skipozax

Reaction score
View attachment 113429
.!!. En klub ena čast.!!.

Hello fellow managers. I also started my first story on this site. Hope you will like it. My english is not perfect so sorry for any mistakes in advance.
I started my FM story whit my favourite local club: NK Maribor like every year in Football Manager.
I wan't to repeat my unforgivable achievement whit NK Maribor! In FM2016 I won the Europa Leage, Champions League and the Club World Championship whit this team. I want to repeat this in the new game. Can I do it ?

NK Maribor is the most succesfull team in Slovenian football history.

Champions of Slovenia:
1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Cup winners:
1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016
Champions League: 1999, 2014
Europa League:
2011, 2012, 2013
Home stadium: Ljudski Vrt - 12,994
stadion_ljudski_vrt%20(1).jpg

The first year will be a little harder than before. We are not defending the First League title and we must be on the offence. We will do our best to be back on top.

View attachment 113428

Can Maribor bring back the League title whit our captain Marcos Tavares ?

.!!. SEASON 2016/2017 .!!.

Goals for our first seasons are: Winning the First League Title, winning the cup and the supercup. We also want to show our very best in Europe.

.!!. Transfers 16/17 .!!.

View attachment 113427

For the first season I bought players from my own League. I needed players on a lot of positions. We bought some young talents in our country. We brought our national player Struna on a free transfer. The AML and the DR positions were the places where we needed new players the most.
Grega Sorčan came for a club record but we decided to loan him back to Gorica for this season. We wanted to give our goalkeeper Jasmin Handanovic one more great season before he retired.

.!!. EUROPA LEAGUE .!!.

View attachment 113426

We did our best in the quealifications for the Europa League. But in the play off we got one of the hard teams Rosenborg. We weren't playing in Europe this season but we decided to do better in the next season.

.!!. SUPERCUP .!!.

View attachment 113425

We played the supercup against our biggest rivals Olimpija. All three goals for our team were scored by ex-Olimpija players. We controled the game the entire time.

.!!. SLOVENIAN CUP .!!.

View attachment 113424
View attachment 113423

We won our second out of three competitions easly. We gave everything and we were rewarded whit the Cup. We won it against the suprise of the Season Verzej!

.!!. FIRST LEAGUE .!!.

View attachment 113422

WE won the First League ! We had some games where we didn't play as we should but we still won the competition. We even tied the record for most points in the season - 85. Rudar Velenje and Koper (suprise) got relegated from the League. Teams that came to the First league are the champs of Second league Triglav and playoff winners Drava Ptuj.

We had some games where we had trouble whit our poor defense. Thats the reason for so many tied games.

.!!. ALL COMPETITION STATS .!!.

Top Goalscorer: Marcos Tavares - 25
Most Assists: Luka Stor -16
Most played games: Luka Stor 37(7)
Best Rating: Mitja Viler - 7.58

Player of the Season:
Luka Stor
Young player of the Season: Luka Stor

.!!. OVERvIEw .!!.

We were happy whit our season. We won all of the three Slovenian competitions. The only dissapointment is the early leave from Europa League.

The "Suprise" of the season was the young Luka Stor. We had some troubles on the AML position but he showed his talent and plesently suprised us all.

View attachment 113429

.!!. SEASON 2017/2018 .!!.

Every season that comes we want to do better than the last one. Can we do better in Europe?

.!!. TRANSFERS .!!.

View attachment 113418 View attachment 113420
View attachment 113421View attachment 113417

Our transfers of the season. We broke some of our club record whit some players. Did they make any diffrence?
We made a record profit. We also brought some talents from our own and neighbour country. The biggest transfers of this periods were of Rok Zorko, Alberto Amici, Dani Olmo and the biggest: Dorin Rotariu.

.!!. SUPERCUP .!!.

View attachment 113419

We showed why we are known as the favourites. We played a great game whit some good chances and went home whit a Cup.

.!!. SLOVENIAN CUP .!!.

View attachment 113416

We won the Slovenian cup against Aluminij who suprised us whit their run of good games that took them to the final. It wasn't a very good game. Low number of shots on goal and we were not playing as we should have.

.!!. FIRST LEAGUE CHAMPS .!!.

View attachment 113415

Another season and another First League Cup in our posession. We had the best season in First league in our history. A big factor were our transfers. An exelent group of players. Can we do better ?

We also broke some records:
Most points in season: 97
Most victories in season: 31
Average attendance: 5.906
Win strike: 13 games
Biggest run whitout losing: 35
Most number of goals scored in the season: 125
Most goals scored in the season: Rok Zorko - 45
Most assists in the season: Dorin Rotariu - 15
Most games whit a clean sheet: Grega Sorcan - 20
Best rating of the season: Rok Zorko 8.12
Youngest striker: Luka Galic - 17y 25days

Player of the season and Young player of the season:

View attachment 113414 View attachment 113413

Best at all:

View attachment 113412

Our players were the best at everything they could be.

Suprise of the Season: Rok Zorko

Player profile after the second season.

View attachment 113411

View attachment 113407

He was on the third place for the Golden boot award in Europe. He was just behind Suarez and Lewandowski.

He was overall our best player of the year. He scored the record number of goals in the season. we bought him for just 60.000€. Best ever buy I ever did.

.!!. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE .!!.

