnWVfIZc4XsT4hfs0GFM0ax7eomtJe9hu6yZvo=s1600

September Fixtures

LKRUA5a1Ps5-m8d0Ibcb9WMD5moXZkg_YuYyiivZ_E_2ubrblJyv47eibLsppSN3UM9SKbDbDNFn4zaC32b__I3snpvYdsWQKOXXeevSOCYEV5pEU0WkDFrpdl7MsmZXOd0=s1600

Another unbeaten month in the league with tight wins and a FA Cup Qualifier!
Our ability to burst out of the starting gates is seen in the first two wins before grinding out wins and a draw for rest of the month. Good to see the defense finally improving with me finding good partnerships. Kedwell continues to shine with 3 goals in 3 games and Alex Osborn had a good month filling on the left wing.

St. Albans 3-2 Win
All the action happened in the first half with Alex Osborn playing on the left wing laying on a assist for Kedwell in the 3rd min from a whipped cross and also being on the end of a good move. St Albans pegged us back after each goal till Marsh put the final one away in the extra time. Second half was a disappointment with both teams see-sawing and wasted shots. Neverless a good solid victory.

Weston-super-Mare 3-2 Win
A repeat of the St. Albans game with a busy first half with Cunnington filling in for Kedwell, putting away two penalties and Shields coming in off the right wing to score his first. Weston-Super-Mare replied after the break with two good counter attack moves before I ****** told the team to tighten up and start defending!

Hayes & Yeading 1-0 Win
Marsh got us off well with a flyer in 2nd min. After that Hayes dominated the game and we were unable to break them down. Credit to the defenses for both teams.

Sutton Utd 1-0 Win
A poor match with us only shooting 4 shots to their 7 and all were misses except for Kedwells winner in 75th min after pouncing on a loose ball in the goal mouth. Credit for our defense for grinding it out again!

Maidstone FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round 1-1 Draw
Toughest game of the month, due being a FA Cup game where its the best chance of picking up cash to help out in the long run. Maidstone play in the Isthmian Premier Leagues. Was played away from home and scouts told me they played a very attacking game. So played with Kedwell up front with wingers and a three man midfield to help close down the opposition and defend deeper. Worked well in the first half with Kedwell finally scoring on a loose ball in front of the goal mouth after a tussle in extra time. Told the lads to dig in and be prepared for a fight back in second half as we struggled to get anywhere near the goal. Held on well till Bodkin managed to find a gap and got around Maddison(GK) to score. Was annoyed but got determined to see out the game with a win so told the lads to just throw everything at the Maidstone goal but it was not to be after both teams lost players to red cards and injuries towards the end of the game.

oFKBpE4gFV6FfXmzJ41FsyE7QONtI_2zBVHtM06zGhWUWgENhF0GoYkx9ZBYj1fNl9R8fTLVGFqvDhWNuQd_XCyeKkR3ff0axawv_FcJa7xZSzW_s42nW8gRfXwMVbTSvA=s1600

Current Table

etXPCoLaWNZlX5_J8nOGOFkvWKuFbaKerIHTQdvxGck1aM6XbYIhmw8iJyAAiNWa7UkmafFt32zZbcqvzdixrbMYQzZGqxqEST0SfpFD_mfXrbgfdcFoIxQ_jMfxwuLY_g=s1600

Still on at the top after nine games, still on a undefeated run! Good to see our good start also allow us to start pulling away from the other teams.

Upcoming Games

w2w6j3xU5QIuJaEZIFZaX7Qnwm5zu4YgfWl2R9-ocsiTJWH5r1plZ0hpq0HdiF8lDD4loJ6Xd3wtbP8GyXmYR-9Gi-AJ9rh-S-fsdLM61RHwQosOp3uePf7Q5prAKcuY=s1600

Four home games including the FA Cup replay should see us some wins and a haul of points to continue our form.​

Last edited:
View attachment 225633
Monday 18th October​

Full Steam Ahead Captain!

