Rising Through The Ranks....Journeyman Styley!!

BallyC7

Reaction score
Who Is This Chris Ball Fella?

tXFW06hm.jpg

Chris Ball is the new kid on the block when it comes to English managers coming through the ranks. Or so I'd like you to believe! The reality though, I'm a nobody in the world of football. If you was to ask any manager in the game 'Do you know who Chris Ball is?', every single one of them would respond the same way....'no ****** idea mate'. I have no qualifications, and my playing experience only extends to pub football in a poor Sunday league.

But that's where this fairytale story comes in (or at least I hope it's going to have a fairytale ending somewhere along the line when I retire in about 50 years time). My aim - simple....to become the best manager to have ever lived. To be remembered for generations to come as the legend that is Chris Ball - the man who led his clubs to more trophies than anyone in football management history. 'Easier said than done' I hear you say....Well, this is the part where I invite you to follow me on my journey, through the disappointments, the sackings, the job hunting, the successes, the trophies....everything that comes with the job.....the job of a football manager!!

View attachment 74156

Running Story Achievements...

Managerial History:

Newcastle Jets (Australia): May 2020 - Present
Tupi FC (Brazil): January 2019 - October 2019; Sacked
Tampines Rovers (Singapore):
September 2017 - January 2019; Applied for and took another job

Job Statistics

Tupi FC: Played 30, Won 14, Drawn 7, Lost 9, Win Ratio 47%
Tampines Rovers:
Played 54, Won 30, Drawn 17, Lost 7, Win Ratio 55%

Trophy Cabinet

Empty

League Positions

2019 - Tupi FC - Brazil - Serie C - 5th
2018 - Tampines Rovers - Singapore - Great Eastern Yeo's S League - 2nd
2017 - Tampines Rovers - Singapore - Great Eastern Yeo's S League - 2nd

Last edited:
The Best of the Best

The Best of the Best

So who are the best managers to have ever walked the earth? Let's take a look at the top 5! These are the guys I am aspiring to overtake one day in the rankings as per the FM points system based on trophies won throughout their careers...

Alex Ferguson, FM Points = 4947

58rWW59l.jpg

St Mirren - 1 Scottish Championship
Aberdeen - 3 Scottish Premierships, 4 Scottish Cups, 1 Scottish League Cup, 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup
Manchester United - 1 Intercontinental Cup, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup, 4 English League Cups, 1 FIFA World Club Cup, 13 English Premier Leagues, 10 Community Shields, 5 FA Cups

Pep Guardiola, FM Points = 3243

d7YS8u1l.jpg

Barcelona - 3 La Ligas, 3 Supercopa de Espana, 2 Champions Leagues, 2 FIFA World Club Cups, 2 Copa del Reys, 2 UEFA Super Cups
Bayern Munich - 2 DFB-Pokals, 3 Bundesligas, 1 FIFA World Club Cup, 1 UEFA Super Cup

Jose Mourinho, FM Points = 2929

WuSKNnyl.jpg

FC Porto - 2 Primera Liga NOS, 1 Taca de Portugal, 2 Supertaca Candido de Oliveira, 1 Europa League, 1 Champions League
Chelsea - 3 Premier Leagues, 3 English League Cups, 1 FA Cup, 1 Community Shield
Inter Milan - 2 Serie A, 1 TIM Cup, 1 Supercoppa TIM, 1 Champions League
Real Madrid - 1 La Liga, 1 Copa del Rey, 1 Supercopa de Espana
Manchester United - 1 Community Shield, 1 English League Cup, 1 Europa League

Carlo Ancelotti, FM Points = 2875

SPMB6Vdm.jpg

Juventus - 1 EURO Vase
AC Milan - 1 Serie A, 1 TIM Cup, 1 Supercoppa TIM, 2 Champions Leagues, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 1 FIFA World Club Cup
Chelsea - 1 Premier League, 1 FA Cup, 1 Community Shield
PSG - 1 Ligue 1
Real Madrid - 1 Copa del Rey, 1 Champions League, 1 FIFA World Club Cup, 1 UEFA Super Cup
Bayern Munich - 1 Bundesliga, 1 DFL-Supercup

