Roberto Carlos - Excellent signing despite the age

Lord_Slop

Reaction score
I know we all tend to look for young talents, but sometimes an old one is good for a couple of years, and is cheaper, so is a worth-while short-term investment, particularly if we're strapped for cash.

Player Name: Roberto Carlos
Date of Birth: 10/4/1973 (37 Years Old at the start of the game)
Nationality: Brazilian / Spanish (An EU National)
Position: Defender/ Wing Back - Left
Recommended price: 2.0 - 2.5 Million USD
Strengths: Too many to list, but mainly all physical except Jumping and Stamina as well as all mental except Positioning, Teamwork and Work rate, technical abilities which are based on technique
Weaknesses: Stamina, Jumping, Work rate, teamwork and marking.

P.S. An impressive repertoire of PPM's

Now, judge for yourselves the below screenshots :)
View attachment 124364

View attachment 124365

View attachment 124366

LOL... i know he is a pretty good signing :S It's funny to see him in a PL team..usually someone signs him there. Just too unrealistic :p

I agree that IRL it would be unrealistic, however FM seem to have a good opinion of him, I've just signed him for my AC Milan side, which is usually what you can afford there in the first season, since the transfer budget is set to ZERO.

I'll post another screenshot in the winter break and let you know how it goes.

LOL... i know he is a pretty good signing :S It's funny to see him in a PL team..usually someone signs him there. Just too unrealistic :p

iv seen worse/ unrealistic signings then this 1 tho, man city an chelsea always do some bizare buisness lol

His attributes drop quite alot in a season or two though.

amazing free kicks
at least half a dozen goals per season

He is a risk though. A very short term investment as by 2nd year he deteriorates badly. His stamina is a major issue and he is almost a sure sub every game. Plus a stat that you don't see is that he gets murdered in the air. Crosses into the box are a real issue and on set pieces he is useless. You will give up a number of aerial goals during the season and he is a liability in games where you get injuries and cant afford subs. Thread carefully guys.

I guess you're right about the stamina, however, my bet is on his natural fitness which is on the high side at 15, also, the price is very good for these stats, even if it's for one season, it's a solid investment.

For aerial ability, usually center defenders carry that burden, few teams will float crosses that accurately to get to the opposite full back.

on fm10 was his long shot and free kicks not like 18 or something wtf

ac

i was looking for striker and i found rossi didnt have the monney ask the bored to buy him and there maby sell pato and ronaldenlio to raise some founds sorry about spelling not the best

How many games does he ussualy last in a row? I've found Beckham can last a game and half constant on rm, which has proven to be a great buy. Bringing through a youth team player on that side but needed experince and at £1.5 mil not a bad buy. Only downside I've seen is his pay- £85k pw, though im not very meticulus with watching them play.

Try to get him on loan with a large future fee.....the club is more likely to accept a potential large return and then dont offer him a contract at the end of the season and laugh histerically as his stats drop in the 2nd season

i had him on loan for dortmund in 1st seson and got him for pennies in the sencond and i dont think hes played a game for me with a rating below 7!

I agree that IRL it would be unrealistic, however FM seem to have a good opinion of him, I've just signed him for my AC Milan side, which is usually what you can afford there in the first season, since the transfer budget is set to ZERO.

I'll post another screenshot in the winter break and let you know how it goes.

Same here mate, I signed him to my AC Milan team, along with Maxwell on loan from Barca. He's a great addition to an already experienced squad. Also got Jermaine Jenas (short term deal, 2 years) and Roque Santa Cruz for £0, as their clubs wanted rid of them. Santa Cruz has been a revelation, 9 goals in 11 games.

Anyway, in realtion to the thread, I bought Hulk for my Newcastle team last year. Worst £27M I ever spent. 1 goal in 32 appearances. Average rating of 6.13. Offloaded him to Birmingham for £20M a year later, cut my losses and got Cavenaghi back from Milan (who I had sold to the previous season for £10M after signing him originalyl on a free).

Due to his huge amount of useful PPM's for a LWB and his unbelievable experience at every major level, surely he'd be absolutely great for tutoring any up and coming LWB such as Dodo?

Signed him in a could of saves and he's always been brilliant :)