xDannyW

Reaction score
Aled Blackwell - 3.7.1981 - Cardiff

My life so far has been somewhat of a rollercoaster, and as I have just passed my 29th birthday I can say I have experienced a lot for someone my age.

I joined Wrexham FC in 2000. I played a few games with the club until I was signed by Kilmarnock in 2002 where I spent 3 years. This is the club I loved most, I played 26 games and scored 5 goals, not a bad record for a right-back if you ask me.

However my career took a turn for a worst when I suffered a cruciate ligament match in a league game against Hibernian. Killie decided not to renew my contract in 2005 and I was lucky to have my career back on track as I joined Doncaster Rovers. During my time in Doncaster I got married to a childhood girlfriend, Natalie. Unfortunately I tweaked my knee in my first training session and the club doctor told me I will be out of action for 6 months of my first season at the club.

When I returned to action I played 4 games during the 2006/07 season and was loaned out to Bristol Rovers, where I only managed 11 reserve appearances in the 2007/08 season. In my 11th match I collapsed in agony after a robust tackle during the Bristol derby.

I was taken straight to Bristol Hospital, where I was told the worst news I've ever heard. I will never walk again. In 2009, my wife Natalie divorced me and took our young son, Jeremy. On the 4th January 2010 I recieved news of my mothers death in a road accident. Life couldn't get any worse, I lost the will to live.

During March I was taken to hospital after collapsing in my home just outside Wrexham after an overdose of perscription pills. My former coach and friend, Joey Jones, found me as he came around to see how I was doing. He saved my life and since that day in March I have been in special care until I was allowed to leave hospital to live with Joey at his home. Joey still works as a coach at Wrexham and got me a job there assisting his training sessions.

On 6th July 2010, Dean Saunders stepped down as Wrexham manager. After me and Joey holding a long meeting with Ian Roberts, Wrexham's chairman, he allowed me to take over the job as manager of Wrexham Football Club until 2012 on £675 a week. I became the first ever wheelchair-bound manager of an British football club. An achievement I will forever be proud of.

I look back on my life and I have learnt a lot on the way. Wrexham have a very good squad for the Blue Square Premier and I am looking to take the Welsh squad back into the Football League. I have been given a transfer budget of £5,000 and wage budget of £15.5k per week.

Here are Wrexham's pre season fixtures for the 2010/11 campaign:
Peterhead (a)
Millwall (h)
Scunthorpe (h)
Buckley (a)
Cefn Druids (a)
Derby (h)
Doncaster (h)

I can't wait for the Doncaster game to meet some of my old friends at the club who gave me a second chance after I left Kilmarnock. We then start our season away at relegation candidates, Histon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

First press conference, transfer rumours and friendly scores in the next update :) This is my first story for FM2011 as I thought this would be a good storyline to go on, any comments are welcome :D