Ebbsfleet Utd F.C. continued their fine unbeaten run with a draw against lowly Hemel Hempstead. Ebbsfleet run looked to be ended by Zane Bantons devastating pace that lead to two goals in the first half dominated by Banton himself. Ebbsfleet after the break managed to pull one back to draw the game with Stuart Lewis producing the goods in 51st minute. Match Report - click here

Ebbsfleet now have racked up 12 games unbeaten, with only two draws away from home. Manager Davey Jones is the man behind the unbeaten run according to the leading striker Danny Kedwell.

“the gaffer has been a delight to work for, makes you feel at ease and always listens to us even thou he does not have to. The team have been enjoying taking what he has to say on board and training sessions are much more fun to do”

Davey Jones has had the team firing well from the start of the season with Danny Kedwell scoring 7 in 9 appearances. Ebbsfleet has the second highest defensive record with 11 goals conceded in 12 games and fourth highest scoring record with 27 goals. This has put the team firmly in the seat for promotion.

We wanted to ask Davey Jones about his success but he could not be approached for comment but assistant manager Tim Coe had this to say.

“I was skeptical about Davey when he approached me about the assistant job back in June. I thought he was a crazy guy from nowhere but after listening to him about his ideas and how he wants his team to play I was hooked. Davey is a hard worker, always first in and last to leave. If there is no training on, he would either be in his office reading scouting reports or out in the community teaching school kids. He has created a relaxed environment and has led him to get his ideas across with the players easily and they know that if they have a problem, he can be contacted 24/7 anywhere.”

Davey Jones has embedded himself in the community well, mixing with fans after the games, listening to their long yarns and glory days. Jones, despite not having any experience of managing has seem to gotten the gist of it so easily. But some fans are not so easily convinced if he is the right guy to led the club. They reckon that Jones joined what it was already a promotion challenging squad, putting down his unbeaten run to luck.

Managerial genius or a lucky git?
We shall find out further down the season.

Next weekend Ebbsfleet will be playing against our most hated rivals, scumbags Dartford at home for the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round. Upcoming game special report - click here

By James Parker

October Update will be shipped in soon. :p
Stay tuned!

Sorry for the troll links but gotcha eh!? (6)

Last edited:
October Update

October Fixtures

UC--cJzMgNMOmvw8OGaAWG4E-5nsun3HyVHwaUmfmFG1ou6NdDzArzk0CkVCnYZIIaYGyTn1HZ-_lMHGudCGI4wez4uVSqp9oelqvg_RYmNippiy_QcgiLhZudtguzmrnKA=s1600

Another unbeaten month! Unbelievable! Our schedule changed a bit due to our participation in the FA Cup Qualifiers so only 3 league games this month.​

Maidstone FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Replay 4-0 Win
A much improved display at home for the replay! Tyrone Marsh was man of match due to Maidstone unable to cope with his pace and accuracy of his shots. I played a very attacking 4-2-4 with wingers to get us off to a good start and it worked with Cunnington scoring in the 5th min. Cunnington also set up his striking partner Marsh for his first goal of the game. We drew Clevedon in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round.

YCL23JCwfaYOJcUQL33DwdliSkTWH9peK7S6XxIE-26hXiTYWQ58-ROze4K8uBu0mIDGX1ejFj3tn6GBW78QMQugMte6OXW7F_2RG8jeeXCs5a1mqvxzZyRg-0okEz4M=s1600

Farnborough 2-0 Win
Played away from home, Farnborough dominated the match and yet we came out on top with Bonner heading in from a corner with a cross for Alex Osborn. Osborn would then score in the 81st min when I moved him from the wing to up front.

Eastbourne Boro 6-1 Win
Best win of my career yet. Team got off to a good start with Cunnington hitting the back of net after Marsh’s missed chance. From there the gates opened for us to score more with Marsh, Theo Lewis, Kedwell(Sub), Langmead and Shields finding their shots go in. Shaun Whalley also played his best game yet providing 2 assists. Downside was conceding a goal in 86th min. Theo Lewis picked up the Man of the match in his rare start with a goal and assist.

