Robert Acquafresca - excellent supporting forward

Lord_Slop

Reaction score
I know he's been mentioned in previous versions, but I haven't found any in FM11.

Name: Robert Acquafresca
Club: Cagliari
D.O.B: 11/9/1987
Nationality: Italian
Position: Striker
Agent: Giacomo Rota

Strengths:
Off the ball, Finishing, Penalty Taking, Natural Fitness and Stamina

Weaknesses:
Creativity, Corners and Free Kicks

Description: Striker
Personality: Fairly Determined

Suggested Roles:

Deep Lying Forward - Support
View attachment 122165
View attachment 122169
View attachment 122166
View attachment 122170

stats wise looks good, but goal ratio is not great, could do a good job for a mid table prem club, although too expensive and unrealistic value (unless the $ has crashed again)

Used to be an absolute beast in the last game, still looks good now. I'd use him as an Adv. Forward though.

Actually, this is the beginning of the season, so he hasn't scored much, but he'll average 2 goals per 3 games this season and very consistent.

His passing rate is very good, so once I add the attempt killer balls PPM he'll rake in the assists.

As for the price, I see it quite affordable, I bought him for 17.5 Million USD in the 2011, he was 24, which means at least 7 years of good service.

Last edited:
hes more stoke city than man city though now imo, not as good as he once was on FM's

i bought him for sunderland on fm2010 and played him as a deep lying forward. Never got below 20 goals or assists

Not really, I'm playing him at Inter and he's doing great, doing better than Eto'o actually.
fair, hes a solid player, just hes only got 5 good stats, 16 plus, which i would be fine with for a mid table/top half side, but not a title challenge/winner side, thats all. but if he still plays really well, then fair dos.

fair, hes a solid player, just hes only got 5 good stats, 16 plus, which i would be fine with for a mid table/top half side, but not a title challenge/winner side, thats all. but if he still plays really well, then fair dos.

I fully agree with you that he's not Aguero, but then again it goes down to how you play and develop your players, and what you expect of them.

I rarely have a top scorer in my side, I rotate 5 strikers for the team, with 2 of them playing any given game, which means a striker will appear in 2 games out of 5 played by the team.

While this limits the occurence of someone scoring more than 20 goals a season, it allows me to have 5 strikers averaging 10 to 15 goals a season, which is my way of facing injuries and fatigue.

In total I rotate approximately 30 players around the team per season, which doesn't allow any of them to shine, but benefits the team for playing across 3 competitions.

I reckon if any of them would play for a team they'd be regular first team, they'd shine, which I believe is the case for Acquafresca, who, before joining me was at Cagliari and was in the top 3 goalscorers of the season.