"roam from position" and "creative freedom" question

neiltrain

Reaction score
what do both of these actually DO? on the tactics screen when setting these "creativity" of players is shown, and i dont know why. what has roaming to do with creativity?

the basis of my attacking play is thru balls to my front 3: 2xamc and one striker. what would be the best settings for roaming and creative freedom from my 3 man midfield to achieve this, and why?

thanks for your help, i really want to understand how tactics work in this game..........

neil

"Roam from position" essentially means that they will float around more, in a more fluid framework. It's useful for fluid, expressive football, allowing players to drop into space.

"Creative freedom" dictates how much a player is allowed to break from the team instructions to influence the game. More should be given to creative players, and less to disciplined functional ones, in general.

Roaming allows the player (usually an AMC, although notable effective examples of wingers are Ronaldo and Messi) to move away from their set position and find space anywhere on the pitch, the idea being their marker wont follow them, they will be in space to receive the ball and dictate the play either by shooting, passing or running at the opponents.

Creative freedom, the higher the creative freedom you allow a player, the more he will ignore your instructions in favour of expressiving himslef and his ability. So if you set a players long shots to rarely, and his creative freedom to high, he will still take a fair amount of long shots.

agreed with the above. If 1 of your Amc's is your playmaker don't let him roam off position, so that every player in the field knows where to find him. As for creative freedom keep in mind that no more than 3-4 players should have high creative freedom, otherwise everyone will do what come's up to their head.

thanks. i'm a villa fan too!
i'm gonna experiment with the roaming. my most defensive midfielder also has an 18 for creativity which i have read ALSO means taking up good positions in space. whilst i always want him to be found i also dont want to restrict such a creative player. a luxury conundrum!