Mircea Lucescu, FM Points = 2624

W3iVqbpl.jpg

Dinamo Bucuresti - 1 Liga I, 2 Cupa Romaniei
Brescia Calcio - 1 Serie B
Rapid Bucuresti - 1 Liga I, 1 Cupa Romaniei
Galatasaray - 1 Spor Toto Super Lig, 1 UEFA Super Cup
Besiktas - 1 Spor Toto Super Lig
Shakhtar - 5 Kubok Ukrainy, 7 Super Kubok Ukrainy, 8 Prem'er-Liha, 1 Europa League
Zenit - 1 Superkubok Rossii

Last edited:
Job Hunting

Job Hunting

N7O7hF9l.jpg

So the big question is 'where will this journey begin?'. And the answer is....'I have no idea' as I search through the job listings. I decided that my best bet was to look to some of the less reputable leagues around the world in order to secure a job and get myself on the ladder. I wasn't fussed where I started out to be fair, with the opportunity of moving abroad actually exciting me a little! I was looking at the likes of South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia and Argentina amongst others.

Over the next couple of months, I spent majority of my time scrawling through the job ads as managers departed their clubs either by choice or the dreaded sack. As I went through the vacant positions, I tried to establish the shittest teams in the world for me to forward an application onto. Ambitious, maybe not, realistic, certainly! I applied for a number of roles with varied responses...

Deportiva Y Cultural de Pereira (Columbia) - Failed to make the shortlist
Perbadanan Kemajuan Negeri Selangor FC (Malaysia) - Interview, Rejected me as I asked for a larger wage budget than they were offering
Universitario Popayan (Columbia) - Interview, Offered me the job but I rejected it as felt the expectations of the club were unrealistic
Universiti Teknologi Mara FC (Malaysia) - Interview, Offered me the job but I rejected it as club's financial situation is so bad, they have vitually every player up on the transfer list...can't be good!
Perlis FA (Malaysia) - Interview, Offered me the job but I decided to take the job at Tampines Rovers instead
Sabah FA (Malaysia) - Interview, Took the job at Tampines Rovers before they responded
Tampines Rovers (Singapore) - Interview, Offered me the job and I accepted it

Last edited:
Singapore

sg6NqeBl.png

Relocation to Singapore

The first thing on the agenda was to look at where I was moving to. I'd accepted this job and knew nothing about Singapore or where I was going to be living....

Tampines Rovers FC are based in a town called Jurong, based in the western region of Singapore.

z8WLvvZm.jpg
VD1rZybm.jpg

rCwXvFLl.jpg

The Singapore Football League Structure

The other thing that needed some very quick research before I arrived at my new club was the league structure in Singapore. I had no idea how it worked or even what level my new club was really playing at. So here it is...

When I looked (in terms of football manager 18), it's a pretty simple one to explain. There is only one league...Great Eastern Yeo's S League. It is made up of only 9 teams!

With regards to the league placings, the winner will qualify for the AFC Champions League First Preliminary Round.
The teams finishing 2nd and 3rd qualify for the Asian Confederations Cup Group Stage (dependant on the winner/runner up of the Singapore Cup).

Last edited:
Tampines Rovers FC

DiZWSdWb.jpg

Nickname: The Stags
Year Founded: 1945
City: Jurong

Professional Status: Professional
Training Facilities: Basic
Youth Facilities: Poor
Corporate Facilities: Fairly Basic

Stadium: Jurong West Stadium
Owned By: Council
Year Built: 2006
Capacity: 4,000 all seater

Fierce Rivals: None
Other Rivals: Tampines Rovers SC (Local), Woodlands, Home Utd
Derbies: None

UKaOedHm.png

Previous Honours:

J7GoSW6l.jpg

Well it would seem that my very first club have something about them. They've won the Great Eastern Yeo's S League 3 times and finished runner up twice in the last 6 years! They have also won the Singapore Cup 3 times, although they haven't lifted the trophy for over 10 years now.

