Mike Merrick

Reaction score

0,,10440~3397212,00.jpg

I'm not really one for words, and my spare time to write epic stories like the ones, so I'm going to let the screenshots do a lot of the talking. I hope you don't see this story as being a lazy one. :)

2012-02-16_00003.jpg

2012-02-16_00002.jpg

I'll update again this evening. (After I go to the pub) |)​

​"Football is all about entertainment, and that is what I promise the Lincoln fans." - Mike Merrick.

Despite a media prediction and expectations of a mid-table finish, rookie manager Mike Merrick has claimed to the board that he can win the Blue Square Bet Premier title, and take Lincoln back to the Football League at the first time of asking.

The Lincoln board, impressed with this confidence and optimism, have granted additional funds for the wage budget this season.
Despite having no transfer funds, Merrick has said claimed that him and his staff should have no trouble finding quality players for no fee.

Merrick makes wing-back Darville first signing

C0D2CADC57E529890D0503617208A60D31C6529A

Mike Merrick has wasted no time in bringing new faces into the Lincoln squad, signing former Leeds right back Liam Darville on a free transfer in his first full day as Lincoln manager.

Stockport County and League 2 side Burton Albion had also made offers for the 20 year old, but Darville, said to be impressed by the facilities and ambition of Lincoln City, plumped for a move to The Imps.​

12/07/11

IMPS SECURE DOUBLE SIGNING

009__034__players__Peter_Weatherson__1277714521_standard.jpg

images

Lincoln boss Mike Merrick today confirmed that Peter Weatherson and Thomas Lyskov had joined the club.

Weatherson, 31, joins from Scottish First Division side Morton for £12,000.
"I'm impressed by his set-piece ability. He was a quality player for his old club and I hope he can get a few more goals for us as well!", said Merrick, at a press conference unveiling the two players.

Lyskov, 19, is a former Reading youth product signed on a free transfer.
"Thomas is a great player, can play anywhere down the left, lots of pace, very versatile. He'll be going straight into the first team with Peter."

5BFDACE69A28147CB4704CAF34595F698637B626

Pre-season results for y'all.
Not bad at all, goals coming from all over the pitch, so no real worry yet that we'll need to rely on our strikers.
Just as well, really. New signing Jamie Longworth didn't score any in pre-season.

On the bright side, Ali Fuseini and Thomas Lyskov are performing well and are looking like good prospects for this season.​