iI75fS_3wjcUuSHoR1k9h-RgiNXroyf63lfdqcj8TE8s6aT4IwLtjJs12-Vw3Qt66lkoveez9aBOvG1dfW-5H6tuJjaBPuAsaFhhAQoF82t8XuxxEShH0RLrul6OADJVAM4=s1600

bbv9TKU22Oe_qRY5Dx-BG2DGCW2RZ3ZBD6-PiIJtZ7ikkLYvY8FxRJFwgkYI0FYI3gOGnWe4UfJINgyM9QbBtfs1i6Z7-YEUEbFtwBIogPTO5qj-LMJFyfeLh3xjIvXwkg=s1600

Four players in the Team of the Week. All from defence too! I would have nominated my whole team for this. Oh well at least the defence is getting recognized for their hard work in training and its paying off on the field.

Clevedon FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round 3-0 Win
50/50 in possession but we dominated the shots department with Marsh picking up the Man of Match gong again with his two well taken goals provided by Kedwell. Shields also got on the score sheet again with a fluke goal from the wing, a wayward cross that sailed over the stranded keeper into the back of the net.
We get to progress to the 4th Qualifying Round against our hated rivals Dartford of Vanarama Conference.

Hemel Hempstead 2-2 Draw
Disappointing game, we struggled in this one away from home against 20th place Hemel Hempstead. Zane Banton scored 2 against us in the first half totally dominated by him. The only good thing that came out of the first half was Sodjes first goal for the club. In the second half we started to attack heavily and were rewarded with Stuart Lewis burying his shot in the 51st min. Then the game fizzled out. Unbeaten record remains intact for now...

Current Table

6HkFx-1aKexz-3rVvrmIjYuIBI5dXCmdEWLFYQSBbfuL8SuL2JBUR5LAs0VHK7S7r6B8op17SSJTAZTeYwkqGgSnfuUeSYIf7mLfMCNJ6hP6_4hTdEDztM2L1fVTqSBBpg=s1600

Still on at the top after twelve games, this run is getting ridiculous seriously. We are the only team that has not been beaten this season yet in England!

Tactics

I play the 4-2-4 with wingers at home and against easy opposition and the 4-3-2-1 is used in the harder games.
I often use guys that are versatile so I can easily change up tactics without bringing anyone on when things go downhill.

sUz4JbuRDJgGH2xFMZCwy25yFEFnWlcsZzlRQO43lYoHR2rUcj7oe53LZROccn74RbMmKTgULxiXtgtCfGZDYUySU2pnMj-edeXkyGUhH7OmXNyXyLFRtnOqp0tvYCFdCvo=s1600
ZBVG7JDHLvoXPySAjmNc7VwD16XICQH2ByeG8cNtX49_f7cznsjWDZZYYTMhLm9qYOJGYuASuXE-xD7wQ_XILzPGPT5ItSWRAM98zG_vGU0ZpaMaLBTSc-HdRrBkVXhiTw=s1600

Upcoming Game
FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round against our fierce rivals Dartford!​

Last edited:
Love this story, I'm doing an Ebbsfleet challenge myself. Godden and Shields have been beasts for me.

Good Luck with rest of the season.

Love this story, I'm doing an Ebbsfleet challenge myself. Godden and Shields have been beasts for me.

Good Luck with rest of the season.

Godden for me unfortunately has been hit with a injury so far(he has recovered) and also have no room for him at all due to Kedwell playing well, on the other hand Shields has not been a bad player so far. Thanks for liking the story!:D

Last edited:
October Update

Ebbsfleet United F.C. VS. Dartford F.C.

yF4UB8Qpga1YlH4bywTEpmRgqWppZCu-yVLfSXIpMMBU-TOKyWTdpAr6NpnNzy-ymgaEOVCz1RgSpiNRD7yxLD_wfmx0_o60BGh_kMR3rddriZWaLszgAah9kwfGAvUb=s1600
TskFUliYagGpm3eZvYKcFBCSy4VDTaVrTEuAVm87Bpavszd2gsJLNIuS-RoJWavcURpkH_m4i_pPHnoLqfyBdex0LMIYgQ2oiXgR9NBM8I2lghecc4YULZnm0cd4t3AjAjw=s1600

zXH6_KFOHPMrADAi3-dbRxjTFzkZwiz751jvHmY04M3BOr84cZ-vsJ_3-2gPsyN8_yeANDC2IWm5L2cLlnNdpOGTM0wv16VNvpe0zJpgdW3I2bPVXKRKXNb_w2z5myB2zqQ=s1600

Local Derby and FA Cup Qualifier 4th Round

This was going to be a huge game as I wanted to progress further in FA Cup and get one up over our Vanarama Conference Rivals-(remember we are still in south division)

The FA Cup draw picked us to play at home, our fortress where we have not lost or drawn a single game yet this season.