Current Position & Target

Hang on a minute...I could win a title here...there are only 6 games remaining in the league and we currently sit 5th, but only 5 points behind the team in 1st place. That would be a bit of a touch if I can add a trophy to my name after only 6 games in charge! The board's expectation at the start of the season was to win the league, so it would certainly put me in their good books if I could deliver.

View attachment 74152

Last edited:
Squad

DiZWSdWb.jpg

Squad Evaluation

- I have very poor central midfielders.
- I have very poor cover at right back.
- My attacking players are clearly the best players in my team.
- Ivan Dzoni is a very good player at this level.
- I have a pretty decent goalkeeper.
- Outside of my main two central defenders, I have extremely poor cover.
- Nearly my whole team is from Singapore, with 1 player from Croatia and 1 from Japan.
- I have virtually no height throughout the whole team so playing the ball high and long, or wide with lots of crosses is going to be pointless.
- Virtually everyone in the team has a balanced personality.

eqvhYsW.jpg

4931q62.jpg

Dynamics​

NoFHE51.jpg

Best Players

View attachment 74155

Dzoni looks like a quality striker, especially at this level. He already has 10 goals this season and I will be looking to get the best out of him over the final few games of the season.

View attachment 74154

Irwan Shah may not have a lot of pace for a winger, but if he can beat his man, he has a wicked cross that he can deliver. Only has 3 assists from 14 appearances this season so far....maybe the previous manager wasn't deploying him effectively as I'd definitely be expecting a better assist return from him.

View attachment 74153

A versatile player for us going forward as he can play on either side as well as up top. Decent acceleration with good dribbling ability and determination to beat his man. I'll be looking for him to run at defenders and cause havoc in the final 3rd.

Last edited:
Those Final 6 Games

DiZWSdWb.jpg

Those Final 6 Games

Well, we gave it a ****** good go and remained unbeaten throughout my 6 games in charge. With those results, I managed to lift Tampines from 5th when I took over, to finish 2nd in the table and qualify for the Asian Confederations Cup next season
yay.gif

LIcs2QK.jpg

5SkFqDh.jpg

GjNYv9A.jpg

The Games...

6b5gviP.jpg

yyQwByz.jpg

XsY8bi9.jpg

HoIJ2Qv.jpg

oJINxR7.jpg

IDC2Q6P.jpg

Setting Records Already!​

X5741KA.jpg

Maybe We Could Have Done It?​

We had our fair share of bad luck on the final run in. Two injuries to first team starters that saw them both miss the final 4 games of the season was gutting....maybe without these, we could have got over the line and won the title maybe? It's all ifs and buts I guess!

pkMrZnm.jpg

RAjLkzX.jpg

Last edited:
November/December Update

DiZWSdWb.jpg

November/December 2017 Update

Not much to update you on before pre season begins in January. Just a few news items coming out of the club...

The board are looking at building a new stadium back in the club's home town of Tampines. There are no solid plans in place just yet, but it's good to see the club planning for the future and I'm sure this will go down well with the fans.

qSM6FpH.jpg

The club are investing in me! Sending me on a new coaching course to gain my National C License.

ohfzqHC.jpg

On the commercial front, we announced an additional main kit sponsor.

nHIoCth.jpg

And the board have set the budgets for the upcoming season.

nHIoCth.jpg

Last edited:
Pre Season Roundup

DiZWSdWb.jpg

Pre Season Roundup

A steady pre season campaign saw us win 2 and draw 2. The two draws were decent results in that we played Malaysian opposition of a supposed higher standard than us and teams that we were predicted to lose to.

