Robinho aims for title with City

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
New Manchester City signing Robinho has set his sights on winning the Premier League title with his new club.

More...

theyve signed one good player, all this hype is a bit ott for me really. until i see alot more signings i wont be getting too scared any time soon

since we beat them 8-1 theyve signed robinho and SWP and maybe jo of any real calibre and let corluka go and got a worse manager in imo. long way to go for the title yet so less hype please

Last edited:
i dont think they are claiming they will win it this year.

Corluka is pish, don't rate him at all at going forward. Spurs only bought him cause Hutton is out I think.

Hopefully city will spend quite big in January, don't think there is a chance of winning the title this season, maybe in 2-3 seasons time depending on signings.

Well they definately have the money. Just depends who they buy as they need quality throughout to win the league.

This year will be too soon for them as they will be the same as liverpool are every year and this year, too far behind at christmas.

But i think when you look at there team now and chelsea's team the day roman took over city have a better team in my opinion and wont need to buy a new squad as chelsea did then. It only took chelsea 2 years to win it so i think city will be closer than liverpool and arsenal next year unless them 2 spend big.

Looks like england will have a "top 5" now then i wonder how long it is before 5 clubs from england start qualifying for the champions league

That maybe true but I don't think Platini will allow more than 4 clubs to qualify, especially from England.

Sam is right, this hype is ridiculous. I hope Hughes doesn't them try to make all the decisions cocnerning the team etc and doesn't have players forced on him.

It only took chelsea 2 years to win it so i think city will be closer than liverpool and arsenal next year unless them 2 spend big.

Nah no chance. I'd like to think good players aren't all in it for the money.

They wont get all there targets like torres, fabregas and ronaldo but i think especially with robinho signing they will atrract some big names. I mean chelsea were getting rejected left right and centre when they first got cash but for city to get someone like robinho straight away is amazing and will help them progess up the league alot fast than chelsea did.

Good players ant all about the money agreed but the best players want to play champions league and win trophies and in the next 2-3 years i think they will have a better chance of doing that at city than arsenal or liverpool unless liverpool find some cash or wenger stops been scared of pressure and uses some money