kpgooner95

Reaction score
Hello FM community, i know fm16 is dead and buried at this stage but i was wondering if anyone has created a roger schmidt tactic, or anyone who is willing to get together to create one.

For those of you who don't know who Roger Schmidt is then i suggest reading a brief summary and following the links that i have posted.

Roger Schmidt first came to light when he was the manager at Red Bull Salzburg, now managing Bayer Leverkusen, he is known for implementing a 4-4-2 shape, which is very similar to that of Simeone where he wants the wide players to play in Half spaces, when out of possession. What makes him so different from simeone is that he uses gengenpressing to an extent when klopps gengen is nothing, he plays a very narrow shape with lightling quick attacks with a relentless pace throughout the game.

For more info, follow these links.

Roger Schmidt’s Footballing Philosophy And His Breathtakingly Brilliant Bayer Leverkusen Side — The Tactics Room

Bayer Leverkusen's Tactics Under Roger Schmidt

Analysis: Bayer Leverkusen's pressing & structure under Roger Schmidt | Outside of the Boot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_FpgTZtao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY45DS9z6Tg

i think you have to use the "preset" in player Instructions for this one.
with defensive or counter mentality,you can set all player's clossing down & passing to fullbar.
with attacking mentality,you can't set clossing down & passing to fullbar.

so we need to use "preset" in player Instructions,save a copy into your hard disk & import to new tactic

this is my crazy pressing overload tactic :

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...razy-overload-updated-even-crazy-version.html

but look like this kind of ultra crazy pressing tactic abit unstable.Sometime its very good,some time you will lose heavily.

Last edited:
with defensive or counter mentality,you can set all player's clossing down & passing to fullbar.with attacking mentality,you can't set clossing down & passing to fullbar.
This doesn't matter. Even at "fullbar" closing down at Defensive or Counter, you won't be near even default closing down for Attacking, nevermind adding more.

This doesn't matter. Even at "fullbar" closing down at Defensive or Counter, you won't be near even default closing down for Attacking, nevermind adding more.

if not preset fullbar,my striker just moving around in the midfield area,not chasing the CD,& not chasing the FB.
but i think it difference when you use preset fullbar,it make my striker chasing the ball inside the boxes,& chasing the FB.

if not preset fullbar,my striker just moving around in the midfield area,not chasing the CD,& not chasing the FB.
but i think it difference when you use preset fullbar,it make my striker chasing the ball inside the boxes,& chasing the FB.
Yeah, that's obvious? More closing down on the bars = more closing down on the pitch.

What I'm saying is that Defend/Counter Mentality has a low closing down. Much lower than Attacking. Even ramping it up on Counter, doesn't get you as much closing down as with even the lowest closing down setting in Attacking. The Mentalities all have defaults and all you're doing with TIs or PIs, is adjusting from that base.

Yeah, that's obvious? More closing down on the bars = more closing down on the pitch.

What I'm saying is that Defend/Counter Mentality has a low closing down. Much lower than Attacking. Even ramping it up on Counter, doesn't get you as much closing down as with even the lowest closing down setting in Attacking. The Mentalities all have defaults and all you're doing with TIs or PIs, is adjusting from that base.

yea,i mean use preset to "cheat".
the player chasing more than normal it should.

i think you have to use the "preset" in player Instructions for this one.
with defensive or counter mentality,you can set all player's clossing down & passing to fullbar.
with attacking mentality,you can't set clossing down & passing to fullbar.

so we need to use "preset" in player Instructions,save a copy into your hard disk & import to new tactic

this is my crazy pressing overload tactic :

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...razy-overload-updated-even-crazy-version.html

but look like this kind of ultra crazy pressing tactic abit unstable.Sometime its very good,some time you will lose heavily.

I agree with your fullbar idea to a certain extent, however, when having an attacking mentality, the usual setup is to press your opponents, thats why the PI doesnt allow the bar to go all the way, due to it being active, its just there, so if you dont want to press with an attacking mentality you can adjust it IMO

I always assumed the bar was the same for all mentalities... So if closing down was 50% filled up on Counter mentality, they'd close down the same amount/aggression as 50% on Attacking mentality...

I see I was now wrong in thinking this, why isn't it made clearer!?

I always assumed the bar was the same for all mentalities... So if closing down was 50% filled up on Counter mentality, they'd close down the same amount/aggression as 50% on Attacking mentality...

I see I was now wrong in thinking this, why isn't it made clearer!?

I think im correct in that sense, i've noticed the difference in game