robbieboro

Reaction score
Rise of The Roma Empire
Bringing the Glory back to Rome
View attachment 257435

Rome, the Capital of Italy, with a population of nearly 2.8 Million, is a huge and stunning city, a city full of passionate and eccentric Italians, who adore the national sport of Football. Roma should be one of the largest clubs in the world, huge Stadium, a massive fan base and the lure of the stunning city with its vibrant atmosphere and relaxed lifestyle. Everything is in place for Roma to become a giant of the Footballing world.

2012-07-04_1950.png

On the international stage Italy has produced four World Cup winning teams and finishing as runner- up on two occasions. Lifted the European Championship once and came in as runners-up once.
At club level, clubs from Italy have won 12 European Cups, AC Milan (7), Inter Milan (3) and Juventus (2). Yet the capital cities most popular club has failed to make any impact on the biggest stage in club football, the closest they have come was runner-up in 1984. Roma’s one and only success in Europe, was in the UEFA cup of 1961, over 40 years ago.

2012-07-04_1914.png

Honours.png

Domestically Roma have won only three League title’s, compare that to, Juventus (27), AC Milan, Inter Milan (18), Genoa (9), Bologna (7), Torino (7) and Pro Vercelli (7), Roma are left in the shadows of their rivals. Runners-up on eleven occasions, Roma are dubbed the ‘Nearly Team’………. things needed to change!

April 2011, Roma are about to be taken over by Thomas R. DiBenedetto, a wealthy American businessman. He plans to install Luis Enrique as manager, the former Barcelona B coach, and sets out to signs a host of players before the takeover has been complete. Erik Lamela, Maarten Stekelenburg, Gabriel Heinze, Pablo Osvaldo and Miralem Pjanic are brought in at huge cost, along with the loan signings of Bojan Krkic, Fernando Gago and Simon Kjaer. Hours before the takeover is complete, it falls through, with reports of tax evasion within DiBenedetto’s company, Roma look to be heading for trouble.

dsc8060_4161791.jpg

Early June 2011, a local Billionaire, a native of Rome, Francesco Gaetano Caltagirone who is worth an estimated £2.7b, steps in and takes full control of AS Roma. He immediately sets out his plans and sets the motion for a new manager to take control of the Roman clubs fortunes!

A host of managers were tipped to take charge at the club, but Caltagirone had other ideas, he wanted a young and determined manager, able to think outside the box and try new things. Where to find such a manager, Spain, France, Brazil…… no….. England!! The birthplace of modern Football!!

13th​ June 2011, shockwaves are sent through Italian Football, Roma appoint former Middlesbrough striker Robbie Robinson as their new manager. Robinson, who enjoyed a brief but phenomenal career, retiring at the age of 28 due to injury, had been enjoying a coaching role at Middlesbrough when he was contacted about the offer of the vacant position at the Olimpico. He stated, when first asked, that he ‘eventually planned to ease his way into a management role in the next 4 or 5 years’ and was totally caught out by the offer, but also added ‘ it’s a once in a lifetime chance and only a fool would turn it down’.

20th​ June…….. Robbie arrives in Rome
TBC

*This is my first ever FM Story, so I am just getting to grips with the whole thing. Please feel free to comment as my story progresses and any help and advice would be super!! Not sure how I plan to present the story, kinda going to be a mix of all the methods explained in the forum (except the Video kind). Plan to update every other day until im home from working away, then it will be updated as much as I can. I'm already into the season so next 2 updates will catch up to my current game play*

Just read trough and looks promising :) will surely look into this!