JoeyL89

Reaction score
I'm in my second season with Man City and bought van Persie in the january transfer window, hasn't been perfoming to his best I must say, any tips or tricks I can use to bring the best out of him?
Cheers guys.

Joey :)

Wait for him to settle in I guess. Not sure of his player role though, that could be crucial.

one thing i can recommend you , as i had him , is play him as a deep-lying forward on the RIGHT side, he will score lots of goals this way as his preferred foot is left and he tends to cut inside a lot ... maximum creative freedom , through balls often and long shots-never if you like to keep possession and work ball into box, or sometimes if you play a more defensive/high tempo counter-attacking game.. i've also had succes with him playing as AMC , but that really depends on your formation and tactic

le : misread it , yep

Last edited:
one thing i can recommend you , as i had him , is play him as a deep-lying forward on the RIGHT side, he will score lots of goals this way as his preferred foot is left and he tends to cut inside a lot ... maximum creative freedom , through balls often and long shots-never if you like to keep possession and work ball into box, or sometimes if you play a more defensive/high tempo counter-attacking game.. i've also had succes with him playing as AMC , but that really depends on your formation and tactic

le : misread it , yep

4 - 3 - 1 - 2
play him on wide right

Just give him time to settle in. Obviously a class player.

Well i think if your playing with 2 strikers, try making him a trequarista up front, or Adv Fwd/ Complete fwd (support) when he's on his own, in terms of playing him wide right, idk because i play him on his own up front in a 4-3-3 but u could try just making him inside fwd so he cuts in, and shoots or passes on edge of the area

4-3-2-1 with him as a deep lying Forward, Golden Boot :D

He has 17 goals in 23 games for me, but now he's out for the rest of the season, 5 months with a broken leg :/

Play him as an Inside Forward if your playing him as a Right Winger or as a Deep-Lying Forward,Advanced Forward or even a Complete Forward.

Play him as a deep-Lying forward with a poacher.

I think he's perfect in the AMR/inside forward role, as well as filling in on the left if necessary.

Deep lying forward he scored 27 out of 31 premier leauge matches for me in first season. playin him along side one other striker.

how much you buy van persie,
i offer 28m but arsenal reject me :'(

Play him as a deep-lying forward on the RIGHT side and he will bang in the goals for you

Play him either on the right as an inside forward, or upfront with Adebayor as target man and Van Persie as deep lying forward

I'm sorry to drag up a old thread but VP is really giving me problems in my game, he does not perform at all and when I play him with my top striker, Dzeko, they rarely score...

Dzeko - Target man
Van Persie - Trequartista or deep-lying forward