Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriztofa

Reaction score
Rycroft's flight to the Premiership
Leeds%20United%20Icon.png

Leeds fans were left scratching their heads tonight as a shock appointment of a rookie manager has been labelled as the club's only hope of placing their hand back into the Premiership. Simon Grayson was removed as manager apparently due to a lack of transfer funds. Grayson was quoted saying: "It's been hard getting a club like Leeds to the Championship, but I feel that Mr. Bates definitely has to put his hand in his pocket and start dishing out funds to be able to provide the club to take the big leap into the Premiership."

The bookies had tipped Alan Shearer to try his hand at managing 'United, but Bates has instead put his backing in inexperienced manager Chris Rycroft. "Chris is a true fan of Leeds and the fans would do well to stand by him, I believe he can take the club farther than Simon ever could."

"Simon was a fantastic manager for Leeds and I hope he does well in whatever career he chooses, however, I believe that I have the passion and the drive to take this club back where it belongs. Changes will be made, players will be brought in." It's reported that Rycroft has his eyes on expanding the current stadium - however this will be highly unlikely.

The only question is can Rycroft pull Leeds back up to the Premiership, or will he see the club sink lower than before?

Leeds_United_Elland_Road_view_781769.jpg

(First story, so bare with me :p)​

Great start,

I'm sure your first story will be a good one :)

Thanks! :D

I've managed Leeds before, but I'm using StuW's update and seeing how I can do with that, gonna' be a massive cleanout of the squad. :)

Really good opening post considering it is your first story. I'm sure it will be good :).

Good layout so far, Good luck trying to get Leeds back to the Premiership

LEEDS UNITED TRANSFER UPDATE

TRANSFERS IN

VICENTE GUAITA

ValenciaBadgeEdited.png
VICENTE_GUAITA.jpg_75230063.jpg
leeds_united_badge.gif

Today marked the day that Leeds set their foot in the transfer market, Chris has signed another 'Keeper as backup to Schmeicel. "I'm glad to be able to welcome Vicente here, he's another youngster and he will provide Kasper with the proper competition that he needs. He's signed on a free, but after 48 months we'll have to pay Valencia £625k, and by that time I hope to have raised some more funds for the club."

JLLOYD SAMUEL
Bolton-Wanderers-icon.png
Jlloyd%20Samuel_633640730155000000.jpg
leeds_united_badge.gif

Jlloyd Samuel signs from Bolton Wanderers on a free, which could rise up to £2million. Rycroft was quoted as saying: "We'd always had a problem last season at left-back, with Parker unfit and Andy Hughes having to fill in on a day to day basis, this was the main area I'd look to strengthen when I'd step in. I'm sure Samuel can live up to his hefty price tag and dazzle the Supporters.

MARK BEEVERS
24DCF060-9D72-A81E-EA28006B8DC656A6.jpg
0,,10304~4241924,00.jpg
leeds_united_badge.gif

Mark Beevers signs from Sheffield Wednesday on a deal worth up to 975k, this is Rycroft's third signing of the season and he looks set not to slow down. Leeds fans were delighted to have snapped up the young prospect at such a low price, especially from their rivals. "Mark had a brilliant rapport at Sheffield, we hope that he can live up to his reputation that he gained from Sheffield. I'm sure he'll do fine at Leeds and I welcome him to Elland Road."

BRIAN STOCK
DoncasterRovers.jpg
0,,10794~4296226,00.jpg
leeds_united_badge.gif

Rumours have circulated that Doncaster have allowed their former captain Brian Stock to leave Doncaster Rovers to join Championship side Leeds United on a deal estimated to be worth around £1.7 million. Leeds supporter spokesman, Andy Goodwin, issued this statement: "We don't understand why Rycroft would want to even think about signing a player who captained a side who prevented us from getting through the playoffs in 2008, he was the one who captained Doncaster!". Rycroft wholeheartedly stood with his new signing and stuck with him; "Stock is a fine player and he'll be a good choice in midfield, we lacked a solid shooter from long range and he'll be a fantastic bet to put up a good fight for a first team place."

