Rnagers takeover bid?

kevdo

Reaction score
Ok this has been kicking about for a while now and its starting to get serious?

An Asian consortium and also a guy that owned northampton town and was a director at QPR have had bids accepted and are in talks to buy Rangers out from Murray?

I'm pleased that theres finally some concrete interest but everything will have to be scrutinised we don't want a Portsmouth on our hands,their fans must be going through ****?

Just wondering what everyone else thinks? Who would you prefer in?

everything will have to be scrutinised we don't want a Portsmouth on our hands,their fans must be going through ****?
Indeed we are.

You're better off the way you are at the moment instead of getting a bunch of douche bag's like we did.

I hope it goes through.

You certainly need it, I heard there could be a mass exodus at Rangers in summer if they don't find a new owner.

Indeed we are.

You're better off the way you are at the moment instead of getting a bunch of douche bag's like we did.

I hope it goes through.

Yeah,sometimes it's better the devil you know?
Wouldn't mind someone coming in and trying to reduce the debt sensibley whilst making some funds available,i'm not expecting megabucks but enough to try and keep up with Celtic who have a billionaire in Dermot Desmond and could totally blow us clean out of the water?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

You certainly need it, I heard there could be a mass exodus at Rangers in summer if they don't find a new owner.
Bougherra,Davis,Mcgregor will be sold and Boyd will move on bosman those are th 4 who automatically spring to mind?

Would basically bury us?

yeah man pompey to stay up, i really hope they do, dont like clubs going bust, synpathys with the fans:'(

Really hope this bid goes through though, boyd and beasley and novo etc will stay if it does and it will nearly wipe out our debts. not too keen on this ellis fella though, would prefer the asians

Bougherra,Davis,Mcgregor will be sold and Boyd will move on bosman those are th 4 who automatically spring to mind?

Would basically bury us?

I'd hope not, you'd end up making Mowbray look good if that ever happened, am I right and thinking that Walter Smith is going unpaid until you get a new owner ?

I'd hope not, you'd end up making Mowbray look good if that ever happened, am I right and thinking that Walter Smith is going unpaid until you get a new owner ?

sadly yes, and it very unjust as smiths done a ******* amazing job since he came back

Yep he is,so is McCoist and Kenny MacDowall!
The out of contract players are all waiting to see if Smith stays on to sign new deals so they can commit to the club also?
Could be messy if it doesn't go through?

Would like Rangers to get back in a stable possition money wise but no billionaire or anything because Desmond is never going to let us spend much and even if he did Lawwel would stop the funds. ot sure exactly what he does but get a suspicion hes there to make sure the board doesnt loose any money.

Rangers got themselves there themselves tbh. With my hooped aviators on, Celtic have always had a more reserved economic strategy, aside from this year, which has been ridiculous.

i would take any owner at the moment that has rangers at heart sir david murray has said he won't sell to anyone only someone that has the club at heart. he got us into this mess given wee **** advocate a blank check book to play with so he should at least pay lloyds the 31 million we owe them as the blame should lie at his door

i would take any owner at the moment that has rangers at heart sir david murray has said he won't sell to anyone only someone that has the club at heart. he got us into this mess given wee **** advocate a blank check book to play with so he should at least pay lloyds the 31 million we owe them as the blame should lie at his door

You're entitled to your opinion mate but Murray gave us a lot of good times? I think they far outweigh the bad,his only mistake was trying to take the club to the next level when clearly the old firm whilst playing in Scotland ARE at their level,the money was never in place to recoup that amount of expenditure but I think the only thing he's guilty of is running the club from a fans point of view rather than a businessmans?

I just want someone to come in who's not going to make drastic changes an totally de-stablise it even more?