Road for Glory.... from lower league

nihatek

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
my name is Robert, but friends know me as Nihat. I am living in Czech republic, but i came from Bratislava, Slovakia. Please be patient with my english.
I am not such a big football or hockey fan as most of you. I dont even watch games too often. I just love statistics, watching trade rumours, look at tactics and how things work.
But i am patriot. Too long i was playing just for Slovak teams (Slovan Bratislava, Zilina which are my favourites) and i got frustrated about how i can hold good players from going abroad. Last part i played longer was FM 2010, i played just 2 seasons in FM 2011.
When i read that in FM 2012 you will be able actually to increase reputation of your league with your successes i told myself that i got to try that.
So decision have been made. But this time i told myself that i want something challanging. In past i picked Zilina or Slovan - and they were good teams, i got to European League or Champions League and i got LOTS of money next season - more then i could possibly spent, because of better players wasnt interested.
So i told myself, that living in Czech republic for almost 7 years i should try to start feeling here at home. So i chose Brno as my team.
I heard they are not good, but i found out they just delegated to 2nd league and are on best way how get to 3rd.

I didnt wanted this kind of challange, but what the ****.
I started game, i picked about 8 playable leagues (but i make mistake of choosing small database - if you know how to fix it or if its bad - tell me)

First season:
I was recommended Raikans 4-3-3 tactics, i was happy, because i played something like it several years ago with Zilina, but with mixed success - it cost me lots of nerves.
I realized, that my defense is ok, my anchorman is really bad, i got GREAT striker and one good midfielder.
I counted that i will need 6 players worth of 600k euros, but my transfer budget was 250. So i adjusted it to 270-280 and bought some players i believed will be key to success. I bought inside forward, fullback and payed 55k as compensation for player that will come next summer.
In the meantime my team was rocking really hard. I tried to negotiate contract with my leading star (my striker), but i wasnt able to fullfil his "dreams" so i decided to sell him away. I was forced to buy a new one and he is good.
Problem is that my team was too fragile - several injuries or suspensions and i will suffer.
But everything went great and i finished first in second league, and made it to finals in Czech FA cup.

Season 2 will be coming soon - i just finished that.
If you are interested in any details, let me know - i can make some printscreens in future or comment more.
If you like it (or dislike) - tell me which part and i will try to make it more interesting for you guys.
Nihat