View attachment 74135

Injuries

Two injuries to first team strikers, picked up during the first game in the pre season campaign will hinder our preparation for the new season.

View attachment 74134

View attachment 74133

Pre Season Odds

The bookmakers have us down to finish 3rd in the league this year, with Home Utd expected to follow up last year's success and win the title again.

View attachment 74132

Ivan Dzoni is clearly our best player and that is reflected by the fact he is at short odds to win top player, young player of the year and top goalscorer in the division.

View attachment 74131

View attachment 74130

View attachment 74129

Sponsorship & Finances

We topped the sponsorship table for the past year in Singaporean football.

View attachment 74128

Finances look pretty good going into the new season.

View attachment 74127

Reputation In Singapore

The club are officially seen as the 2nd most reputable club in Singapore, behind Albirex.

View attachment 74126

Board Expectations

The board have given me their expectations for the upcoming season. They are looking for me to win the league and reach the group stage of the Asian Confederations Cup.

View attachment 74125

February Preview

We'll kick off the season against Young Lions who finished rock bottom of the league last season. We follow that up with games against Geylang and DPMM who finished 5th and 6th. On paper, it looks like we have a good opportunity to get off to a decent start.

View attachment 74124

Transfers

DiZWSdWb.jpg

Transfers

View attachment 74123

With the team I inherited actually showing some good form at the back end of last season and remaining unbeaten in our final 6 games since I took over, I didn't feel like there were drastic changes required before the new season began. So I actually only signed two new players to bolster the squad. I also managed to hold onto everyone, with only a couple of players leaving on loan (who didn't feature in my plans).

View attachment 74122

Gabriel Quak joins us from Geylang International FC. The winger/inside forward joins us for a fee of £39,500 and is a brilliant addition to my attacking force. He actually won the Player of the Year last season in Singapore, so has all the credentials to do well for us this season. He has very good pace, combined with decent dribbling skills to get down wings and cause opposition full backs a whole load of problems.

View attachment 74121

One area that we were very weak was the central midfield roles. I have bolstered that position with the addition of Emanuel Coleoni, who joins us on a free transfer from Argentinian side Instituto ACC. He is still to make a competitive appearance in his career yet, but I think he could really make a name for himself here, with great technique, teamwork and work rate stats to get up and down the midfield covering a lot of ground in a box to box midfielder role.

February 2018 Update

DiZWSdWb.jpg

February 2018 Review

A good start to the new campaign sees us record three wins and a draw from our opening four matches, and it means I still haven't tasted defeat in my football management career yet. We sit at the top of the table, although Home Utd do have a game in hand on us going into March.

View attachment 74090

View attachment 74089

The Games...

View attachment 74083

First game of the new season ended in a 3-2 win at Young Lions. Not the best defensive performance but we showed a lot going forward and I can't knock the lads after scoring 3 away goals on the opening day of the season and securing 3 points. Left winger Irwan Shah was the star man with 2 first half goals.

View attachment 74082

Irwan Shah was again in top form with another two first half goals in this game. We created an incredible 16 chances on goal in the first 45 minutes and was probably a little unlucky to go into the break only 1 goal up. We kept the pressure on in the 2nd half and an early goal after the break from striker Ivan Dzoni put us firmly in control as we went on to take all 3 points and record back to back wins for the first time since I took over the job.

View attachment 74080

Our 3rd game of the season was another away game as we still hadn't played a home match yet this season. Following another pretty dominant performance, we made it 3 away wins in a row and continue our 100% record at the start of the new season.

View attachment 74081

Our first home game ended in our first draw of the season. After a very even first 45 minutes and falling behind right on the stroke of half time, the lads came out for the 2nd half and gave me a really different and much better performance...totally dominant and creating a number of good chances. Unfortunately we were only able to net one of them to get the draw, rather than the win we would of rightly deserved.