View attachment 113410

We got to the Champions League group stage! We had some exciting games in the qualifications and we did it! But everything didn't go as planned in the final competition.

View attachment 113409
View attachment 113408

It is not a season in Europe that we would like. We like the fact that we were there but the stats were bad.

SEASON OVERALL STATS:
Top Goalscorer: Rok Zorko - 53
Most Assists: Mitja Viler - 20
Most games played: Rok Zorko 43 (5)
Best Rating: Anthony O'Connor - 7.87

Player of the season: Rok Zorko
Young player of season: Rok Zorko

View attachment 113429

.!!. SEASON 2018/2019 .!!.

A new season has started. This year we wish to do better in the Champions League that we did last year.
We want to qualify into the knockout stages. Can this team do it ?

.!!. TRANSFERS .!!.

View attachment 113406 View attachment 113405

View attachment 113404 View attachment 113403

In this year we made some big news signings! We got Portos talent Quintero and Croatian
wonderkid Radosevic! We hope they can make history whit our club.
We had some troubles on DC position so we bought a young and talented Simic from Hajduk.
We also used the transfer clause in Armin Hodzic loan contract. The third player that I am happy that
he joined us on loan is E. Palacios. I had him in FM2016 and he was one of the key players on my
way to succes in winning the top European competitions. Did he repeat it this year?

I got a new feeder club connection whit Croatian first league club Split. I decided that I will send my young
players on loan there to get first team experience. We sold some players we dont have plans to use them anymore.

.!!. SUPERCUP .!!.

View attachment 113402

We won it whitout any problems. We showed why we are the favourites to win it again. We showed dominance the entire game.

.!!. CUP .!!.

View attachment 113401

Another Cup final and another win!

.!!. FIRST LEAGUE TITLE .!!.

View attachment 113400

Another season and another title in our hands! There really is noone in our country who can cause a surprise.
We played a lot of great games and did what was expected from us. We also made
some records:
Average attendance: 6.659
Ubeaten run: 41 games
Bad discipline: 107yc / 3rc

.!!. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE .!!.

View attachment 113399

On our way to the Champions League group stage we have beaten some strong teams in the qualification. We got teams like Dinamo Zagreb, Videoton and Goteborg. We are proud of how we played.

View attachment 113398

View attachment 113397

We got a very strong group. Whit Inter Milan, Bayern and Monaco. We managed to get 3 draws, which took us to the Europa League! We would have been even more happy whit at least one win. Maybe the Europa League will be better.

.!!. EUROPA LEAGUE .!!.

View attachment 113396

We got the scottish champions Celtic in the first knockout stage.
We knew it was going to be a spectacle. Sadly our defense was somewhere else on the second match.

This year was full off news that I was leaving NK Maribor. I don't know where did they come from but because of them I gor a lot of job interviews.
Clubs like Atletico Mineiro, River Plate, Besiktas, Swansea, Steaua Bucaresti, Zenit ST. P. and
the biggest suprise: Barcelona.

View attachment 113395 View attachment 113394 View attachment 113393

View attachment 113392 View attachment 113391 View attachment 113390

View attachment 113389

Our biggest star of the team Rok Zorko took the Top goalscorer award and the Player of the season award.
He really is a top quality player. He has a transfer clause of 25.000.000€. Will we get that much for him?
There is a lot of teams that want him in with them.
He scored 80 league goals and he is chasing Marcos Tavares as the clubs top League goalscorer of all time.
Tavares scored 134 goals and he is retired. He currently works as a under18 assistant manager.

.!!. SEASON OVERALL STATS .!!.
Top Goalscorer:
Most assists:
Most games played:
Best rating:

Player of the year:
Young player of the year:

Wonder how my story will continue? I will continue shortly . . .

View attachment 113388

.!!. SEASON 2019/2020 .!!.

A season where everything went bad.

.!!. TRANSFERS .!!.

View attachment 113387

We made a lot of transfers in this transfer period. We got a lot of well known players into the club like Ranocchia, Constant and Carlos Kameni.
We got a big talent Vodusek from Dinamo for a lot of money. We hope he can make a big change. I also activated the transfer clause in Palacios loan contract. He is a real talent!

We sold Grega Sorcan for the clubs transfer record of 10.000.000€! ! ! We are happy that we got so much from his transfer.
The second biggest transfer of the club Denis Sme left for 4.000.000€.

.!!. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUAL. .!!.

View attachment 113386

The qualifications didn't go as planned. We got to the play-offs but we failed to qualify to the group stage. There was a lot of unhappy stuff happening in the club.
At least we qualified to the Europa League group stage.

.!!. EUROPA LEAGUE .!!.

View attachment 113385

View attachment 113384

1 game left in the group stage. We can't go to the knockout stage because of our low points number. We had some interesting games but it didn't help in the end.

.!!. FIRST LEAGUE .!!.

View attachment 113383

Our current statistic in the Slovenian first league. We only lost 1 out of 19 games. It looks like NK Maribor is going to be the champion once more. There are still 3 games to be played in the first part of the league. The second one is starting after the winter break around the end of february.​

A lot of stuff have happened at this point. A lot of unhappiness was in and out of the club.
Stuff happen and I got an offer from a bigger European club to take over. It is a young club in Germany. Can you guess which is it ?