Perhaps it is possible to add a trial-contract to the players to a random club, for 1 week or so from the start? That way they won't be attached at least, but it might make it more likely that they sign for that specific team.

I started one of these games and had exactly the same problem when I tried to add unassigned players.

I am obviously doing something wrong but any player I add to the database only seem to show up if assigned to a team.

It would make sense if none of the players showed up, but only 7-8 of the 20 seem to be missing.

I am currently setting up a new game to see if Znik's suggestion worked.

Perhaps it is possible to add a trial-contract to the players to a random club, for 1 week or so from the start? That way they won't be attached at least, but it might make it more likely that they sign for that specific team.

Let me see if your previous suggestion has worked. If not, this will be my next step.

Thanks for the help, guys. :D

EDIT: Unfortunately, the previous one did not work. I will give trial contracts to all players at lower league clubs, and see if they sign on for new clubs.

If I am not too late:
Name: Shaun Leigh Brown

Date of Birth (day/month) *year will be 1998* : 12/05
City of Birth: Kissimmee, FL
Nation (max. 2): American, Irish
Languages (max.3): English, Irish, Spanish
Height (centimetres): 197
Weight (kilograms): 82

Position: ST
Best mental attributes (2) (not determination): Work Rate, Composure
Best physical attributes (2) (not natural fitness): Strength, Pace
Best technical attributes (3) *should aid the player in playing up front* : Finishing, Long Shots, Heading
Strongest foot (right/left): Right
Preferred moves (max.2):
Order from high to low (ambition, loyalty, professionalism): A, P, L

Favoured clubs (max.2): Aston Villa
Disliked clubs (max.2): Rapid Vienna :)

Ok guys, I'm at a loss here.

I've tried several methods and none of them have worked. I don't seem to know what the problem is.

If someone can offer a solution, I will try it.

Otherwise, I can add the players to different teams in the Conference North/South, if you guys agree.

I'm totally agree. If this is a working solution, let's do this mate.

Ok guys, I've assigned all the players to teams and we should be good to go in a couple of hours.

I will be starting another thread for the main story and discussion. :D

Thanks for the support!