rafc1907

Reaction score
Started a new game with my team rochdale as my computer decided to go mental, had a pretty good start to my first season and ended up going up, heres how things ended up at the end of the season (first pic is end of first season)

As you can see very good start for me, some good signings as well (2nd pic transfers for 2nd season)

Making a good start to second season in League One, board expectation is to attempt to avoid relegation, but im confident and put mid table finish. Signed some very good players on a free just hoping that they will gel quickly and start winning games

Squad(3rd Pic) is looking nice and healthy for competition, replaced most of my original squad as i didnt think they would be good enough for League 1 and just got Man City as my parent club bringing me in £38k a year so quite good for my balance as we are only a small club.

Currently using JP's CLough tactic working quite good beat Oldham 4-1 in the cup and beat Crystal Palace in the second round 2-1. League(4th pic) has only just started and we are 18th P4 W1 D1 L2, need to start improving results in League rather than the Cup.

will post an update every month just to see if we are improving confident we will do just need the squad to gel more.

Aye hoping that we improve soon dont really fancy a relagation battle and considering players ive signed we shouldn't be anywhere near it in my opinion

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:57 PM ----------

August results

Swindon 0 - 1 Rochdale (Ball)
Oldham 1 - 4 Rochdale (LC) (Makela 2, Novo, Kennedy)
Rochdale 0 - 0 Hartlepool
Milwall 1 - 0 Rochdale
Rochdale 2 - 1 Crystal Palace (LC) (Graham 2)
Rochdale 0 - 1 Colchester

Some good performances but hoping for a considerable improvement in the league

September Results

Rochdale 2 - 0 Morecambe (JPT) (Ward, Graham)
Rochdale 2 - 0 Bristiol Rovers (Grenier, O.G)
Carlisle 1 - 0 Rochdale
Coventry 1 - 0 Rochdale
Ipswich 3 - 1 Rochdale (LC) (Ball)
Rochdale 3 - 1 Tranmere (Graham 2, Novo)

End of September a mixed Month some very good wins at the start and to finish with a 3-1 win is good. 3 Wins and 2 losses for the league and Out at the third round of the league cup not to bad. Im pleased with performances even in the two 1-0 losses really deserved to be draws but glad for the three wins in the league. League table at end of September below.

Good job. You are doing quite well for a first season. As I have recently found out, it can take players a long time to get really used to tactics and be able to produce their best using them, so as long as you are having a decent run of results till then, consider it a job well done:D

cheers for that pal, just moving into october now so hoping the 3 wins in september will continue, only thing which may hamper me is that i have a young sqaud and not much experience, but found some absolute diamond players: - David Ball (Ex Man City), Miquel Buades (similar to Angel Rangel), Andy Fleming (Young midfielder from Wrexham, predicted to be leading CM in CCC), Ben Mee (ex man city again), Kristof Muller (German LW), Kyle Patterson (ex LA Galaxy), and Danny Graham (Star Striker for me Released by Carlisle)

Just hope my Leading striker Danny Graham can stay fit and start scoring

October Results

Crewe 2 - 0 Rochdale
Rochdale 1 - 0 Bury (JPT) (Hewson)
Rochdale 3 - 0 Southampton (Patterson, Graham (P), Novo) FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE against pre season favourites to be champions, maybe a turning point for the season
Leyton Orient 1 - 2 Rochdale (Graham, Buckley) last minute goal only 5 seconds left on the clock SUPER WILL BUCKLEY turns up unmarked in the box and slotted home the winner come on lads
Rochdale 1 - 3 Oldham (Novo) Very disappointed with this performance could have been so much better none of the lads turned up.
Hereford 1 - 0 Rochdale
Rochdale 0 - 1 Southend
Rochdale 2 - 2 Huddersfield (Ball, Muller)

Dillema here, just been offered the Aston Villa Job in my second season, £25,000 p//w and £22.5m transfer budget

thinking of taking it to give me a chance in the premiership.

will keep you posted, more than likely will take it though

November Results

Rochdale 2 - 0 Carlise (Graham, OG) Last game in charge before taking over at Aston Villa, very emotional day but very glad I ended on a win.
Everton 3 - 0 Aston Villa - terrible start for my new team but as they say the only way is up and we are currently 16th so aiming for a top ten finish
Villa 1 - 4 Arsenal (LC) (Young)
Villa 1 - 4 Spurs (Carew) - looking like i made the wrong decison in leaving Dale but will work hard to turn around this terrible start
Sunderland 2 - 0 Villa - worst month in my short managerial career so far

Table and squad \/\/\/\/\/

This isn't really lower league management anymore is it? :S

Nope which is why I will be delving into the relatively unknown(for me) and start to manage a team in the BSN or BSS

will keep you posted