Player of the Month

Irwan Shah
Winger

Appearances: 4
Goals: 5
Assists: 2
Dribbles: 8
Average Rating: 8.23

Shah has been in amazing form this month contributing to 7 goals in 4 games. He really has hit the ground running and has quickly become my first name on the teamsheet.

Irwan was also recognised by the league this month as he picked up the Player of the Month award.

View attachment 74088

Four of my players were also named in the Team of the Month...

View attachment 74087

Asian Confederations Cup Group Draw

As I know absolutely nothing about Asian football, I have no idea if we've had a good draw or not?! So we'll take it as it comes and do as best we can!

View attachment 74085

March Preview

March will present us with a much tougher fixture list, playing both Warriors and Home Utd who finished 3rd and 1st in the league last year. We'll also kick off our Asian Confederations Cup campaign with two group games in what looks like a busy month ahead.

View attachment 74084

Last edited:
March 2018 Update

DiZWSdWb.jpg

March 2018 Review

We continued in pretty decent form this month, only suffering one loss in the league to Warriors FC who now top the table, with us close behind in 2nd. The league seems to be quickly separating into two halves as the top 5 start to pull away from the bottom 4. We also made a solid start to the group stage of the Asian Confederations Cup, kicking off with two wins, scoring 7 goals in the process. We top our group after the opening two games.

View attachment 73992

View attachment 73991

View attachment 73990

The Games...

View attachment 73989

Our first clean sheet and our first home win of the season. A very strong, dominant performance once again as we score a goal in either half for a comfortable 2-0 victory over the most reputable team in the country.

View attachment 73988

Asian Confederation Cup Group Stage: I didn't know anything about PSM Makassar, but was expecting a win as we found ourselves 4-7 favourites despite being away from home against our Indonesian opposition. Quite quickly, it was clear to see why we were such heavy favourites as we found ourselves 3-0 up at half time. We added a 4th via the penalty spot in the 2nd half and top our group after the first game and a convincing 4-0 victory.

View attachment 73987

Warriors finished last season in 3rd place and had kicked off this year pretty well, currently sitting in 3rd and unbeaten in their first four games (2 wins and 2 draws). Unfortunately for us, they maintained their unbeaten start and consigned us to a first defeat of the season and my first defeat in management. We created so many good chances in this game but just didn't take them....a glaring miss of an open goal from 6 yards from Daniel Bennett stands out, as well as a disallowed goal by the ref for an offside that never was....Luck just wasn't on our side.

View attachment 73986

Asian Confederations Cup Group Stage: Our second game in the group would be against Selangor FA, from Malaysia. Again we came into this one as favourites, but only slightly, so I think that was predominantly down to our home advantage. I was forced into some squad rotation due to the game being only 3 days after the defeat to Warriors. But the lads still turned in a good performance for me and secured another win to put us top of the group after the opening 2 matchdays.

View attachment 73985

An early top of the table clash as 1st took on 2nd. A disappointing draw for us as we were definitely the better side and there was an element of luck about both their goals....the first a dubious penalty and the second a speculative long shot that hit the post and bounced back out, hit our keeper and went in.

View attachment 73984

Khairul Amri has had an opportunity this month to come into the starting lineup with the injuries to both Silvas and Dzoni, so it's good to see him making the most of it and scoring in back to back games. His first half strike was enough to grab all 3 points for us in this game.

Player of the Month

Fazrul Nawaz
Inside Forward

Appearances: 5 (+ 1 sub)
Goals: 4
Assists: 3
Key Passes: 13
Average Rating: 7.77

Nawaz has been brilliant this month at the heart of everything we've had to offer going forward. Unfortunately he picked up an injury on international duty at the end of the month and will now miss the rest of the season....he will be sorely missed!

Two of my players were also named in the Team of the Month...

