Reaction score
Since I’ve been a boy, I’ve invested the majority of my time in football. At the age of 4 my older brother introduced me to this lovely sport and it hooked me instantaneously. He took me to my first live match, taught me how to play, and even helped me train. Because of this, I earned a spot in my local Hungarian club’s youth squad.

I rose through their ranks and eventually made it to the senior team at 17 years of age. Things were looking very bright. Some considered me the best young player, who would eventually lead the club to glory. I was honored and felt so lucky to be in this positions. This didn’t last long.

At 20, while playing against our rivals, one of the dirtiest defenders in the league slid in to make a tackle on me with studs up. The next part was all a haze. I remember three things: me looking up while my mates surrounded me, my right leg at the shin bending in ways that it shouldn’t...and lots of pain. It was clear that it was a compound fracture.

The doctors told me that my tibia and fibula were both broken and that I would never play professionally again.

Gutted. From the happiest moments of my life, it all came crashing down into the gutter. I recovered and two years later, tried to play for a professional team again but things were never the same again. I was never the same again. It was as if all the skills that I had had faded away. My mid-twenties were rough.

The love of my life, football(don’t tell my girlfriend), has been taken away from me. I felt lost but I knew that I still wanted to be a part of the footballing world. I talked to my old manager and asked if I could stick around to learn from them how to manage. They welcomed me with open arms. Even the fans seemed glad to see me “back” with the club. I was not on the payroll but I didn’t care. The opportunity to have unfettered access was priceless.

While learning from them, to make ends meet, I was coaching at local leagues. I tried to take what I learned and put it into action; it was starting to work. Shortly, my old club took notice.

They helped me to get a pro license and let me coach the youth team. My abilities as a coach began to blossom more and more. I learned all that I could there and now, it was time to get my Continental A licence.

The next step was to head to the UK where I underwent the year-long course and attended the residential study week at the University of Warwick in Coventry. Earning the licence was an honor. It was something that finally connected me to the game that I love so much.

With the licence on my resume, it was now time to get a job...

After waking up, I grabbed my laptop to check my mail for job prospects.

Job hunting has been a bit nerve wrecking because I wasn't sure if any club would take a chance on me. Luckily, after over a month of searching, as my funds have been dwindling, I was offered an interview by Bradford City AFC.

I am sure there are better-suited candidates, however; I am going to give it all I've got.

I told my girlfriend about the possibility of moving to Bradford... She wasn't thrilled by living in a smaller city but she supports me; plus let's face it, it's not like I have multiple offers on the table.

View attachment 146666
I am still shocked that Bradford would take such a gamble on me. I am so grateful for this opportunity even if this is just an interim position.

The board's demand is that the club must finish in the top-half of the table, which I gladly accepted.

Apartment searching is next. While I'll read up on the squad.​

Last edited:
(Since I already played some of the matches, I don't have screens of the initial lineup, financials, etc.. so bare with me)

Finally found an apartment that my girlfriend liked.

View attachment 146467

Now, onto the team...

I met the squad, which is quite a capable bunch. It should make my job a bit easier. I am fairly positive that with the lads we should be able to place in the top half of the tables.

The board only made 50K available for my transfer budget, so I won't make any earth shattering transfers. I will have to be more crafty.

I will scout players without a club first.

More to come on this later...​

Since I felt content with the majority of the squad I only brought in two youngsters. They were acquired to improve the squad in the future. With only a semi-reliable scouting report, only they made the cut.

First off, Webb-Foster:
View attachment 146334
The second is Sinclair:
View attachment 146333

They should be quite useful in the future. If they end up being a bust, then I'll attempt to sell them off.

Although Sinclair doesn't look like a superstar, his speed should be a key tool to exploit.

What I am even more excited about, beyond the new players, is that I was able to link Bradford City with Manchester United.
View attachment 146331
It will allow me to fill in gaps withing the squad, if need be, and help the club make a strong push towards promotion.​

The preseason friendlies went fairly well, minus the Man U match; that was expected, though. The experience that the lads and I can take from it is quite valuable, not to mention the TV revenue for the club.

The season started rough with a 2-1 loss against Swindon. The positive was that Sinclair, the younger I just brought on scored his for professional goal during the match.

After the initial match, the club started gelling quite well. Nothing but W. All the hard work by the lads is paying off. Another positive note was that after Sinclair's initial goal, he managed to continue scoring through the next two consequtive matches.

View attachment 146070