boroboy116 updated Riviera with a new update entry:

Riviera 2

After the success with Monaco, I decided to tweak the tactic in an attempt to tighten up the defence without negatively impacting the attack.View attachment 507408

The changes made were dropping the wingbacks into a more natural back 4, however, they would now be deployed on attack to overlap when attacking providing an out ball and more importantly width. The next change was setting both centre backs on defend to help with the offside trap.

Both centre midfielders are on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Riviera 3

After the success of the previous versions with Monaco and Arsenal particularly in attack, I decided to be more adventurous with the changes to this version in an effort to really tighten the defence and replicate the possession with Monaco.

View attachment 507413

The GK is now on support not defend. The full-backs are split the left-back is in the more natural position whereas the right-back is now pushed further forward as a wingback. Unlike with Arsenal, both are now on...

Riviera 3.0

The aim was to continue being strong in defence and improve the attacking and possession phases of our game. In order to do this, I made some fairly big changes. View attachment 507416

The changes made were changing the midfielders back to standard CM's on the support they were instructed to get forward and go wider to help screen the regista allowing him time on the ball to dictate the tempo of the game.

The CAM has been moved into a False 9 role so he will look to come deep...

Riviera 3.1

The final update to the tactic involved making some small tweaks to maximize our attacking threat and our pressing in the defensive portion.
View attachment 507423

The only change I made here was to change the Raumdeuter to an inside forward, I just felt the Raumdeuter didn't get involved as much as I would like in both the attacking and defensive phases.

I also set about retraining Gravenberch for the regista role, Ziyech for false 9 and Neres as the inside forward. Not only...