whenray

Reaction score
This set up has served me pretty well so far with Newcastle winning the league in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th season as well as the FA cup and league cup 3rd season and Champions league in the 4th season. So overall I'd say it's not really terrible but I haven't been able to pull away and dominate the league and it's always a close run thing. From the attached pics can anyone suggest anything that might improve my tactics even more or am I just being greedy? Any suggestions for instructions and/or roles to add or remove are more than welcome.

View attachment 348514View attachment 348513

How many goals do you concede a season? I'd change the BWM to a more of a holding role, like a CM-D.

How many goals do you concede a season? I'd change the BWM to a more of a holding role, like a CM-D.

I don't concede too many, I was toying with the idea of a dlp- defend and a box to box midfielder though as the ball winner tends to just pick up cards and not much more.

finally a well thought of tactic and a good setup...sorry, I got a bit tired from posts usually here, so this is a sight for sore eyes :D
Anyway, I see you use hassling with balanced philosophy. Whilst thats good in terms of movement between space, you would be much better off with very fluid. With it, all players would subscribe to pressing, and you would have the benefeit of your forwards helping defence and easing off the pressure on them. I know this is a big change, but you certainly have players capable of it.

Last edited:
finally a well thought of tactic and a good setup...sorry, I got a bit tired from posts usually here, so this is a sight for sore eyes :D
Anyway, I see you use hassling with balanced philosophy. Whilst thats good in terms of movement between space, you would be much better off with very fluid. With it, all players would subscribe to pressing, and you would have the benefeit of your forwards helping defence and easing off the pressure on them. I know this is a big change, but you certainly have players capable of it.

Cheers, I might just give that a try. Out of interest if I was wanting to use inside forwards with this rather than wingers is there anything I'd need to consider apart from changing the role of the striker to ensure they are complimenting each other rather than getting in each others way?