View attachment 73983

Awful Month For Injuries

The injuries we have suffered this month have been a real kick in the teeth. We lost main striker Dzoni at the start of the month and he has missed all of March. His replacement, Silvas, was also injured the week after and will miss 2 months of action. But the real killer for us was losing Nawaz at the end of the month who picked up an injury on international duty that will see him miss the rest of the season :-(

View attachment 73982

View attachment 73981

View attachment 73980

April Preview

April will be even busier than March and we'll play a total of seven matches! Our toughest league game will surely be the away match at rivals Home Utd. This month will also see us play three games in the Asian Confederations Cup and I am confident that two more victories will see us progress to the next stage of the competition.

View attachment 73978

April 2018 Update

DiZWSdWb.jpg

April 2018 Review

An unbeaten month in both league and cup sees us pulling away in the league with Warriors and Home Utd, although we are still sitting 2nd in the table at present. We are cruising in the Asian Confederations Cup and have qualified for the next stage, winning our group with a game to spare.

View attachment 73940

View attachment 73939

View attachment 73938

View attachment 73937

The Games...

View attachment 73936

Asian Confederations Cup Group Stage: We continued our good form in the continental competition with our 3rd straight win, as we look good to qualify from the group stage and exceed expectations from the board.

View attachment 73935

A big game against rivals Home Utd, who we'd only drawn 2-2 with a couple of games back. And again, for the 3rd time in my managerial career, we have drawn with our rivals again, this time 1-1.

View attachment 73934

Asian Confederations Cup Group Stage: On paper this was to be our toughest game of the group. We were away against the side that currently topped the Malaysian top division. But we did ourselves justice and hung onto a good draw to keep us at the top of the group.

View attachment 73933

DPMM were bottom of the league at kick off in this game and had just sacked their manager this week. A club in turmoil or a group of players looking to prove a point? That was the question...And the answer is most certainly a club in turmoil as we gave them a 4-0 thrashing and they had a man sent off in the process!

View attachment 73932

Asian Confederations Cup Group Stage: We'd already given PSM Makassar a 4-0 thrashing away from home, so I was looking for a similar result here to potentially secure us top spot in the group and a place in the next round. And the boys delivered, with a comfortable 3-0 victory. This result also secured us top spot in the group with 1 game remaining.

View attachment 73931

The first half was a pretty tight affair, but the 2nd half was completely one sided as we raced to a 4-1 win which took us back to the top of the league.

View attachment 73929

Our final game of the month ended in a bore draw. It may not have been the 3 points I was after, but it does keep us unbeaten for the entire month.

Player of the Month

Shakir Hamzah
Centre Back

Appearances: 6
Goals: 0
Assists: 0
Key Headers: 6
Average Rating: 7.27

The whole defence have been really good this month, with Hamzah at the centre of it all turning in some consistent performances.

Four of my players were also named in the Team of the Month, 3 defenders and my keeper, a testament to how well we have defended this month...

View attachment 73928

Dzoni Injured AGAIN!

Within a couple of weeks of returning from injury, star man Dzoni is out again for another few weeks!

View attachment 73927

May Preview

We open May with the final group game in the Asian Confederations Cup, having already qualified it will give me a chance to play some fringe players. We then have a couple of league games, before playing both legs of the semi final in the cup towards the end of the month (draw not made yet).

View attachment 73926

You've started your career in a very different region. Just caught up but you've started really well and hopefully can do well in the league once again but also in the Confederations Cup, is that some form of Asian Champions League or something else? Personally never managed over there!

You've started your career in a very different region. Just caught up but you've started really well and hopefully can do well in the league once again but also in the Confederations Cup, is that some form of Asian Champions League or something else? Personally never managed over there!

Yea it's my first time managing in Asia ever so it's all a bit new. Basically, you have the Asian Confederations Cup which is the equivalent of the Europa League, and the AFC Champions League which, believe it or not, is the equivalent of the European Champions League ;-)

Asian Confederations Cup Semi Final Draw

DiZWSdWb.jpg

Asian Confederations Cup Draw

We won our group without losing a single game and cruise through to the zonal semi final. There were three groups in our 'zone' with the winners all progressing to the semis. Selangor FA were the best placed 2nd team so they also progress from our group.

