Ganny

Reaction score
OK, so I got him for around £9.5m, since Rooney is a long term injury... Right at the end of the Jan transfer window too!

Anyway, is it just me, or is he overhyped? I tried playing him in the reserves and he's not great. It's not a question of settling in as such, I think, since Valcav Kadlec has come in and he's playing like a world class player... Lukaku doesn't seem to be hitting his potential, despite what others have said.

Is there something that I'm missing (Wrong role, needs a strike partner/no strike partner etc)? And how do you get his fitness levels up (Natural fitness is only 5!!! XO)

If your in the first season then it is a question of settling in. He's only 17 so don't expect him to set the world alight and start scoring 20+ goals a season for at least a couple of years.

It's not even that. In a game against my U18, he missed a complete sitter. Butland was about 20 yards off his line, Lukaku rounds him and blasts the ball from outside the area over the bar! XO

I am Chelsea and brought him in to replace Drogba- he took a while to settle in and I thought I'd made a big error in signing him for £7.5m. At the beginning of the 2012-2013 season I started him in a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers on the left of a front 2 with Torres. His role is Advanced Forward. His record this season is Games 12(1) Goals 7.

On my game his natural fitness is 18 so not sure what to say on that matter, but have faith- he develops.

ZeShaldinho: how much game time did he get in the first 2 seasons?

I have him for Arsenal at the end of 2013-14 season in a network game. Did ok first couple of years as 3rd choice. Tried to loan him out but no takers surprisingly then at the beginning of the 2013-14 season he went on loan to Sevilla and scored 22 in 29 before breaking his leg!

Going to be one of my 2 strikers for the next season anyway

I'm Fiorentina and bought him for £7.75M in the Jan transfer window, I brought him on as a sub for a few games in the remainder of that season then played him as my main striker in my 2nd season when Gilardino got injured. So far he'***** 11 goals in 12 (3) and thats him playing in a 4-2-3-1. I have him set to Advanced Forward which I don't think is the best one to pick on paper but its working for me so far!

Hope this helps

I had Lukaku, ended up selling him because he didn't fit the strategy I used 4-5-1. He's too slow to be a lone striker. Lukaku needs to be played with a another striker preferably poacher and Lukaku as targetman.

always go for khouma babacar. Same age, same price, turns out 10 times better. In my save for senegal he got 68 goals in 56 apps and for chelsea scored 30+ goals in two straight seasons, unfortunatley for me ;)

Babacar is Lukaku on crack... he scored 20 goals for me in 1st season with arsenal including League Cup winner and Champions league winner... Lukaku was on reserves he takes more time

i agree with babacar being a better scorer. lukaku gets going at around age 19...excellent targetman or advance forward..

Completly agree with JakeSmallman, It has to be Babacar out of the 2 of them

doesn't help the thread starter as he has bought lukaku. he won't bang goals in but he will certainly help your other striker to...
kadlec and lukaku seem like a dream team and thats probably why kadlec is playing class...

I had Lukaku, ended up selling him because he didn't fit the strategy I used 4-5-1. He's too slow to be a lone striker. Lukaku needs to be played with a another striker preferably poacher and Lukaku as targetman.

I use him in my 4-3-3 For Arsenal, I find he works better as a lone striker I have him upfront as traquista most times with an attacking advanced player (Pepe/Italian) and Winger (Cut into channels) Nasri, with Fab deep lying and Wilshere/Pjanic/Diaby attacking play maker, and he his pretty consistent when he is played.

You don't have to be fast if you're a lone striker. The whole point of 1 striker is for them to pass it back to the midfield, carrying on the attack, so he can push up into space himself.

At first he isn't the greatest young striker but he gets going at the age of 19. From what I have seen. However on my last save game I got him with Villa for £7m on the first season and he got 17 goals in 28(8) Games. I noticed it was all down to a training system I had employed as I bought him for Everton on my most recent save and hasn't scored much.

lukaku performed for me after 4 years
complete forward attack 16 goals 17 assists.
be patient!!!

Let him settle in, u will see the results in a few years he will become an absolute beast. On my game he got 130 caps 125 goals for Belgium. Once he hit 45 goals in a season for me and he rarely gets injured. U got a good bargain, now get someone to tutor him as well like michael owen or rooney

he scored 16 league goals in first season with tottenham, settled in straight away