@fplcentre

Reaction score
Rockpie's 4-5-1

Updated for FM15, this tactic plays some beautiful football. I've had a lot of success with my Cardiff team so far and will upload some SS once I've gone through a whole season. Right now looking for people to test/try out the tactic and give some feedback on how it works for you.

Here is the tactic:

View attachment 318563

Preferred Moves

The wing backs should have the preferred moves to get forward and avoid weaker foot if they are reasonable, weak or very weak.

The centre backs should have the preferred move to mark tightly and avoid weaker foot.

The half back should have the preferred move to play simple passes and mark opponent's tightly.

The box-to-box mid should have plays one-twos and dictates tempo. It also helps if he has gets into opposition area.

The playmaker should have tries killer balls, plays one-twos and dictates tempo.

The wingers should run with ball often, run with ball down left/right flank, and play one-twos. You will also need a strong right foot for the right wing and strong left foot for the left wing.

The advanced forward should move into the channels and play one-twos. Also follow staff advice on whether he should shoot with power or place his shots, etc.

Opposition Instructions

I manually look at the opposition strikers and midfielders and do the following:

If bravery is 10 or below set to hard tackling. Do not set to the 'show to weaker foot option'. If a player is right footed, tell your players to specifically show to the left foot and vice versa for left footed players.

I also go through opposition substitutes and use the same rules to the strikers and midfielders on the bench so that if they come on later in the game the instructions are already set.

Since uploading, I've added the player instruction to close down less for both centre backs. And when playing away I've found that taking away the team instruction to push higher and adding the instruction for whipped crosses helps.