2092 people are in the attendance for this game, the biggest this season. Both teams come onto the pitch, Ebbsfleet led by leading scorer Kedwell.

vpL8PKtR741azAV047GhuVjNS2ojVVPZ0MHuoh81-U_m2A4PYs_ny3PMHE6wrdD8jz38zApuXHeH0Wyj64fKXnhpOJD7NXhE-HEZea79x4-zaPzldU7ANn0yVczz0E0cGg=s1600

Whistle blows and the game gets underway. Ebbsfleet is under pressure straight away for 14 mins with numerous shots testing Maddison. Hayes finally breaks our defence and scores from a tight angle. Dejected, Ebbsfleet restart the game and this time they are in control as Dartford start sitting back to protect their lead.

Shot after shot was wasted as the lads tried their luck from way out, causing me to tell the lads just work the ball into the box. Our breakthrough moment comes as Gower passes the ball towards Shields deep on the right wing who then adjusts his body and whips in a cross towards the near post where Kedwell meets and strikes on the volley into the net!

Crowd roars and Ebbsfleet are back in the game. Lads continue to press the opposition till the whistle blows for half time. Second half saw the same from Ebbsfleet passing the ball around, testing the Dartford defence. Chances dried up as neither team could find a breakthrough and game finished as stalemate. Obviously I would have preferred to win this than having to go to do a replay but the lads were tired and felt it was a fair result between the teams.

ToGkTSbmZzItVPKuaBxT9EdXXXxH3EKiplmT8NYkGe7wZIeMruYCWxQZIFYPdCNCIChgXw7hIgZt63Jii4l1HxOrIzqnpr1ah1Ygk0l9stJGbUNKCy0SNuBh8fRrn1aSubQ=s1600

The replay match was scheduled to be play on Wednesday following the last game. Thankfully our other matches were postponed till later in the season.

4DJysNPEoZaAW7LAmZu_mNcLeDvIvH1ryDerDHGu0Tj4ao1FYoNMPpWifE8nAhBYr57b7WAgaSol1B_wuEi_d7x4ShKXvvzMywkiL-ZbNdKYXPD7rNZLgpZ4EHQb8GKK=s1600

Local Derby and FA Cup Qualifier 4th Round Replay

Wet, muddy and **** playing surface summed up the Replay game.

rrOoqsy0ls9Jj21h1XkSG7YQNE4Aj7H47AULJ0gzKDR5z0PC90PCBwoG1ijcqqZ02MfShjlDSlz1GZxkKhd3HjsDp6C2Wt1KTjRy4BwlJ7rg0RghpBpu7WOa3YBxCbQM5w=s1600

This time I decided to go all out attack and started the team with the 4-2-4 with wingers.

QaS1WOaJKv_LYOpWccELYV5lLmrhSUNMXbbvYFdwazxh5kidSroky9rucOkc0SeddrDdPPJ_2vaZo_o2E-rSETYGuHEbjRf1l9HLLrhHGeS7WXI9JVX_8Wfze2FGQB3V=s1600

Dartford started the match poorly with Lee Burns sent off for sliding in on Alex Osborn. With one man advantage we scored the first goal of the match with Shields whipping in the cross that Kedwell volleyed into the net. Dartford after the setbacks started to counter attack and almost got away with a few chances.

After the first half break the boys got another goal from a set piece. Mark Gower sets up the cross for Bonner, attacking the near post heads it in. Think the game was over by now? Wrong. Dartford replied instantly with Harris scoring from 20 yards out. Then after our attack broke down deep in their half, they swiftly countered attack and Maddison was picking the ball out of the net as Harris celebrated his second after getting free in the penalty area.

