Clince121188

Reaction score
Has anybody got a good way of stopping Ronaldo from hitting so many long shots??(Without removing PPMs)

I'm currently re-creating the real madrid counter in my game so placing him up front isn't really an option.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it :D

I have not managed Real or him since ages ago, however, I would try and set his creative freedom up pretty high! (I assume that you have set long shots to never as well)

setting through balls and crossing to often will also hopefully (with high freedom) make him look for the pass and or cross more than he would the shot!

players also shoot if they don't have other options either, so keep that in mind..

As my name would imply I always play with Real Madrid in each Football manager, as everything else just feels wrong(cheating on my beloved). So wonderful that you are trying to re-create Real Madrid's counter-attacking football as shown, mostly and best, last season. When I play I use a very attacking football at home which creates a lot of opportunities with a big amount of shots on goal. I also get very high ball procentage and I have the "Counter-attack" box ticked in aswell. However my team doesn't seem to use this that often, but at times they pull of a brilliant counter-attack after having had a corner against them. But would be nice to have a tactic that tries to use this more often, and might be successful to use in away games.

However with Ronaldo im not sure how to do. Sometimes I'm really frustrated that he keeps on shooting and shooting from distance instead of searching for other players. But as he continues to break goalscoring records for me I realize that it might be worth it. Haven't actually dared to lower his longshots to never as I feel it's such a good weapon to carve through a very defensive minded team. As Raikan said giving him more creative freedom along with lowering his longshots he might take it down a notch. In every game I've started with Real Madrid they always suggest me to train Ronaldo to use less power when he's shooting, but have never tried it. Feels to unrealistic, haha. But it might take down his urges to shoot from distance even more?

HIRE MIKE RIGG AS COACH.START TRAINING CR7 TO STOP SHOOTING FROM LONG RANGE WITH THIS COACH.AFTER HE FAILS TO LERN THIS ONE OR TWO TIMES THEN HE IS OK.AT THE END OF MY FIRST SEASON HE STOPS SHOOTING FROM EVERYWHERE AND NOW HE DRIBLES IN THE BOX AND THEN SHOOTS.MUTCH BETTER SCORING CHANCES AND MORE GOALS FROM HIM.YOU WILL BE SURPRISED WITH THE WAY HE PLAYS...

I have not managed Real or him since ages ago, however, I would try and set his creative freedom up pretty high! (I assume that you have set long shots to never as well)

setting through balls and crossing to often will also hopefully (with high freedom) make him look for the pass and or cross more than he would the shot!

players also shoot if they don't have other options either, so keep that in mind..

Higher CF is counter productive to stopping him shooting from range. Its actually more likely to encourage him, as its a flair modifier, so he will have a higher tendency to ignore your instructions and follow his traits (PPMs)

WHATEVER YOU WILL DO CR7 CONTINUES SHOOTING UNTIL HE UNLEARN TIS PPM (SHOOTS FROM DISTANCE)

Higher CF is counter productive to stopping him shooting from range. Its actually more likely to encourage him, as its a flair modifier, so he will have a higher tendency to ignore your instructions and follow his traits (PPMs)

yeah, it was an idea as he was running out of options by the sounds of things! so setting the players CF high will make him revert to him using PPM's? I would think it was the other way around?

can you not give him any advice?

yeah, it was an idea as he was running out of options by the sounds of things! so setting the players CF high will make him revert to him using PPM's? I would think it was the other way around?

can you not give him any advice?

Yes, higher CF is effectively telling him to do more of what he thinks is right, not what your instructions are. I would actually lower his CF, play him closer to goal, make sure he always has passing options on, and accept the fact he will be shooting from range.

I have to agree with Babis Vazelos, it's annoying and destroys and there's nothing you can do beside untrain him