Isildur58

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Soo... I'm managing Arsenal and I'm in the summer of the second season. I can buy Romelu Lukaku for 21 million pounds. He will be on a 85k p/w contract. I have Lewandowski, Vela, and Giroud. I could possibly sell Giroud if I get Lukaku, as I've heard he is much better.

Soo... Deal? and should I sell Giroud if I do get Lukaku (attached are his stats)?

put it this way, Lukaku is the new Drogba, sell Giroud, buy Lukaku and score goals.

put it this way, Lukaku is the new Drogba, sell Giroud, buy Lukaku and score goals.

^ Essentially that. Lukaku goes nuts, buy him. Also, if you play with a TM (I'm assuming you use Giroud and Lukaku as one), try getting Mitrovic, and sell Vela. You won't need another striker at all.

^ Essentially that. Lukaku goes nuts, buy him. Also, if you play with a TM (I'm assuming you use Giroud and Lukaku as one), try getting Mitrovic, and sell Vela. You won't need another striker at all.

I already signed Mitrovic for 9.5mil. However, he's on loan to Anderlecht because that was part of the transfer deal... unfortunately. Also, I heard that Mitrovic is mainly a Complete Forward. What PPMs would I have to teach to Lukaku and Mitrovic to make them destructive?

I already signed Mitrovic for 9.5mil. However, he's on loan to Anderlecht because that was part of the transfer deal... unfortunately. Also, I heard that Mitrovic is mainly a Complete Forward. What PPMs would I have to teach to Lukaku and Mitrovic to make them destructive?

Complete forward is the best kind of forward, he can do everything.

take a look at this guide linked below, does wonders to figure out the right pm for a position:

Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2014 Guide

For Mitrovic, I use him as a TM, with wingers crossing from byline. I taught Mitrovic "Plays with back to goal", since he had "Shoots with Power" already I think, not sure. For a TM, Power Shooting is essential.

For Mitrovic, I use him as a TM, with wingers crossing from byline. I taught Mitrovic "Plays with back to goal", since he had "Shoots with Power" already I think, not sure. For a TM, Power Shooting is essential.
Plays with back to goal can only be tutored, not taught, right? Which player did you use to tutor him?

Plays with back to goal can only be tutored, not taught, right? Which player did you use to tutor him?

Eh, why? I taught him, you can teach that. I taught Mitrovic that, although wasn't able to teach Lukaku the same thing..

Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2014 Guide

Check this, it can not be taught directly o_O only tutored by senior player, much like that "Appears late in opposition area" PPM.

That's strange. I'm reasonably sure I taught Mitrovic that, instead of tutoring. Can someone confirm that for me? Please try with Mitrovic.. If it's not possible, maybe I'm going senile earlier than expected :\

ive been offered to train the plays with back to goal ppm in the backroom advice area. your not going senile

That's strange. I'm reasonably sure I taught Mitrovic that, instead of tutoring. Can someone confirm that for me? Please try with Mitrovic.. If it's not possible, maybe I'm going senile earlier than expected :\
Just checked, you can. It wasn't possible in FM13, nor before this patch. :eek: I'm sure