Fuming at Dartfords comeback, I made substitution changes and this had a knock on effect with Risser supplying Osborn the ball which in turn was passed to Kedwell in the penalty area, taking all the time in the world to apply the finish. Dartford struck back quickly again with another 20 yard goal scored by Bradbrook. Chances were missed from both teams and tiredness kicked in as the game stopped at 90 mins 3-3.

Extra Time

With no substitutions left and having the man advantage, I went full on attack, knowing that Dartford players were more exhausted than mine. We dominated the possession and had two corners to score from. But half time approached and I told the lads to go hard or go home. We had four corners in row that were dealt with easily by Dartford. 119th min, our fifth corner, Gower exhausted, swung the ball in and the man of the match Tom Bonner met the ball with a fierce header into the goal! Celebrations erupted from the sidelines as the team mobbed Bonner.

IiYqQAWiVbye6xT6BNRuOGp_eEK3GGnJ6IYV-moRAhisxNELvNIWx1QL5scySgbVM1kupD9FWEuOcYDCslPX_PMXRbpRE9Je3rKyn9rWH2VAe55riIX_E7GRj4HFA-aI6A=s1600

Get it in Bonner!!!

YmePZBcvvdFgoSMM0vrS9DvZbPQovF3gpT3pcm1FfdpbxA02Nx58FocWA_65ukFFggWEUjWw-myv__GLCqd5DK2ElpRvjCpB4dY-KmI3bcnfJ7YblzfHIh8Pj77LlC505JQ=s1600

Q3UTirAo1y1FNaDcDKZZrwKJIJXEHj88Eyswq24qxoX5zSonc6Dr_ll1N1r6fJohVnZDPmSV1IKDyGl64wfGg8jWjN2OPRHoxv4E6sTIV8xj1oHAvuSJPqFfp17SXJDuhw=s1600

October Overview

October Overview

Ebbsfleet Player of the Month - October

Tom Bonner - Defender (C)

RjwXEUeH4ei9yaEcpzeQ056pfct3xIcuFXkEpZRL6vWs_MtUg4qTawVEAd5GQWPwMPzaUOE4qIURTc5J_1k8I1167iAI2wLog9BlAzNWPRolv-aTYN6kzA2lqb8n7X1yrQ=s1600

Played 5 times this month with an average rating of 7.8, 3 goals, 1 assist and man of the match award for the amazing display against Dartford in the FA Cup replay. Tom has become a reliable defender for me and has the ability to get up the other end and score.

Cups Draw

JZ0CWnTaEIcJoReq65pshOCqqFKbs-XZlKDz-oLHt5zYGhtJVUa1tgbEPwaxJrnbNlPivcCuLvvpl4T6Gsh0Pa0or0f1J47mIyLWKUYH-V3xifrwHudcEa-qhDij9DVlEvw=s1600

FA Cup 1st Round Draw has given us a away game against Kidderminster. Kidderminster play in the Vanarama Conference, one level above us and are currently 8th in the league. Will be a tough game.

English FA Trophy has been drawn and we play against Bashley from Southern League Division One.

Finances

mVWrrEtIQ9M6OcnZlml-EX9EjUrlGAsyFlXbH5ED5j2nS8-Mw9oURd8beBOsirat5cM8vyZMpECg2aTe0MOmK3CKiBmZUJanDdDqjZzyP_0HxCtacgPD6mNfQhzg12QTpBM=s1600

Last month has seen us getting our first profit with high gate receipts from the Dartford game and 12K prize money for beating them. Not flash but expected in lower leagues.

Upcoming Fixtures

HJ75d3z1qGasT6aqmJ1KKM7xiw1Qkx9LZ3wHbhjLY-GgaRUYuoEXK-m7rdvZVe7eihiNXjxhGzPs-V6Q-ZOcQgBzGyglGNHT28hx_Q646GYQ8YPUN__iFYIIed7lSK6x=s1600

Big month coming up for us. With the form the team is in I can be confident up picking up a big haul of points and progressing in both of the cups to the next round.​