Sumner_05

Reaction score

For those of you that don't know i use to be an avid user of this blog my most notable and popular story was an Ian Holloway England manager story which can be viewed here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-stories-archived/56262-capello-era-over.html. After deciding to return thought i might as well start a new story to keep me entertained till FM16 release
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivia%20Wayne%20Godfrey%20Sky%20Sports%20News%20Presenter%20Images%20(18).jpg

A sensational few days in Rome has led to club Captain Francesco Totti being appointed manager on a 3 year deal.

The 38 year old Italian, who joined Roma as a 13 year old has announced his retirement from the game to replace Rudi Garcia who walked out of the club earlier in the week after a bust up with club president James Pallotta over a lack of funds available to strengthen the squad. It is unknown how much the club icon will have to spend.

TOTTI-AS-ROMA-CONTRACT-EXTENSION-PRESS-CONFERENCE-3.jpg

Totti said in a statement “Roma is my life and my story. At the moment I feel very emotional and I also feel a sense of duty. I feel saddened I will never lead the team out onto the pitch again that is the end of a cycle. My job now is to create a new one”.

Last edited:
I pulled up to Fulvio Bernardini with an extraordinary sense of anticipation, I stopped for a quick photo for the press and pose in some selfies. After this I drove into the car park, headed to the office and sat down in my chair. A huge smile swept across my face as I sat in that manager’s chair.

Roma+Training+Press+Conference+Z3-QUpcW0VFl.jpg

I called the squad and the staff into the meeting room and sat the lads down “I know it’s been a shaky few days around here, but it’s imperative that we all pull together, stay strong and really push Juventus for the title, obviously I played alongside all of you so I’ve already made pre-judgements on you and on our tactical plan”.

I concluded the meeting keeping Frederic Bompard and Walter Sabatini behind. We sat and discussed the squad for a good half hour. The same name that we were all thinking of was Gino Peruzzi there were other names but we were struggling to find players that were within our budget.

article-2320490-19A6BF51000005DC-552_468x286.jpg

468897986-roma-player-francesco-totti-during-an-as-gettyimages.jpg

Training happened today as normal where we worked on different systems. But afterwards I called a few players over, these players were Maicon, Gianluca Curci and Bogdan Lobont. I wanted to tell them that they were not in my plans, but I wanted to explain face to face, man management and communication are 2 qualities every manager should have. I noticed how fearful they all looked as if they knew what I was going to say.

maicon_palla_thumb400x275.jpg

Each one came into my office individually, I wanted to be as honest as possible with them. Gianluca and Bogdan simply aren’t good enough. Maicon was a tricky decision, whilst he is still a good player, he is the wrong side of 30 and his sale could help us secure one of our key transfer targets Gino Peruzzi. He is 22 and has the potential to be our right-back for the next decade.

The look on their faces when I told them they were no wanted was difficult for me as I was their captain and team mate under a week ago. A new goalkeeper is the number one priority for this transfer window.

so cold blooded!!

LOL, JK. You gotta make the right moves. Roma's squad has a lot of potential. But it will be tough to unseat Juventus. They are STACKED. Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Llorente, Buffon, just a few of the big names that they have. But if you can get your side into Champions League, you will be able to get more income into the club and eventually sign bigger and better players.

so cold blooded!!

LOL, JK. You gotta make the right moves. Roma's squad has a lot of potential. But it will be tough to unseat Juventus. They are STACKED. Pogba, Vidal, Tevez, Llorente, Buffon, just a few of the big names that they have. But if you can get your side into Champions League, you will be able to get more income into the club and eventually sign bigger and better players.

yer dislodging juve will be a challenge, squad has so much potential can do it ! The finances really aren't that great i was surprised

Khune and Peruzzi arrive in Rome for medicals

Itumeleng+Khune+Q4GzyItqmbKm.jpg

Sky Italia sources understand that Itumeleng Khune and Gino Peruzzi have arrived at Romas’ training ground this afternoon for a medical before they put pen to paper after the parties agreed upon a fee. These would be the first signings of the Francessco Totti era. There has yet to be a press release from Roma

p.s. just a quick update will be another one later

Last edited: