elyybourgess

Reaction score
View attachment 313636
Playing as Celtic in Football Manager 2015 is an interesting, but not unique challenge. With Rangers still working their way back up through the divisions playing as Celtic has now become the type of game where the league is a mere formality. The aim is European Football and then world domination.

In 1967 Celtic defeated Internazionale 2-1 to lift the European Cup, the club’s only triumph in that competition and they’ve been a sleeping giant ever since. They have reached a couple of European finals but at the moment their most memorable moments are coming in one off matches.

Of course in order to get to world domination, it doesn't happen in one season so I would like to get to share my adventure with you lot.

Budgets and targets for First Season:
Transfer budget of 2m with 400k/week transfer budget
Targets: Win the League and the Cup, Reach the Group Stage of the Champions League

First window Transfers:

First things first I started the game with a custom made database made by The Football Manager Wizzkids that is up to date as of First January of this year.
View attachment 313632
I also terminated the loans of John Guidetti and Joe Inge Berget due to the availability of Suso and James Wilson on loan and they are better than them as I have seen.

Tactics:

When we talk about Celtic one formation comes to mind, the 4-5-1 however I thought it was a bad idea since I like having an attacking midfielder and two Strikers in my team I switched to a 4-3-1-2 (Screenshot below)

View attachment 313629

View attachment 313628

Pre-Season:

View attachment 313627
After the pre-season it is time to get to work in my European conquest and of course another friendly match with Guadalajara. I will try to update this post each match at a time. Thank you for sharing my save with with me and I hope it will be fruitful.​

Last edited:
Matchday 1: Stomsgodset vs Celtic

A seemingly easy yet frustrating match as I got to beat Stromsgodset 1-0 at their home. Although we dominated the game I really was disappointed at the Shots on Target ratio of the team.

View attachment 313617
Of course the man of the match was Nir Briton with a somewhat good performance
View attachment 313616

Nice idea, wonder how long it will take for you to get some good money coming in!

Matchday 2: Celtic vs Stromsgodset

It was a great day at Celtic Park as Stromsgodset were brushed aside in a whooping 6-0 win for the Bhoys. A better Shot on target ratio for me this match as you can see and still dominating on possession.

View attachment 313610

Stefan Johansen got the Man of the match award and who doesn't think he was worth it.

View attachment 313612

Next up in the draw are Debrecen who I really think I could get an upper hand on them.

View attachment 313611

Also I cancelled the friendly with Guadalajara to give players some rest before the game.

Last edited:
Nice idea, wonder how long it will take for you to get some good money coming in!

I hope to get that starting next season as this season I am only building the team on some players, but with the well known financial state in Scotland it looks a bit impossible unless an oil rich owner buys the club.

Looking good, will definitely follow.

Are you going to be looking to bring in the typical 'wonderkids' or well known super players such as balanta?

I would love to see a story where more obscure players are used. It gets kind of repetitive when everone goes for the same players over and over again.

Lets hope you get a good budget next year to push on! If your lucky to get far in the Champions League, it may boost your budget for next season:) Good luck!

Looking good, will definitely follow.

Are you going to be looking to bring in the typical 'wonderkids' or well known super players such as balanta?

I would love to see a story where more obscure players are used. It gets kind of repetitive when everone goes for the same players over and over again.

Lets hope you get a good budget next year to push on! If your lucky to get far in the Champions League, it may boost your budget for next season:) Good luck!

Would be a really cheesy idea to get the typical wonderkids, I'd really like to push my luck here and get players through scouting rather than looking at the posts here in fm-base. Hopefully will reach my goal.

Would be a really cheesy idea to get the typical wonderkids, I'd really like to push my luck here and get players through scouting rather than looking at the posts here in fm-base. Hopefully will reach my goal.

Sounds good! Look forward to seeing the future signings!

Celtics capture Ben Amos on Loan

With Gordon and Zaluska being over 30 I got Ben Amos on loan with a view to get him for free if he doesn't extend his contract with Manchester United before the end of the season.

View attachment 313606

Ben Amos should provide good cover, nice addition!

Celtic have quite a few young players with potential.

I'm excited to see how Wolff Eikrem performs this season, considering he was brought in on a free.

Ben Amos should provide good cover, nice addition!

Celtic have quite a few young players with potential.

I'm excited to see how Wolff Eikrem performs this season, considering he was brought in on a free.

Looks like a decent player so far I think he will do well for me this season since he is for me the best replacement for Scott Brown let's see if he develops like I want to

Gameday 3: Debrecen vs Celtic

Another match another win, and getting closer to fulfil the first expectations of the season and it is to get to at least the Group stage. A 3-0 win against Debrecen away means me having an easy game at home and I have almost guaranteed going to the next round. Kris Commons took the MoTM award with being involved in all three goals, (1 goal 2 assists). That Guy Magnus Wolff Eikrem got his second goal in three games.

View attachment 313588

Matchday 4: Celtic vs Dresden

Really disappointed to get a draw although I had it coming considering I decided to rest almost the whole squad that gave me that 3-0 win in the first leg. Virgil Van Dijk got the Man of The Match award and James Wilson still to score a goal for the Bhoys.

View attachment 313577

I decided to post only important games in order that the thread doesn't get too boring, three matches in the league season and I have won 3 out of 3 games as shown below

View attachment 313531

Also managed to beat AaB 5-0 at home with the match overview being shown below... Suso got the Man Of The Match after getting a hat trick and an assist to Kris Commons's goal.

View attachment 313530

If you want any player's stats just ask I will gladly post them

Show me Suso's stat page, if you dont mind. He is having great joy in front of goal! :)