LOAN SIGNINGS
0,,5~5447478,00.jpg
-
0,,5~6959498,00.jpg
-
daniel-nardiello.jpg

Leeds have also announced the three loan signings of; Thomas Kind Bendiksen, Jamie Ness of Rangers and Daniel Nardellio of Blackpool. "We're confident that these loan signings can bolster our squad to prevent any dangers from having low numbers within it, they're fine players and they'll definitely do well at Leeds." Stated Rycroft.

(P.S thanks for the comments guys!)

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:41 PM ----------

LEEDS UNITED TRANSFER UPDATE

TRANSFERS OUT

- Tresor Kandol: £95k.
- Casper Ankergren: £100k.
- Lubomir Michalik: £150k.
- Andy Hughes: £75k.
- Andy Robinson: £95k.

Last edited:
Thanks, the only concern about Beevers is that he's a little slow. I've never really heard of Brian Stock, but all my scouts said to get him. This is one for them :p.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

LEEDS UNITED NEWS

LEEDS ANNOUNCE PARENT CLUB LINK WITH THE GUNNERS

arsenal-badge.jpg

Leeds United have today announced their link with Premiership title challengers, Arsenal. Chairman of the club Ken Bates was seen shaking hands alongside Peter Hill-Wood and they looked set on aiding each other in any way they could. Already they have announced that they are planning Nacer Barazite, a highly rated youngster from the Netherlands, to join the Whites on a loan deal until the end of the season. Rycroft welcomed Barazite to the club; "I think it's fantastic that Ken has been able to get Arsenal as a parent club to us, it'll help us definitely in the long run, already they've announced that Barazite'll be joining us on loan. He'll be a fantastic challenger for a first team place and he'll help us in challenging for the Championship title."

LEEDS UNITED PRE-SEASON FIXTURES

RESULTS

Some mixed results from the Leeds Pre-Season friendlies, fans will be hoping to get off to a great start this season and hope to challenge for promotion by the end of the season.

I really like the layout of the signings mate :)

good job getting a link with arsenal. As a leeds fsn I will follow. Try getting de laet on loan from United he's awesome at Championship level

Really appreciate your feedback guys :D

I've been looking at De Laet, but I've already got a few signings into the club. I'm not sure whether or not I want to ruin player's chances of getting in etc, however I think De Laet'd be good backup for Crowe. Thanks for your suggestion. :)

LeedsUnited-2.png

As you can see, I'm pleased by a few of these results.

I expected to lose heavily to Cardiff and Stock proved me wrong by scoring two absolute screamers from the edge of the area on his debut. However, against Middlesbrough we were simply outclassed - I was thinking of dropping Snodgrass, luckily I didn't, we fought back from 3-0 down to win 4-3! Absolutely fantastic! 2 from Snodgrass and 2 from Nardellio!

We've got two tough games coming up, Portsmouth and Sheff Utd - so I'm still wondering whether or not to experiment with Doncaster, I'm a little torn though 'cause it's a game we definitely have to win.

leedsu.png

BREAKING NEWS!

LEEDS MOVE FOR MAN UTD RIGHT BACK DAVID GRAY

gray_280x390_696190a.jpg

After the Scunthorpe game, Leeds boss Rycroft was asked if he was going to be following up on the transfer rumour that he'd been linked with. "Chris, Jason Crowe's been ruled out for 3 weeks, what kind of a problem does that leave you with?" "Oh, a massive problem, Jason's a first team player so I'm going to have to look for a loan replacement - I'm looking at Man Utd's David Gray, he's currently on the loan list and he's exactly what we need. Until then however, Leigh Bromby will fill in for Jason."

Sorry about the delay guys, I've been playing a few other saves I have (Man Utd and Villareal) Next update tomorrow!​

Status
Not open for further replies.