View attachment 73925

All three Singaporean teams that entered the competition all won their groups, so the semi finals will include myself, Warriors and Geylang International. The draw sees us take on Warriors FC. The tie will be played over 2 legs in May.

View attachment 73924

View attachment 73923

May 2018 Review

DiZWSdWb.jpg

May 2018 Review

A mixed month as our league form declines and sees us drop to 4th in the table, although still very much in the title race with 10 games to go. However, we do progress to the zonal final of the Asian Confederations Cup after a penalty shootout win against league rivals Warriors FC.

View attachment 73909

View attachment 73908

View attachment 73907

The Games...

View attachment 73906

Asian Confederations Cup Group Stage: We kicked off May with another win in the cup, meaning we had gone through the whole group stage unbeaten and will progress to the zonal semi final.

View attachment 73905

It was 4th vs 2nd at kick off for this one, so we knew we'd be up against it. We went down to a 1-0 defeat in a generally even game that could of gone either way.

View attachment 73904

F*cking awful! Our worst performance of the season by a country mile sees me suffer back to back defeats for the first time in my managerial career.

View attachment 73903

Asian Confederations Cup Zonal Semi Final 1st Leg: We turned in a much improved performance on the last two league games and completed dominated the home leg, so much so that it's possibly a little disappointing we only have a 1-0 lead going into the 2nd leg.

View attachment 73902

Asian Confederations Cup Zonal Semi Final 2nd Leg: Despite us being in complete control for most of the match, it was 1-0 to Warriors at full time. Extra time soon shot by with not much action so on came the penalty shootout to decide this tie. It was nervey one for us as we missed first, but we did go on to win it 4-3 on pens :)

Player of the Month

Gabriel Quak
Winger/Inside Forward

Appearances: 3 (+ 2 Sub)
Goals: 2
Assists: 1
Key Passes: 5
Average Rating: 7.06

In a month where everyone seemed to lose a bit of form, Quak stood out as the best of a bad bunch. He did contribute to 3 goals and it's good to finally be getting some return from Quak since he joined the club.

Asian Confederations Cup Zonal Final Draw

After beating Warriors FC in the semis this month, we will play Geylang International (also from our league) in the zonal final. The tie will be played over 2 legs in August.

View attachment 73901

Singapore Cup Draw

We enter the Singapore Cup at the Quarter Final stage, avoiding the preliminary rounds due to our 2nd place finish last season. Unbelievable really that you've only got to get through 3 rounds to win this cup. We've been drawn against Warriors FC, and the tie will be played over 2 legs, one in August and one in September.

View attachment 73900

June Preview

Next month will be pretty uneventful with only one game of football on the agenda. That will be a league game against Young Lions.

View attachment 73899

June 2018 Review

DiZWSdWb.jpg

June 2018 Review

Only one league game played this month against Young Lions which resulted in a home win for us. It seems that was the only game of the whole month in the league as nobody else played, which means our 3 points sees us lift to the top of the table again....even if only temporarily until the other teams play their game in hand.

View attachment 73885

View attachment 73884

July Preview

July will again bring only one league game in the whole month, against 3rd placed Warriors FC. However, we will get the draw for the StarHub League Cup and we'll play a couple of games in the group stage of that competition at the end of the month.

View attachment 73883

StarHub League Cup Draw

DiZWSdWb.jpg

StarHub League Cup Groups Drawn

So basically the Singaporean League Cup or as known locally the StarHub League Cup, is made up of two groups of 4 teams from the top league. Each team plays each other only once and the top 2 from each group go forward to the semi finals. We've been handed a very tough group with Home Utd, Geylang International and Warriors FC, three of the clubs that are currently battling with us in the league title race.

View attachment 73878